Over weight - black flame

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Froud
Artisan

Over weight - black flame

Post by Froud »

Very much enjoying playing Black Flame. Strikes just the right balance of difficulty of puzzles and strength of creatures.

One slight problem. Ive found various sets of very tasty armour. But my two characters cant wear it as its way too heavy. They are carrying just one sword each and each have a chest of food along with sundry other items. They are Wuuf and Elija so reasonably strong to start with.

Is load capacity just to do with fighter/ninja levels ? I dont really want to spend hours training them anymore. Currently expert fighters and artisan ninjas. Strength potions are ok but tend to run out at the most inconvenient moments.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Well, only Strength determines how much a character can carry. Since Fighter and Ninja levels tend to increase strength, they tend to increase the load capacity as well. Apart from Strength potions, there is no other way to raise the capacity. I actually didn't use the good armor in Black Flame, but Paul said he improved armor in general, so it might be wise to pick it up. Still, you can beat the game without the best armor (I am living proof of that).
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

There is some slight randomisation of armour placement, you may well have got lucky! Two people is a good number to take, but I wouldn't say they were particularly strong to start with, especially Wuuf. But some of the lighter stuff maybe just as good... as Trantor said, I overhauled the stats of a lot of things. Try and find Spider Robes for you least strong character.
Froud
Artisan

Post by Froud »

Thx guys, Gonna have to have that cool Ra armour. Something else will have to go.

Btw Whats the names of all these new creatures ? I like to know what Im slaughtering or whats slaughtering me.

Especially these Star Wars guys who do the John Travolta impersonations !
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Hehe... John Travolta, you are not the 1st to say that!

They are DiscoTroopers! And we have Bullettes (from EoB), Cyclops Trolls, Grubs, Shadows, Balrogs and ones I have to make names up for yet. And the mighty Lord Redav, coming up later...