Sera's Conflux II Diary *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Sera's Conflux II Diary *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Post by Sera »

so here it is... my first day of playing the infamous conflux, lets see if can actually die on a dm game for once, even if it's a custom made...

started off, i chose leif ( because of PualH XD ) interesting intro and what happens when going down ,not something id expect, but still good, then i looked around, first character, i was thinking i better not have to choose characters with everything as 1 for stats, i continued down, eventually found 4 more, i was actually upset that hissssa was behind one of the doors instead of being an initial character ( damn you zyx, hissssa is a good char to play with ) so yeah, chose leif, and that was it, yes, im running a solo conflux, 1 char, like ive always done in every dm game...

went down the storage cellars, interesting to have all nice stuff ready, even though most are behind locked doors, found a waterskin, saw a fountain in a little like alcoved area, but i did feel this wasnt a normal fountain, yet still i filled it up, next? i get blocked off by 4 rather funny looking screamers, thats when i first began to realise why this dungeon was so infamous, started bashing with the mace, was too slow, so i started punching away, killed about 2 as well as gain 2 ninja levels, my health was hanging on well, but my stamina was going down, and eventually my health was eating away when the stamina had gone...

luckily, i managed to kill the screamers without my health being completely eaten away, so i quickly slept, got, my stamina and health back... then refilled again, because i wanted to do it again *grin* eventually i stopped when i had over 100 health, then went about more in the storage cellar, found another fountain, with a trap under it ( sorry zyx, youll have to try harder to fool me ) eventually i thought what the heck and just walked onto it so see what actually would happen... trapped by a pit, but i was expecting worse, i jumped down, then accidently clicked forward again and fell into another pit, came to a place called 'the floods', looked around, found 'the temple', went through, saw some isolated caoutls, thought id kill them, but then thought, nah, might spoil something fun, next thing i saw was the supposed, high priest? i saw a couple of switches on the floor, decided to step on them anyway, then satarted fighting ( his bireballs are pretty tough ) next thing i know, im surrounded by the caoutls, found a space and ran back down the stairs, so little health left....

i healed up, then went back up the stairs, fought the caoutls, killed all 3 pretty easy, then returned to the high priest, getting ready to kill his ass, i just stunned him to death with the mace, he dropped a few nice things, stuck them on, then saved, then i just went afk for about 20 minutes to eat dinner, forgetting to pause, i return to find out that i had died for the first time, but that wasnt what id call valid death, since i wasnt there and did nothing to cause it in the first place, so i would still have a 0 death count, reset, then returned to the game...

found more vexirks, and they just got annoying with their rather heavy fireballs, yet i kept alive ( speaking of the vexirks right now, the csb ones look better, these just seem all flat and dumb looking, no offense meant o.o ) evenutaaly i vent down to the council chambers...

little did i expect all these wierd things to go on, circus stuff, and all wierd... thingies... was getting messages that said "what is this place?" and "i want to get out" i thought good idea, so legged it all the way back, for a long trek, but back to the champoin selection place, im now thinking, i better take this slowly, no rushing into things now...

this is me so far on conflux II, hope i havent bored you yet, i presume i still have a lot to do...

Last thing, where on earth is a dumb flask to be found?!

Current levels:

Adept Fighter
Adept Ninja
-------------
Adept Wizard

Health : 295
Stamina : 102
Mana : 67
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

O.O Wow... nicely trained char you have.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Amazing that you haven't died yet Sera! I still suggest using more characters, as there is just a crazy amount of items to carry. Finding the flask isn't easy. The place where you can get it isn't far away from the start, you will be told there what you need. Good luck with Conflux... There still is a LOT to discover.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

interesting diary! keep going!
BTW: the worst thing in Conflux I had was to get out from Moria labirynth
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Interesting! thank you for sharing.
I'm suprised you didn't die... yet.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah Zyx, she had the nerve to say something like "damn you Zyx, thought this would be hard" or something - we were chatting in MSN at the time and it was me who linked her to Conflux when I found out she hadn't played it yet.
Keep going Sera, there's about seven or eight different endings I think. The place is frigging HUGE. Loads of palces and mobs and items and traps and puzzles...sooooo many hints to write about everything ;). Oh and KEYS. There are so many frigging KEYS, arrrrggghhh...
I might re-download it tomorrow (lost it before, a few months ago, due to hard drive reformat - don't worry Zyx I didn't delete it through sheer irritation or anything ;)) and have another go. I'll probably just take those first four characters...who is it, Leif, Iaido, whoever the Wizzy dude is (can only remember Boris, Chani, and Gando and I know they're further in), and Zed.
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Actually, Gando is the guide of the Wizard guild. Sera told me she finally found the flask - congratulations on that Sera!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Conflux, easy to get to the the first five levels easily, harder without dying, harder still to do so with a flask! : )
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

hehe, ameena, tis true about what i said, but i have had a few toughies, but its not enough to bring me down, ill expect more from zyx's little creation, just dont disappoint me ;)

expect the next day of my diary a little later today, in a about 2 - 3 hours
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

DAY 2...

things are pretty much looking down right now, i forgot where i found the scroll for the flask quest, but it didnt take long before i managed to remember, i placed down my 3 items, and thoughht where was it at first, then looked around a bit, found it in a nearby alcove, lovely...

after recieving the long awaited flask, it was time to start making my potions, i started off by making stamina potions, which were a pain anyway, but eventually got them going nicely after a couple of levels, i kept going non stop until i reached adept with the rest of the skills, took long enough, then went back to exploring...

i came across a little alcove that i never even seen before, filled with nice stuff, at the bottom of the pile that is, i started taking stuff off, the next thing i know the doors in the alcove were starting to close on me, one of zyx's little traps, but this wasnt stopping me from getting all the stuff... i managed to grab everything, and thanks to the flask, i managed to heal myslelf, i probably wouldnt have made t out with everything without it, so it was a good thing i found the flask first...

i took a look at what i have, all seemed like junk after what i already have, but took it back to my outpost in the champion room, i used a monk staff i found in the pile on the door to progress through, good thing? i found a fountain, bad, i found a caoutl to fight, but just hacked away with the waraxe, defeating it with impunity, and to my suprise, it drops a flask, joy filled me, as flasks are one of my key items of survival, so 2 of them were a treat...

i progressed on and into the dungeons, i came across a Pit D, funny enough is that i decided to jump down, but that was one deep ass fall, lost 344HP, which thankfully i had more, otherwise thatd kill me for the first time x.x...

a heavy fall, and only 1/5 health left, i used the flasks to heal up, and next thing i find is a green dragon things were going to get interesting, i hit a heavy 195 on the dragon, but it countered with 205, fair enough, so i just retreated a little, then charged back... thump, i managed to kill it, still had a decent amount of hp left, which was good, so i picked up the steaks and a winged key, buti didnt use it... instead i went up some stairs in the opposite direction to where i found the dragon, fun enough is that i came across somewhere near the circus... then next thing i see is an oversized scorpion... nice try zyx, but your poor scorpion never stood a chance, even with his pre-emptive attack, as well as the earlier ones in the ven egg chambers... i looked around a bit more after, only to find something i didnt expect...

i came across the dark counciller, i dont know if i was meant to just yet, but i had a few minutes with him, my axe was doing nothing, so i just went to punching, i earnt a ninja level as well as a wizard level, but i was deciding this wasnt going anywhere so went back, and use the wing key, leading me to the familiar stairs of ashes... eventually i returned to the temple, and then back to the outpost... i felt i had enough for now, still havent died... thankfully...

Current levels:

LO Master Fighter
LO Master Ninja
Expert Priest
UM Master Wizard

Health : 534
Stamina : 220
Mana : 175
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

That's quite impressive Sera. I am quite surprised that you have the space to carry enough items with you, and even more surprised you still didn't die yet. Well, the next release of Conflux will have an option for uber-gamers like you and Adamo... :wink:
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

as long as it involves picking hissssa for an initial char, them im all claws for it
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You're way too powerful for so early in the game! This is one of those dungeons that's more enjoyable *without* training, trust me...
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I am afraid not... It only makes the game still harder (and I will certainly not use that options since the game is already almost too hard for me). Well, I'm not very good at games anyway (or anything else, but that is a different matter).
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

gambit, some words of notice, what else can you expect from this dragon eh? its my style to be a powerful dungeoneer, need to let zyx know that its gonna take more than a bunch of venomous ambushes to take me down...

besides, didnt you complain once that conflux was too easy? i think youve dug yourself into a hole there hun ;P
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Somone needs to develop a dungeon in which Evil creatures (TM) will try to storm good creatures' castle/keep/dungeon and kill the king/prince/mage/knight/princess/elves/fairies...

That would be a good challange for a dragon
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Something like Tower Defense Suule? That would be hard, probably impossible in DM (though I am not sure how far the mystical powers of DSAs reach...)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hmmm, I don't recall ever saying Conflux was easy. I just think it's much more enjoyable if *played* rather than blasted through. Same goes for most dungeons realy, but I guess that's the difference between my style and yours.

I confess, I don't really understand the "training mentality". If a dungeon is well designed with a well thought out progressive level of difficulty, training should be unnecessary. I find training makes any dungeon tiresome and boring.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

/agree Gambit. I can never be arsed (and never have been) to just stand in one spot chucking spells or swinging swords at nothing. It's boooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrinnnnggg. The only time I trained a skill was in DM when I was on, like, level 9 or something and they had bog all Ninja skills so I just grabbed a boulder and kept chucking that till they were high enough that it went to the next square so I'd have to step forward to pick it up again, then switched to next person and did the same. Got 'em up to about Journeyman that way and it took about a minute or so. That's about the most training I've ever done. Anyway, also as Gambit said, if a dungeon starts low and ends high and has a gradual increase between those two points, you shouldn't need to train 'cause new stuff should be pitched around your level when you find it.
On Master

Post by Suule »

Trantor wrote:Something like Tower Defense Suule? That would be hard, probably impossible in DM (though I am not sure how far the mystical powers of DSAs reach...)
More likely, you select 4 evil champions and take on a quest to defeat the icky good!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I've got a small area of my current dungeon (one of the few parts actually realised in the flesh) where evil creatures are storming the keep or an evil creature - does that count?

Conflux is easy to level up in, so yeah, I think the fun is taking it as it comes

Try the malificent guild without training too much - that's some fun there!
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

oh no gambit and ameena, all these levels (except priest) were done whilst progressing through conflux, because yes, doing it with nothing around is boring, but can be worth it sometimes, for example, i had to train the wizzy spell a little to start casting fireballs
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*hehe* for next version
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

right, this is becoming too much of a joke, i much have killed about a few hundred gigglers now, and apparently i see them everywhere, zyx, that the heck is going on, please tell me, i cant take to see another giggler or even hear one for that matter -.-
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

Solution for gigglers - take the stuff from your hands and go on them Bruce Lee style.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I had a go at Sera's game, and there really are dozens of gigglers. I never encountered so many of them when playing Conflux myself - a bug maybe?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

yes. fixed for next version. I told Sera how to get rid of it
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

bug .. uh huh.. suuuuuuure!. (more likley some bizzare psychological warefare born of ZYX's evil mind and now he's trying to cover up) :shock:

;)

moo
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

Day 3 and 4

Another day in conflux, seems normal, but things got a bit interesting when i poked around again, first i started by going to the council, i jumped down the pit where requests and such are placed, found a load of scrolls, with a giggler,just did the usual and took him out, then looked throught the scrolls... circus prizes... but none were numbered 99, so i just left, foud a couple of invisible walls on the way, room of illusions, i suspected the pit to the left of it was not real, so i went over it and pulled the switch, fun, then went back out...

caoutls greeted me outside, so i disposed of them, then went downstairs.... came across another caoutl, did the usual routine of disposal... but this was no ordinary one... at first i suspected it easy, but this one had a huge amount of hp... i was eventually empty on the food and water bar, so i resorted to stamina potions,, which were annoying, after over 100 EE fireballs the caoutl was dead... never again do i want another high hp monster...

i continued on... looked around, found nothing of interest... so i went back out, found myself in the circus... gigglers... looked like i was trapped with pits constantly chasing me... didnt know what tyo do at first, but my hp was too high to just deplete just like that... eventually i found a little clue, letters on the wall, spelling a familiar chaos strikes back spell, did it, then i looked around, wondering where this was supposed to be thrown, but i just took a guess and threw it to the grey lord lookalike across the pit, seemed like i did it,which was fun... left and returned to the base of mine...

i chose to look around the dwarven fort this time, and accidently went into a pit... i really need to slow down... i came to this area i never knew of, i ased trantor where i was... it was moria... a huge maze like place that he was stuck in for 3 days... i wasnt looking forward to it... i wandered around inside, picking up whetever i found... then i came back to the start where i first arrived.... it was full of antmen... and a demon... i took care of some of the antmen, until the demon came, i was forced to retreat after losing mana... but my way out was blocked by pits... i didnt know what to do... but i continued to fight... i soon realised this demon had an incredible amount of hp... so i battled it for a whole hour... clicking attack and filling health and stamina potions constantly due to losing all my food and water... i couldnt believe what happened next... trantor told me the demon is unkillable... meaning i spent a whole hour fighting for nothing.... of course i was pissed off, the retreated down the pit... only to get lost for another hour in moria...

this was becoming stupid... i had no food and no water... i couldnt find a way out... i came across a giggler holding his so called 'precious'... its mine now... MY precious! no one will take it from me!

i continued on in the maze... i eventually came across a riddle about something that can break the best swords and chainmails, but can never defeat a club... didnt know. so ignored it and went around more.... finally, i found out... asnd quickly went down a pit which returned me to the stairs of ashes, i knew where to return to base from there... but then i went back to moria, collecting everything else that i didnt have room for... but i knew the way out, so i was there for about 5 minutes... i came across smaug though... defeated him.. and got the first piece of the dragon armor... the dragon greaves...

back at base... i unloaded and returned to the council... seems like i ran into a great tribunal, was tried... i was led to a chest containing a crown, sceptre, and sword... i read the scrolls, and decided to leave the crown in the alcove... was right first time.. lucky me... then came to a room where i had to press holes... first one i touched? got hit by a fireball dealing around 500... still lived though... i pressed another... found ashes, went to 2 more sides of the room and got ashes the first time, then the last one i heard 2 clicks then one with ashes... went down... cog knights... not good... and was trapped in a corner... i resorted to punching and surviving on potions... i managed to kill 1 group of the 2 to free myself... i openned a door and got the stuff from the alcoves quickly, then ran out, realised i was teleported to base...

i refreshed, unloaded, and went back again... tried the tribunal again... did the same... the ashes were already done, so i went down... didnt jump into the same place though.... looks like i had a council audience, so i followed the path, an d down a few pits, found myself in the council hall, tons of vexirks... i simply fireballed... picked up their keys... and got to the council guy... said i killed the council.... that means another quest complete... i took the key and left... and returned to base...

i did the usual back there and returned to the council... i still needed to find the prize 99... eventually... trantor said to look carefully in the circus... and... i just thought wtf... an alcove in the coor... how mad can you get zyx.... found the prize... went back home... ill have a rest for the night... tomorrow we will do this over again, see whats in store next in zyx's little twitsted creation...

still havent died once yet...

Current levels :

ON Master Fighter
UM Master Ninja
ON Master Priest
PAL Master Wizard

Health : 762
Stamina : 351
Mana : 278
dungeon.master
Artisan

Post by dungeon.master »