CSBWIN: Towers of Chaos 3.2

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

CSBWIN: Towers of Chaos 3.2

Post by PaulH »

I have done what will probably be the final update to this dungeon - basically just a few tweaks, clean ups etc but there is a special quest and a couple of new areas plus the new forest area.

Could an Encyclopaedia mod add it to the site? The last update doesn't seem to be there so there is a whole new version with new graphics etc missing (this would of course replace it). I need to email to somone!

Thanks

Paul

EDIT: Get here!

http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/1251
Last edited by PaulH on Fri May 29, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: CSBWIN: Towers of Chaos 3.2

Post by beowuuf »

I can add it as a new reference, but not edit the original i'm afraid

i can put your dungeon up in the meantime on my own space if you want!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

PaulH I have enabled your account on the Encyclopaedia so that you can make the updates yourself. You should have received an email with account activation instructions.
Tell me if you have any trouble logging in or posting.

Beowuuf, if you want to help with the custom dungeons section, I can give you special permissions to modify all custom dungeon pages. You would be able to update all entries to make them up to date and also create pages for all dungeons that are not yet referenced on the Encyclopaedia. I have wanted to do this for a long time but I never have enough free time to do that.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Thanks Christophe and Beo, site updated and ready to download!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I'll certainly check this out - one day... Paul, how is Hand of Destiny coming along?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

It's plodding on! The revisions to ToC have refreshed a few things. I particularly like the forest areas in ToC now.
FulBroKu
Neophyte

Post by FulBroKu »

Hi everybody!

Nice game so far, but I can not find the B-key to reach to blue gem. I think, i found one earlier and used it next to the market place?

Has someone a clue?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

The room in the wild wood is the only lock operated by a key of B ;-). You probably used an iron key before.

Anyway, the Key of B or whatever I called it lol is on the fortress ground floor. You need to find a button to pen a new section.
Chernabog
Neophyte

Post by Chernabog »

Hi There,

I have DM and CSB for Pocket PC and as they are using CSBWIN, I guess I can also use this custom dungeon as well?

I have downloaded the latest version of TOC and notice that the files in the RAR also include CSBwin.exe ... I guess if I just replace this with the Pocket PC CSBwinCE2002.exe it will run on my pocket PC?

Thanks.

C.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I have no idea! Worth a try!
Chernabog
Neophyte

Post by Chernabog »

I tried it ... and it seems to be working :)

Thanks for the swift reply !

Regards,

C.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Hope you enjoy the dungeon.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Hi Paul! Is the Encyclopedia version of ToC the newest one (v3.2)? If not, where can I download the newest ToC version? (I`m not sure if I write in a proper place; I only took links from the "list of custom dungeons" thread).

=> I entered a "list of custom dungeons" at the "custom dungeon" forum and I downloaded ToC from the Encyclopedia site: http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/1251 . Encyclopedia says it`s ToC v3.2. But it`s descripted as v3.1 in readme file. The game (help/game version) says it`s v3.0. The "I`m ready, master" screen says it`s 3.1.

=> this link: http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 31&t=25377 from the "list of custom dungeons" leads to a thread which has a download link ( http://hometown.aol.com/Supersonic525/tower3.1.rar ) to v3.1, which appears to be dead.

=> in the second post of this thread: http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=23971 there`s a link, leading to Paul Steven`s site ("3D2D1D_Description"), which says it contains old version of ToC (v3.0). The version from Paul Steven`s site is older from the version from Encyclopedia and probably needs an update - no doubt it`s v3.0: site says it`s v3.0, so as "readme" and help/game version says. The "I`m ready, master" screen also says it`s v3.0.

=> while playing v3.0?/v3.1?/v3.2? (version taken from Encyclopedia),
Spoiler
I found BCD STAMM, wchich has max stats (900/900/900/222/222/222/222) and a loads of ingame (I suppose) stuff, like gems, keys, etc.; is that proper or was this guy used by Paul to test a game and wasn`t removed from the game by mistake?
So it seems both Encyclopedia and Paul Steven`s ToC links needs (?) to be updated. Also Paul H`s (Supersonic) link seems to be dead. Ency says late last updated was on 2009, May 29. What I suggested with, was the "I`m ready, master" screen, wchich says it`s v3.1. If it`s v3.2, then it`s OK.

EDIT:
I said I`m not sure if I write in a proper place; I only took links from the "list of custom dungeons" thread. After some search, I found a "proper" ToC v3.2 thread, which is not linked in the "list of custom dungeons" thread; post moved. Somebody should add a link tho this thread in the "list of custom dungeon" section as it`s the "newest version" thread (there are links to old v3.0 and v3.1 threads, but there is no link to this v3.2 thread).
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I've linked this latest thread. I am assuming the link is to 3.2, since the encyloopaedia page was created for version 3.2, despite any readme and screen version notes to the contrary.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Random question, but did t\he background noises in the forest (wind and crickets) come from Crusaders of the Dark Savant?
raixel

Post by raixel »

A not so random question:
Spoiler
What do i do with the eye that has 'surgical precision' written on the wall next to it?
I've thrown everything I can think of at it with an adept level ninja, poked it in the blue spot with a dagger, lockpicked it, thrown spells at it, ect.
Spoiler
I thought maybe I might have to kill the eyes on the other side of the nearby grate to get the grate to open, but I can't get them to come over.
Am I even on the right track? I'm kinda at a loss on what to do here...
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

raixel wrote:A not so random question:
Spoiler
What do i do with the eye that has 'surgical precision' written on the wall next to it?
As far as I know (but Paul might have changed it later), this riddle is not that difficult. What - of the traditional DM objects - could be used to be very precise? You have an eye - and what would you do for the eye to be more precise? Of course, you cannot throw the object on the eye - this would be ridiculous! Just click on the eye with the object.

Spoiler: the answer is
Spoiler
the magnifier
(or was in the version I know).
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Sorry about the wait.

And the confusion: the version on the encclopaedia was the last, 3.2. I have made minor updates in 3.3:

http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/1484

The answer to the puzzle is
Spoiler
th scalpel
Stamm was a hidden test character: you did well to find him, as is quite a convuluted route to get to him lol.

The nosies are indeed from Crusaders.

Paul may have to update his page.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I am stuck (yes already) on the 3ed level where you have a portculis type gate with a pad in front of it and a haze behind it. I know that when you step off the pad to the right that there is another click. Could you tell me how to get through this door please?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

If I am thinking of the same place, throw an item trough the portcullis, then quickly step off the pad.
raixel

Post by raixel »

So would you recommend restarting to 3.3? Or are saves in CSBwin backwards compatible? I love this dungeon, but i've been hammering around in it for a while and don't really want to restart unless the playing experience of the new version would be worth it.

Crusaders = one of the best CRPGS ever. It's too bad in that lame CD version they removed the wandering NPC truce/barter feature, as that was really really innovative back when I first played it.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Paul H

Thanks for clue. I was actually trying to do what you suggested but wasn't obviously moving out of the way quick enough.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

3.3 is only very slightly different, just cleaned up some graphical glitches and sounds.

All info is contained in the save, so it will not load the new dungeon.