Maze of the Lady (Under Construction)

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Riddled
Novice

Maze of the Lady (Under Construction)

Post by Riddled »

Maze of the Lady

Heh, no screenshot here. :shock:

First build at: 75%
Last edited by Riddled on Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome to the forums, great thing to have as your first post! : )

If you want suggestions, might be an idea to hint at what it includes to start with. Who are your champions, is there any twist in getting them - what do the current levels contain, what is the basic playign style (like DM, like CSB, hack 'n' slash, lotsa puzzles, etc)
Riddled
Novice

Post by Riddled »

Edited to post in response.

There you go beowuuf, if you need to know more let me know and I'll write it up. I'm not very good with greetings and all, I just like to get stuck in there. :D

tbh, I've been lurking on the forums for years.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

If there's areas of lots of fighting, I like to be given at least a chance to get away or warning at what I'm getting into...if you just get dumped in the middle of a bunch of mobs with no prior reason or warning it's not really fair.
I don't mind a few fights, but I like stuff that requires some brain power, like riddles...I hope your name is an indication that you use them? ;)
Ohh speaking of which, I haven't done any riddles for yonks, have I? Hmm I'll see if I can think up some more soon :).
Novice

Post by Riddled »

In most instances, you will be able to totally evade some battles just by being quick on your toes. But the Lady is devious, and she can change the maze on a whim. So just keep an eye on your escape route, just in case. Also, if you take your time in the dungeon most of the later fights will usually only douse you if you haven't prepared for the worst, neglected your characters or just paniced.

And yes, there are riddles. Spread about the levels, some are harder than others... Obviously.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Cool :). Sounds like fun...I'll look forward to its release so I can play it :).
Although I bet I get stuck on a really obvious puzzle...missing the obvious seems to be a skill of mine, lol.
Novice

Post by Riddled »

I'm just abit concerned... The RTC file... Does it contain custom images in and sounds that I have added or do I have to port them across too in the download, in the right directories? First time, actually releasing on the internet.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Once you've compiled the file and it's made a proper ".rtc" file, that contains all necessary info to play the dungeon - all your new sounds and pics will be there. I've messed around with adding new monsters myself (both pics and sounds) and sent only the .rtc file to a couple of people who have been able to run the dungeon fine.
Novice

Post by Riddled »

Ok, I'm just making some finishing touches on the harder levels before designing the softer levels of the dungeon...

:twisted: I work in reverse! I created the end before the beginning! How wacky is that!?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, not wacky at all. You need a good ending you know will be appreciated to spur you on to do the rest : )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Nice to see some new monster graphics, but judging by the name and scenario, you've shown off the final baddie which is a bit daft really -- where's the surprise now?

Post by Guest »

You know your enemy :D The problem is actually reaching your enemy and then not being flayed alive.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Oh, ignore Ameena... she only likes dungeons with no monsters, straight corridors and lots of doors...
Riddled
Novice

Post by Riddled »

My Disclaimer (JIC :D)

Well new monsters are convertions from a popular RPG game, so, just to cover my ass. I do not own the images used and all copyrights go to their respective owners, I am making this under a non-profitable basis.

With that out of the way...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Ah, yes, I probably need to do the same, as I have a 'habit' of lifting monsters from other games.

Also I have to agree with Gambit: try not to give too much away on your dungeon as it may spoil the gameplay when finally released.
Riddled
Novice

Post by Riddled »

And you won't believe how difficult that is with people asking for spoilers.

EDIT: After doing a ten-hour dungeonmaking crunch, I've decided to take a weekend breather which will give me the chance to think up something worth putting into the remaining unconstructed levels of the dungeon.
Last edited by Riddled on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Bah just say "Nooo no-one is hearing anything more of my dungeon until it's released :P" and then say nothing more till you need playtesters, then send it to a couple of people you trust to give good opinions and not reveal spoilers. Then release it properly :D.
Novice

Post by Riddled »

Well I could be a total arse and... *YOINK*

Re-couping my losses and preventing other possible players from getting spoilt.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, excellent, now we can start a series of mis-information to really get some interest

Awww, you took away the cool screenshot of the 10 headed dragon that was attacking the 20 headed couatyl!
Riddled
Novice

Post by Riddled »

Beowuuf no spoilers! No spoilers! :P
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sorry, I mean 20 headed "bunnie"
Riddled
Novice

Post by Riddled »

I'm not dead or inactive, I'm just incapable of continung the dungeon atm.

(My computer is overheating, frequently)