Well Of Fortune (only for testing) - CSBwin

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Well Of Fortune (only for testing) - CSBwin

Post by Zed5Duke »

Its dungeon for CSBwin.
Soon it should be playable. I want hear few opinions before relase full version.

Download: NEW Updated

Well Of Fortune
Last edited by Zed5Duke on Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Had a quick look, will play in more detail later. 1st impressions are a good sense of story, and the new starting graphics were pretty cool too. One thing I don't really like in dungeons is being forced to pick a character, but thats just me!
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

I too just had a quick blast (after watching Italy v Germany) but will definitely play more later as it's rather intriguing, and a refreshingly different start. After exploring with Zed for a while and only meeting one monster (Tiamat!) whilst almost running out of light, I did find a hall of champions of sorts where you can add one character. I chose Natasha the Chaos Sorcerer. She's got a nice fat 90 mana but only 10 wisdom so will take forever to restore mana after casting. Zed too has dodgy stats. Guess these will need tweaking. I also got a strange screen on exit. Here's a screenshot

http://www.sholing.force9.co.uk/wierdexit.gif
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

That looks about like what the Atari 2600 would do if you turned it on without a cartridge in it. :roll:
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I think this screen start broken when i changed graphics and now am not sure how fix it.

Already dungeons are empty without monsters, you can only test some riddles. Inside troublemakers prison is one, when you solve it you can get some extra keys and clue for another riddle which tell where is hidden equipment. So perceive and wisdom person should get full equiped team. You can even join princess Slivia which is mentioned around.

I must fix and add many things. One of my idea about developement is to create many small dungeons inside one realm and relase them as minidungeons. It will grown and some day contain several of them. Then i just join every into one big labirynth. So there will be many alternate entrances into small adventures. After some time rebuild into one big dungeon.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Happens also for me , when I extract graphic.dat :
the ending scroll gets garbled graphics
(although looking quite ok when it is extracted
(like the normally mixed up colours).

Two other graphics are
strange looking:
dmout548.bmp
dmout538.bmp
I know there is an additional graphic field for csb graphic.dat
(hero stat clickable to enter champion inventory).

Anyway, maybe you can mend the garbled ending scroll graphic
(dmout005.bmp) by replacing it with csb graphic dat file,
not from dm graphic dat file. Anyone help here?

Concerning dungeon>
not bad, sometimes funny.
as said monsters would give a more party like atmosphere in
the dungeon and you would not feel so alone ;)

when you reincarnate Zed, you turn the 10 vitality stat, etc,
in 30+ stats. But I did not want to train to being able to
survive the pit, so I ressurected :)
The minimal stats for dm were
25 health and about 20 stamina or so.
str. etc go not lower than 30 I think

Anyway , have to check your dungeon out a bit more, did not
test it to the end.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Just quickly looking now, two comments though - a config.txt file in the download would be a good idea, and also you might want to shield a certain teleporter.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I changed design, so future relase will be totally different
-starting area is much larger and you may select few champions
-new portraits and clothes (depend on character appearance)
-typical level size will be small 12x12 but 10-20 levels deep
- 4-8 different dungeons in one realm, first enter well and there select labirynth you want explore. I will relase many small/medium adventures into one realm and some day join them together into big dungeon
-typical level design is to build first: quick labirynth, second: riddles like keys/ pressure pad and clues to them on scrolls, thrid: enemies and traps

Anyway i think about system to collect money in dungeons, and possibility to buy something.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

another cool dungeon is coming! :D
hey Zed Duke, keep up the good work, but I can say from my own experience, that designing dungeon later is much harder was expected on the beginning.
A couple of my advices:
- change as much graphic bitmaps as you can (even thou they`re in 16 colours only),
- make a dungeon rather intensive and non-linear than extensive and linear (but it depends, wchich "school" you like more - DM or CSB one),
- take use of allready existing DSAs (they`re on the "CSBwin forum ready to use, so you don`t have to write yours),
you better make a main estabilishments on the beginning not to loose yourself later,
- make only few levels (5 or 6 for example), it`ll be ok, and finishing a big dungeon is a pain,
-pay attention for bugs while designing, so you don`t have to debug a lot later

well, that would be all. I wish you luck, patience and a looooot of free time! ;)

Beo`s jumpsite to the old DSA threads:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=25391
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Thanx for advice.

Already i dont used any DSA, need some experience with that.
And you are right better is made small complete dungeon instead of planing big thing. Thats why am changed concept anyway. Now i try build many small instead of one big.

I updated download (look in first post) There you can see some new features like portraits & clothes and new dungeon design style.
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

Liked the portraits and armour. Promising puzzle work - I got suckered by the "sui" and just had to press the "hell" button. Now I know not to use green gems! I suggest you go ahead and build a complete adventure. It will take time, lots of time....
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Ok i finished new portraits & clothes part.

Champion professions will mean thier experience (so Chaos Sorcier should have mostly mage exp, Templars: warrior and priest, Temple Robber mostly ninja) and equipment. Probably dungeons will be empty so chose wisely team and items they have. Some of them may be quest items so only few peoples may reach some area. That system will made dungeon replayable- when you select new team you will find new possibilities in the same area. Its only concept already byt i like that idea. Priests of Moonlight should have for example Water Gems (used fo open doors or disarm fire traps)
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

Zed5Duke, its only just clicked that the Zed in your avatar doesnt have a moustache!!! Truly terrifying.

Ive d/loaded your dungeon and ill give it a bash in a couple of days :D Looking forward to it!
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

There is now a newer one on the other thread...knew I should have archived this one (its still linked in the list)
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Should i give link to old demo version? First relased was probably v1.10 and was much different from v1.20 because i changed concept rebuild all dungeon.

Already i work on WOF2 but am not sure about give any demos, because i still change concepts.

Features: some new or fixed graphics, less experienced champions on start, big deadly labirynth to explore. I want made extremly high dificulty.

Progress: starting area (hall of champions) much less heroes but better balanced and some interesting details around.