Angel's Egg (CSBWin)

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Des
Um Master

Angel's Egg (CSBWin)

Post by Des »

After a long break I've just resumed work on my dungeon. To help me decide what to do next (apart from improving the portraits and upgrading to a newer version of CSBWin) - as I seem to have lost the "thread of creation" - I've decided to release the current beta version to get some feedback.

You can download it here http://www.sholing.force9.co.uk/angel.zip

Please be honest with your comments - if it isn't good enough I'd rather start a new one than waste time polishing a turd!

P.S. The readme.txt file is worth a quick look and the songs.txt file credits the source of the wall inscriptions.
Last edited by Des on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Ok, coolest characters EVER! I'll play it now and will let you know how I like it.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Just downloaded, and a had a quick look. And looks good! I will not play it through, I'd rather have the finished version as not to spoil it. A very fun dungeon I must say (very rock 'n' roll), with the characters and inscriptions. Maybe too much too quick - BoS, ropes, flasks within 20 seconds were a nice bonus!

I think your idea to release the mighty adge upon it will pay its dividends and add even more feel. Feel free to nick any of my graphics if you feel they are worth it! Its pretty easy to come up with new weapons etc and is well worth the effort.

maybe get just the one playtester? The urge to download any new updates can be too much to resist! I will wait til your 1st alpha release, and its great to see more CSBWin stuff. Nice one!
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

Yup, lots of goodies at the start. One of my concerns when testing the dunge was that I'd made it too easy. I aimed to create an adventure where the characters can tool up and be effective quickly, so that they can cope with the non-linearity of it and the likelihood of meeting dangerous monsters right from the start. I wanted it to be doable by novice players whilst the DM hardnuts could take it on with one reincarnated character.

So that's why I decided to release it early for some feedback - it is meant to be fun rather than mega-challenging but it could be too fluffy. There really aren't any particularly taxing puzzles, and whilst there are potentially some really tough fights, they are mostly avoidable. On the other hand it is quite sadistic in parts - there a plenty of horrible deaths awaiting the unwary adventurer....
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I briefly looked at it - the song quotes are funny and appropriate, the charatcers hysterical...I jumped down the first pit I oculd find, so had a very weird non-linear time, but liked what I saw.

Since some dungeons do bias towards restricting stuff to begin with, then I think the tooling up idea is very welcome, especially for a non-linear dungeon. Carry on!