Conflux Walkthrough / hint book

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

We should eventually add the area(somewhere) and add
the riddles , solutions and rewards.

Also, Antman , your name ought to be mentioned at the
dmwiki´s main page!!

Is there a good way to train ninja levels?
Spoiler
the crystal blade needs for being effective a high ninja level.
hmm. I will try the sudden death area, and hope this
gargoyle creature is invincible!! Good would be some
area, where you are being attacked , get a high xp modifier
and don´t take too much damage.Or at least a creature you
can scare away and train at!I would use gauntlets, and
maybe some items for throwing..:roll:
any suggestions?
Zyx, there is a spelling error in the mophus level. on the staircase
which leads to the muncher area,(when you enter the level
from the staircases go to the left)
it says something, I forgot.
and it has french spelling, double "n".
I hope you will find it.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I knew that sooner or later, the players would report the bugs in riddle, in revenge.
Fixed. ("poisonned")
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Bugs and typos in riddles and texts? I wouldn't open that kettle of fish, a lot of them are cool and atmospheric anyway.

I trained pretty much solely from punching golems I think, then jumping down pits when I became high enough level.

Anyway, I updated the maps with some riddle answers and most of the character specific text I found except anything to do with Beowuuf as I lost the Beobow, sorry Beowuuf!! Also, put in lots of stuff in the unique items page and the locked spell locations on the spell page.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Wow. Lots of nice stuff added to the wiki.
I know that it is hard work. Thanks.

I think Zyx is far in front of us. I have
added some new capabilities to CSBwin that
are going to make our job much harder when
he releases ConfluxIV. It is 'us' against 'him'
and we will need all the tools we can create
to make this an even contest.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

True, well, here's one ultimate spoiler/bug to help us, until it's fixed anyway. I was keeping this one under wraps so I could use it in future versions, it works in Bugfix4, but I'm heading away to a new job on Monday and I'm not sure what my internet availability will be. This is mainly exploiting engine bugs rather than Conflux bugs I think.

This is complicated but here goes:
1. Start a new game.
2. Move to the guild area, choose a character you do not wish to use to actually play the game, ensure all his/her items are dropped on the ground and save in all slots, a couple are for backups.
3. Set up a game so that as soon as it is loaded, you throw a ven egg or cast a GOR VEN spell in front of a portrait and be killed whilst in it and save as slot 1.
4. Use this game (slot 1) to kill yourself while in a portrait, you will die.
5. Now when you reload, select slot 2.
6. Now this game should be a bit messed up. Right click and the portrait options should appear, click cancel.
7. Now select a new champion and ressurrect, this should wipe your original character, drop the new character's items, failing to do this will permanently destroy the items!, and save as slot 2.
8. Now repeat steps 4 to 7 with all characters, although it will be necessary to mission it down to the lower levels for the guild riddle items. The very last character you do this with will be the character you keep for the rest of the game, so ensure you know which character you want to use before hand.
9. Don't forget the malefficient guild and the crypt characters and maybe LOR if you know how to get him! (I don't) And grab all the items lying around. Watch if you drop Beowuuf's stuff directly below his portrait, it may be randomly teleported into the middle of the Crypt or nearby. It happened to me anyway.

Steps 10 onwards are for a guru character.

10. Train up the character you have chosen on the spider level or some other deep level, the guild area should be completely opened up allowing you to advance to any level, you should level up quite fast, get to around adept or less in everything, save in slot 2.
11. Now do steps 4 and 5 and now instead of clicking cancel when you right click after loading, click reincarnate and your levels will be wiped while still retaining all the gains in stats you have made, such as health, stamina, mana and strength dex etc.
12. Now repeat steps 10 and 11 until you have awesome stats such as 999 hit points stamina and mana and 150 dex str or whatever. Remember that you can do this any time you like as long as you keep a copy of your slot 1 game somewhere.
13. Now head to the nearest beholder in either the Tower of Mampang or Halk's and Gothmog's endings, for some sweet super speed.

Notes: The game will often crash at steps 5, 6, 7 and 11 but works at least %70 of the time so just keep trying.
You can now get an extra 15 competition points by doing all four guild endings!
Conflux will not let you reload a game, after dying, which has not come from the same root game, which is why the backups might be necessary.
For some reason once you have done all this you also appear to level up much faster.

I'm sure I'll regret this if I'm ever playing Conflux IV. It's been great playing this game so big thanks to you Zyx and of course Paul!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Antman wrote:except anything to do with Beowuuf as I lost the Beobow, sorry Beowuuf!!
:(
Paul Stevens wrote:I think Zyx is far in front of us. I have
added some new capabilities to CSBwin that
are going to make our job much harder when
he releases ConfluxIV. It is 'us' against 'him'
and we will need all the tools we can create
to make this an even contest.
If it's any consolation, I have doen a few clues in the updated character background file of conflux. If no one finds certain items after a few weeks / months of the release, I can add by spoiler knowledge to the wiki in spoiler sections for the items to show where certain items now are
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

beowuuf wrote:I have doen a few clues....If no one finds certain items after a few weeks / months
If this is 'insider' information then I hope
you are very careful with it.
There is nothing wrong with leaving things
to be discovered after *YEARS*.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It is indeed insider information, although in some cases I have been given a vague 'beside' location

And given I have beenm unable to input my normal information, I think there is obviously a build in safety with me sharing anything too much :D