"Hello" and Conflux III Questions *Spoilers*

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ssskel
DMwiki contributor

Post by Ssskel »

Hi everybody, I'm new here.
A week ago, if somebody had told me I'd play DM again, I would have laughed in his face... but hey who knows what website your eyes might fall upon...
Well anyway, here I am, rusted as ever...
I started with conflux 3 and I probably died a 100 times already :\
It's tough but really awesome. Great job !

I'd like some help with a few beginner levels things I can't figure out...

1- M I P S : still can't figure it out even with the hints. I don't even know what a actuon is :) I somehow remember a M.I.P.S on a wall above an arrow though in a game... I'm not even sure it was DM... maybe EOB ?
The "cast your influence" hint rings a bell but it seems the spell has changed... no ? I've tried all possible combos and I can't find it which means I need to get the scroll 1st ?

2- Same level : near the "fountain that triggers rocks", you have a teleporter, traps and a door... can it be solved right away without any items or anything else ?

3- Any other hint about the Door of answers ? anything to do with foutain of ignorance ? I can see what's behind so I wish I could open it :)

4- Any hint for the Wizard & Priest riddles ? Will I know right away if I find the items in the dungeon ?

As a non native english person, riddles are quite tough. I tried the oracle too, it doesn't help a lot.

Thanks guys !
Ssskel
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1. MIPS - might, influence, power, ...umm, i forget what s is, but i reckon you'll get it if you have the first lot done

2. The only thing you might need if you take a while to solve it is being provided close by!

3. Yes, it's exactly to do with the fountain of ignorance - if you foudn the fountain of wisdom earlier you might have another hint.

4. You won't know right away if you find the correct answer, more likely you would guess the answer then go 'aha, i need to find that'. I guarantee you have at least one item of the of the wizard answer type in your possession already , and you will find, on the levels you are currently on, a few of the priest answer types (though it's harder to find five)

Hints:
Think 'quill' for what is used on he wizard item
think 'natural' for a box without a lid, or whatevre the riddle is
Ssskel
DMwiki contributor

Post by Ssskel »

Hi Guys,
I'm back with questions. I'm still very early in the game (I don't play a lot) and at the point where I can get 3 out of 4 guild masters. BTW, I took zed & syra.
Here are my questions :

1- Is the blank scroll with nothing on it useful ? If yes, for what ?

2- What's the repository ? Are you supposed to solve enigmas in there ?

3- Again 2 difficult riddles for me for the 2 doors at the dwarf level (one says "crooked teeth" and downstairs the one mentions "little strengh and made for the door"). Please help.

4- Bleeding kipper > vecna : will I get later what the bleeding kipper is ?

5- It's too late for me but how do you get 2 staves & 2 corbums at the beginning ? Just would like to know. I haven't found how you can do it.

6- 1 2 3 4... Are you just supposed to walk on them ? I think I did it in order but maybe not... So am I done now ? Is it impossible to do this ? Is it about the fireworks door ? I also saw 1 2 3 4 in dangerous places but so what ?

7- Upstairs at the beginning, you can find a ring (zap something I think). Is it worth doing ? Is that ring special ?

8- I first started with the 4 basic characters but I quickly started again with only 2 to be able to get additionnal interesting characters. So what charasters are interesting because there's something special to do with them ? From the annals, it seems all guildmasters, Nabi, Stamm, Sonja, Chani ?? Any other ?

9- Just some feedback, I think looking for the spells was very boring trying all possible options... You should have a file for people who want to use it listing all spells enabled from the start and just put ??? for the ones you have to discover in the game.

10- BTW I often have "unlimited teleportation" error message. Any ideas how to fiw ?

I think that's it for now. Please not too many enigmas, I don't have much time to play.

Thanks,

Ssskel
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Regarding point number nine - I seem to recall that there is a file about spells that comes with the Conflux download. It doesn't list spells but it describes the properties of the various runes and stuff, so you could probably work out some spells from this...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

1- Is the blank scroll with nothing on it useful ? If yes, for what ?
It is not useful, just furniture

3- Again 2 difficult riddles for me for the 2 doors at the dwarf level (one says "crooked teeth" and downstairs the one mentions "little strengh and made for the door"). Please help.
little strength is just the emerald key I believe

4- Bleeding kipper > vecna : will I get later what the bleeding kipper is ?
Red herring - ie it is a false clue

5- It's too late for me but how do you get 2 staves & 2 corbums at the beginning ? Just would like to know. I haven't found how you can do it.
Look at previous threads, possibly in the general archive now

6- 1 2 3 4... Are you just supposed to walk on them ? I think I did it in order but maybe not... So am I done now ? Is it impossible to do this ? Is it about the fireworks door ? I also saw 1 2 3 4 in dangerous places but so what ?
You have to walk on them in order, and it solves a major puzzle - but then youhave to figure out where that puzle has opened (you will know it when you find it, as the numbers one two three four appear on the wall)

7- Upstairs at the beginning, you can find a ring (zap something I think). Is it worth doing ? Is that ring special ?
The ring is just special because it fires lightning

8- I first started with the 4 basic characters but I quickly started again with only 2 to be able to get additionnal interesting characters. So what charasters are interesting because there's something special to do with them ? From the annals, it seems all guildmasters, Nabi, Stamm, Sonja, Chani ?? Any other ?
All have something to do with them, half the fun is discovering for yourself

9- Just some feedback, I think looking for the spells was very boring trying all possible options... You should have a file for people who want to use it listing all spells enabled from the start and just put ??? for the ones you have to discover in the game.
Umm, part of the fun of conflux is rediccovering all the spells...havign a list of all the spells, everyone would look at it, and be 'ok, i can heal' from the start ...boring. Some spells are locked anyway so you NEED to find the scroll to unlock them
Ssskel
DMwiki contributor

Post by Ssskel »

Hi, thanks.

6- I found the room with 1 2 3 4... BUt there's nothing in that area. Thus it means I didn't do it in the proper order. So my question remains the same : is it impossible to do it once you haven't stepped in the right order ? (is it stepping or do you have to put stuff on it ?)

9- It's funny cuz I completely disagrees. Looking for combinations is completely unuseful & way boring in my opinion. Locking spells was smart, and in that case, you just release the unlocked ones. That's why in all rpg games you have a spell name to click on, not a combination.

Any other help anybody ?

Ssskel
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No, you won't see the 1 2 3 4 unless you did it in the proper order - look harder

I did not say look for combination, i was thinking more play without then til you get given them. The healing spell you can find pretty quickly, but forces a more careful approach until then i think, the lack of fireball means you use other spells, etc.

But looking at combinations logically was also half the fun of DM... you get told the ful is fire, ir lets components fly...who didn't try the fireball earlier than they were given it, etc
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

6. Stepping on them in order is fine, you don't have to leave items there. IF you did it right and find the room with 1 2 3 4, look for an illusionary wall.

8. The guildmasters are the most interesting characters since there is an additional ending for each of them.