Conflux Challenge

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Link updated.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

EDIT : Up to 120 now...

TODO :
1 POINT:
for each air-rune activated scroll (I have 3)
for each flask (I have 4)
for each funereal weapon (I have 6)
Win the circus prize 99 (?)
3 POINTS:
For each cerberus (I have 3)
for each piece of the dragon armour (I have 4)
*get the burning whip of the Balrog* Not able to do ! (Bug)
5 POINTS:
Get a FIERY cerberus
15 POINTS: 4 GUILD ENDINGS
Not able to do ! (4 guides)
Last edited by Joramun on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What Is Your Quest ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Edit: 170 for me

TODO:

-get funereal thorn (1 pt)
-get more flasks and air-rune activate scrolls (1 pt each; i think i only have 4 flasks and 3 scrolls :cry: )
Last edited by Inanity on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

updated
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

So I was wrong... there are at least 125 points available without taking a guild leader. Looks like the maximum possible number of points is probably 170 (edit - I was wrong again,, unless I missed a scroll, or more flasks, or something (edit: I did).
Last edited by Inanity on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Yes, if there wasn't the balrog bug, I could get 11~12 points more from all the quests I have to do yet. So it gets to at least 125.

I'm not sure I can find more than 3 Cerberi or 1 point items, though.
And I don't remember if I got circus prize 99 or not...

Complex as Conflux is, there is probably a way to do one of the guild ending without the guild leader, and therefore get all points from Conflux :D
What Is Your Quest ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Yeah, maybe.

As for the balrog bug - we should just assume you have those points.

And circus prize 99 - you should have a scroll somewhere saying circus prize 99, if you found it.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Well, since I'm here with my list, let's see:

Running counts:
Teleport Scrolls: 5
Flasks: 5
Funereal Weapons: 7
Cerberi: 3

To do:
Fiery Cerberus
Find a cure for the curse of the Darc Armor

Total so far: 170 points.

Darn, it goes so much faster when I'm not trying to put all these points in the same saved game! (which is possible, by the way, I'm just not going to bother anymore.)
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

That's more scrolls and funereals than I thought there were. Makes the total maximum possible points at least 174...

What's your seventh funereal? I have dagger, rapier, ring, ring, axe, mace
Darn, it goes so much faster when I'm not trying to put all these points in the same saved game! (which is possible, by the way, I'm just not going to bother anymore.)
You mean you've patched your total together from various savegames? I don't think that counts.

If it's possible to get more than 175 points in a single savegame I'd be curious about that...
Last edited by Inanity on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

I have at least two funereal rings...
What Is Your Quest ?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Is the one ring funereal? I forget
Edit: Oh, it is, I guess I have 6 funereals then...
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Seventh is a thorn. As for all the points having to be in the same saved game, I don't know. Then it is probably not possible to get the points for all four guild endings, which is kind of silly. What does Zyx say?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Yes, it must be the same savegame, so only 3 guild endings are available.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

I don't remember fighting the thorn-spitting dragon in this game.. can you get to him from sudden death? spider level?
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

My message dissapeared. Oh well, I'll post a new one. The thorn dragon is a unique looking, yellow dragon. It's located on the spider level. I believe you get the Furx or Dragon Helm from it
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

No, I have both those. Furx comes from under Druafang, maybe close to the dragon. Dragon helm, could be same place as Furx, or maybe that skeleton at druafang's tomb?
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

I take it that means you are referring to a different thorn dragon then? The one under Drufang is the only one I know of.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

No, I'm thinking I forgot to trigger something to meet him this time because I don't remember fighting him.,

edit: And I'm pretty sure that's where the funereal thorn comes from.

Edit: Wrong again! I must have killed the thorn dragon after all because I found a huge pile of thorns in that area on the spider level. Don't know where the funereal thorn comes from, but I'm suspecting Moria now. I can still hear things moving down there.
Last edited by Inanity on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Here's an update of Zeddy's (yes, I named him Zeddy) run, which is now, as far as I'm concerned, complete.

Running counts:
Teleport Scrolls: 5
Flasks: 5
Funereal Weapons: 7
Cerberi: 3

To do:
Find a cure for the curse of the Darc Armor. (not possible with this savegame)

Grand Total: 175 points. This is all in one saved game. So Zyx, you can consider this my final entry in the Conflux challenge.

Maybe one day I'll start a new game with Gando, Chani, Nabi and Halk to see if I can discover more secrets and wrap up the loose ends. Or maybe with the maleficient guild, if I'm feeling real masochistic.

To anyone who feels they can top my score, I say good luck, and more power to you if you do. And if you want to enter a speed run, I feel the lost wand is a quick and easy five points, just saying. :)
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

I can't beat that, unless you missed some stuff. You have 2 more scrolls, 1 more flask and the funereal thorn, plus one point I can't account for.

Zyx can you confirm 175 is the best score possible?
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

What do you mean "one point" you "can't account for"?
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Well I have 170 points and you have 175, but 2 scrolls + 1 funereal + 1 llask adds up to 4 points. 175-170=5. 5-4 = 1 point I can't account for.
Parallax
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

Oh, that. If you take the point list for the challenge and add your points based on everything you did you will end up with 171. The conflux scroll misses one point. It's a known bug but I have no idea which actual point is not given out. Maybe it has even been fixed already. If it makes you feel better, my scroll says 174, even though I have all my points documented (i.e. I know where each point-giving item is, it's not just an aggregate score.) And no, I'm not going through the entire dungeon again in the bugfix version just to make the 175 100% truly honest-to-goodness official.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

lol I don't think anyone would have expected you to do that, unless you expected to count 175 points over someone else's 174 when both scrolls said 174. In a competition everyone should be scored on the same benchmark, which obviously should be what the scroll says, in this case. Forget about adding up all your points manually; that's what the scroll's for - not that I give a damn about 1 point one way or the other but for the purposes of the competition you have 174 points. Bugs that affect everyone equally can be ignored. In special cases when there are bugs that affect particular people (as in Joramun's case with the balrog), adjustments can be made by Zyx to the score displayed by the scroll.
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

While on vacation in Florida this holliday, I found Conflux IIIg on my patrents' computer and played for awhile. I love the bugs in this version, especially the Stone Golems bashing you to different levels entirely (I was able to find and kill the unique beholder, a unique floating head that shoots lightning and poison, underwater level with no water, cursed armory, upper armory [can't escape from it] to name a few). I also located which thorn is the funereal thorn, nice to know you can eventually do more then throw it. It is not from a dragon. It is definately something for someone to try for if they are doing the five point rush. That and the dagger are easy points.
Last edited by Christopher on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Thanks for the post! It's been a while - there doesn't seem to be anyone playing Conflux anymore at the moment. But I might just load it up and look around for that thorn...
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

I'd play it if I had my own computer to download it on. Can't really do much from the school computer and I don't want to download anything to my landlord's laptop. That's what's keeping me from playing Conflux and other custom dungeons at the moment. I wish it were different though because I really want to try the five point rush. I know of six points I can get fairly easily, and if I can ever find the lost wand (was hinted at that it is only found early in the game) it will be an easy five.
While on vacation I was able to get the first cursed character to a decent amount of HP. I found the biggest problem with him is that he gets overweight too easily, something I dislike more then the slow heal rate. Also nice to find a bone doll. Some year I'll be able to see if a bone golem is possible to make.
Edit: It's a six point rush.
Inanity
Craftsman

Post by Inanity »

Damn, you need a computer! Any old piece of crap will do...
Christopher wrote: I found the biggest problem with him is that he gets overweight too easily,
Yeah, you gotta ration food to him or he'll eat everything, the fat bastard :P

Hmmm... I'm sure there must be a way of playing it portably. Do you have a USB stick? You could keep everything on that I bet, and just plug it in your landlord's laptop (and even the school computers) when you want to play, and everything would be kept on the stick. Even if you don't have one already, they're pretty cheap at your local computer shack. You don't need a big one... 1GB is way more than enough - I'm sure 256Mb would even do it with plenty of room to spare.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Unless it's changed in later editions, the bone golem is nothing special
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

That USB stick sounds interesting, I'll have to look into that. I wish any old piece of crap would do because then I'd just play conflux on my apple IIgs. I want to buy a laptop but even used ones are a bit expensive and I've got crappy luck when it comes to laptops anyway (though that might change now that I'm out of the navy). I guess the best thing to do is to search for one after christmas. That'll put the X-box 360 I want on hold for a while longer.