Imprisoned Again (personal walk-through and comments)

Custom dungeons for CSBWin. Includes all Confux 2 and 3 discussions.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
HJP
Apprentice

Imprisoned Again (personal walk-through and comments)

Post by HJP »

[NOTE: This post was split from the Dragon Plate CSB thread.]

THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS TO THE GAME ITSELF

The actual game is downloadable here

(This story is written "as I play" so somewhat boring on some sections. You have been warned.)

So, it is time for Imprisoned again. At corridor I looked for champions and secret walls, found only one mirror. My soul stepped into pressure plate on other side of room and could not get back. After some wandering, stairs down and so, my soul was really prisoned forever behind door.

Second try. Re-incarnate that Hawk dude. This "Champion" is really a "master" one. Only equipment is torch. Well, that is more than on CSB. Down the stairs...

There is dark, thanks to torch, there is light. "Death row", yeah, this dungeon kicks ass hard. WC paper dude comes, I kicked him and got Square key. Cast some 1. level light, this master is so stupid that he cannot get even that right.

There seems to be only armored sword dudes on cell row, Death ROW fer sure. finally a cell with more bog roll. Keyhole that accepts Square key...

Those sword bastards come to me! "Flee". No, I want to fight. On a second thought, I'm probably killed with one hit. Flee is good idea, step into teleport.

Again at cell. Suddenly, door opens. More bog roll comes to bash me, with 1 health I bandaged my wounds.

Wrong right left. Take right, nice stuff on cells, no keys. Next some doors, after them a cell with mirror. So I got another character. He had some good skills, Craftsman and such, but awfully poor heatlth, mana and such, so Re-Incarnate.

Back to first door, Screamer (Slices), Cape, Dagger. Great, I was beginning to starve. Next door, teleport. Hmm, maybe next...

More food and a corridor. Now both characters are Novice ninjas and Green one is also Neophyte Wizard. I need some fighting weapons fast, and some water too. To the corridor. Door needs Skeleton key, so back. Torture Chamber, here I come...

I decided to burn paper with torches, but that idiotic stealer come into my way. So kicking again. And some Slices for food. Another door with torturing equipment, we're there. When entering, some asshole casts poison cloud into that chamber. Torturing yes. With inventory full of food and no other places to go, I take teleport.

Lock that takes something, I do not have it, stairs up. There...

Hall of champions, jiihaa! With some keys also and from Bone dude I got Falchion and Wooden shield. I decided to Re-Incarnate Paul the Creator and Sonja She Devil.

Back to downstairs, now I have Gold key, more bog roll bash and teleport back to previous place. Skeleton key...

More Bog roll for WC, I'm really beginning to run out on water.

Stairs up. "Chambers for the guardian", No. Kitchen, yes. Food, two waterskins, flask. Excellent. Water supply is here. Now those guardian dudes.

After some serious punishment, I managed to kill all rock piles and such. I also decided that one character is enough, so other three got "accidentially" killed. I just do not like this "Party playing".

Well, I can always use Altar if I want those three back. Now, Green one continues alone.

The Bathroom, time to drop Radio on bath with water and such. Two empty mirros and Gem of ages. Continue to Armor Rack. This seems to be pretty straightforward fighting, at least for now so no fight reports. Weapon rack gave nice weapons. Then opened door "Cpt Oknard" with Solid key. Behind door some stupid asshole casts poison clouds even door is closed. That asshole is killed, scroll says something like "prisoners escaped" and such.

Next corridor has some kind on Junction of the Ways. I take "Rasmus the Warlord" stairs and except fighting. Closed door chopped to pieces, two worms also. After some worm fighting, door. Bash it. Second one, third one, fourth one, fifth, well, 4 Bone dudes, shit! Well, they had no match for me. Stairs up, blue dudes with wooden clubs.

Behind door, scroll that reads only one word, Battlefield. Cool. More blue dudes. After stepping over corridor, I was teleported one time farther and my back was 4 more. Also, there was a floor dust thing, without Vorpal blade I just had to cast it away. SAR shield was lying on the floor. Next up, in front wooden door, left metallic door and room full of blue dudes behind it. Zo spell does not open metallic door. So I hack wooden to pieces.

Yeah, teleport. Pretty hard to guess where it takes you? Luckily, that metallic door cannot stop daggers, poison darts or poison clouds. So after few spells, there was not much killing left. Pretty unfair, but I'm unfair player. Step into teleport (got into battlefield) and continue.

Some hidden pits and flying green dragons. After some fighting, I dropped back to Battlefield. With more Floor dusts and poor casting skills, I decided to get back to "JOW" until I get more mana or Vorpal blade. Next up "ninja" path "Danevar the Assassin".

Long corridor, I get back to start. Casting Zo Kath Ra spell, I manage to find out where "turner" or "teleport" is, and get through. Spiral rounded corridor ends, stairs up and a button in the wall, press it. It opens like "shortcut. Stairs up, more Blue club dudes and Floor dust again. OK, now some puzzle.

"The range", it seems that I have to throw 4 items very far. So some Strength potions and throw. Get through next room with tons of coin holes and doors. Doors cannot be opened with chop, blast or Zo. I do not have any coins either. May have missed something. So, back to "JOW", this time "priest way", "Valerian the Archbishop".

Strange mechanism throws tons of poison clouds to me and against my opponents too. Upstairs two holes on a wall, alcove with key. Take RA key, Poison clouds, no worries BUT some flood dust block my way. So some spellcasting and lock accepts key.

"Corridor of evil" says Scroll. Tons of Floor dusts and I'm still missing Vorpal blade. Yew Staff has Dispel, but uses charges. That corridor casts tons of poison clouds but manage to get through. Stairs up.

This problem is same as on CSB, except different enemies. Blow horn and force 4 Bone dudes behind doors. Finally got chest and stairs up.

Hmm, magical door, behind it a Forest dude, button behind me. Press it. Casts poison clouds against Forest dude. Hey! I want to kill him myself! Four presses later, he dies. And door opens. Stairs up once again. During exploring I had some Mail-armour and Elven boots. Axe is still my primary weapon altough I also have Repier.

Scorpion problems. First had to be hacked down, others were behind a pit, so simply cast some poison clouds. After fighting, door and there says "Scroll from XX says something about keys of each towers". It was only said once and during fight had little time to read it, wanted to get that twice. Button in the wall, open it. Three doors closed and pressure plate on middle of the room. Also empty waterskin and flask. Step plate. Teleport to the beginning. It seems that is the "way out", but first other three towers. Next I try again that Fighter way.

(after exploring previous areas)

"The Arena", and some plate armour in front of it. All right. There seem to be Black dogs behind metallic doors, two come at me immediately. Well, after those two got punished, first one in cell receives some poison cloud to breathe. Next one, oh shit, button in floor. Some cells open, I presume all. First rule in these kind on situations: avoid attack from all sides. So I fortify in one cell, poison cloud+chop+melee+healing potion keeps me alive. Open lock with key and next area.

"The art of war. Surprise by Sun Tsu". Some kind of surprise to come. OK, first some preparation. Strength to 130, Wisdom to 125. 6.th level fireball ready. An intersection. Hell! 3 scorpions teleports on all available sides. Rule 1 in these situations: concentrate on one and kill it. Yeah, melee+fireball blasts killed forward one and two others were easy, one by one.

Continue journey, Scorpion teleported in front of me and another in my back. Same as before, melee+fireball blasts killed first and another had no chance alone.

Two doors, no buttons but doors seem to be breakable. Take right one. Short corridor with an intersection. No hard to guess that 4 scorpions teleport on all ways. Melee+fireball again, but hell, there is an axe on sideway. I want to get it so fight again. Aah, Executioner. Executioner kicks ass hard way. And more fighting of course.

Door again and the text: "The scroll of Oknard says something about a key in each tower". Strange, I do not have any keys. Looks like the same place as previous time, but now there is teleport on pressure plate. And stairs up.

Stone dude with Stone club, Executioner does systematic job. 3 doors. I take one that has bones in front of it. "The Matrix", and some armored dudes. After exploring some time, I got Poleyn of RA and Diamond edge. Goodbye to Axe. After seeing Chaos face, I decided to retreat and teleport back to JOW to rearrange my items. I take that fighter path again, I want to see what is behind another door. 5 doors bashed, and still door.

Scorpion and, Onyx key, yeah! I think I found first major key.

Try that Matrix again. Almost immediately I found that I was searching, Vorpal Blade! Continued fighting gainst those two sword dudes, then I found corridor they cannot come away from. Invisible wall or something. 8 hacked to pieces, systematic execution. That Matrix was really painful, full of teleports and no compass. Found 2 buttons that seemed to do anything, RA helmet and flask. I take second door. Walk through fake walls without compass, pass it, next door...

Ultra-durable screamer punched to slices. Forward/right. Take right. Forward/left, forward. "A guard made of stone sealed behind five walls holds the key". OK. Back to intersection and left. There becomes some nonmaterial black scumheads that throw fireballs, Disruptor Pulse Launcher finally comes in handy. More black scumheads and fireball blaster on the wall. Short corridors forward and left. First forward and an alcove, Dragon Fang! Now I just need a dragon.

Now left, some armour and Chaos face. Normal preparing first of course. Plate of RA and no trap of any kind. Back and now forward on first intersection. Necklace lying on the floor, this smells like a trap, but go for it. It was a trap. Managed to kill some black scumheads and bone dudes before retreating. After that finish job. Next false wall thingie with compass I managed to get. Boots of speed and RA shield. And button. Now what? Hmm, exiting to hall with three doors, on left is one wall disappeared. Examine this area more carefully. On "trap" room, there is another button that does not seem to do anyting. Well, three more walls disappeared. One left. After extensive searching around, managed to found fifth button at fireball blaster area. Behind door, Stone golem who gives Master key when asking nicely. Open that Master key lock, lots of spiders come, got blasted. There are 4 doors with same texts as on "JOW", 3 doors that still needs keys.

So, I keep Onyx key try that priest area next. Only alive thing is small spellcaster behind metallic door I cannot open. Previously pressed button that opened pit below him. Well, One night with you and you've got me Poisoned. Floor down to see what he had. Tourqoise key! Excellent.

To "JOW" again, now "Nicademus the Curt mage". "Three teleport puzzle". Trial-error way sent me past metallic door. Some basic fighting. A pit with door behind it. Zo spell? I accidentially fired fireball that blasted door. Well, throwing star through it and pit disapears. Another door. Bash it, no, fireball no, take throwing star from your back, yes. Floor dusts and flying vampires attack. And huge row of teleports. First I decide to cheeck rest of the room, there is door. Behind it flying vampire drops, Vorpal Blade! Too bad Ialready have one. Stairs up and chaos face immediately. Next room has three teleports and pit, behind it stealer. Poison him. Immediately behind pit there appear three green trolls and flying dragon comes to me. Poison them all. Those geen dudes seem to be poison resistant so crush your enemies, set them on fire and watch them, suffer. Pit disappears. However, I do know that stepping on that plate opens pit again. So just grab all stuff. Still, I want that potion so...

So what? I take potion and nothing happens. Take next door, kill stealer. A corridor, a coin slot, no coins. Another stealer, he had Gor coin. Door opens, stairs up. "Cast your influence, cast your might". Pit, teleport and magical door. Sounds familiar, but I have bad memory. Firts try fireball. Zo? Well, Zo Kath Ra. Yeah, wall on my right opens. Stairs up and a corridor. Corridor gives another Moonstone, I already have one so stairs up.

Couple of spellcasters and chaos face again. Of yeah, holes in the wall ready to fire something, hidden pits force me to go line of fire. Poor fireballs make almost no damage. Right side first. A door, with no key. So left. Black dog again, and Key of B. Door opens. Stairs up. Pit area with lots of one eyed levitators. Press button, one pit disappers. But no place to go. And other pits seem to be real. Take shorter pit row on left and step into it. Back to fireball launcher area. Back up. This area is starting to piss me off. Just one button, no fake pits. Just drop into them one by one. That is useless, so I try to fall down fake pits. Left side takes me back to "Cast your...", right side well, same corridor that gave me another Moonstone. Back up. This sucks! Thow items to darkness, nothing. Try to think as a creator. Pressing button, one pit was removed, not first time to cast poison clouds through door. So just try and cast poison to darkness.

And it worked. Pit closed and forward. "Embermages task" scroll, behind door again those one eyed leviators, poison of course, nothing this time. Continue journey. Behind corner, level ends. So back. Another door has a button, Zo this time. Well, nothing happens. Try to cast Zo Kath Ra's, no. Open that another door with Zo, no. Practice and cast tons of fireballs, ah, that did it. Secret button on wall opened another room with button. Ruby key is MINE!

My inventory is "full" so I decided to put those three keys on locks before teleporting back to "JOW". I have left small part of "ninja" way.

That "coin slot" room was hard. Then I noticed false wall and gigglers who carried tons of coins. Trial-error put right coins to right slots and stairs up. Some scremers again. Then text "Run and run". Eh? Corridor, with some kind on launchers. So run like hell, in hell, the deadly race begins. I hear ticks, something may be coming. Teleports in the corners, so run through it. Got couple of hits from big fireballs finally but healing potions saved. Then stairs up and teleport named "shortcut back". I take stairs. Again, false wall maze. I hate these. Managed to find Mirror of dawn. Too much stuff in inventory. Some kind on eye in the wall. That ate my mirror. Great. Passageway open.

Again some maze with pits, false pits and pressure plates. Managed to find way ot of tower. However, I was still missing key. Back to that shortcut teleport. Got Boots of speed I already had. Back to false wall maze, nothing new there. Now what? Lower levels explored, back to the pit maze. Wandering around for 15 minutes and some droppings also, I accidentially falled a pit when coming once again there from false wall maze. There is ashes and Emerald key (I put it right onto lock so I cannot be sure what it was). What the hell kind of problem is that? No clues that you should drop right from there? Well, actually I was beginning to map that false wall maze open pits and see what actually may lead to somewhere else. Anyway, that problem was stupid and almost ruined otherwise awesome experience.

OK, time for the 4 secondary towers. First some preparing as usual.

First I take Rasmus the Warlord. Metallic door, "Stand and fight". Fight what? Demon on other side of door. Go backwards. Empty room, another one and giant spider whacked. empty room, another, stuff in front of me and on left and right giant spiders in cell. Well, it is really sadistic to cast poison clouds and watch those suffer.

Grab the stuff Doors open and three more giant spiders come. They have no chance. The stuff? Plate armour and Dragon fang. Useless. Back to demon.

That idiot does not realise what Stand and Fight means. He comes to me and is very hearty. Finally he is down, I got Corbum and Powertowers.

Next one, Valerian the Archbishop. Pit area with black nonmaterial scumbags. Press button, pit disappears, kill one spider behind pit with poison cloud, door opens. Another spider, behind door, a demon. "There will be no healing for you when I'm done", true, when I'M DONE.

Got another Corbum and a flask. Next Danevar the Assassin. Another Pit puzzle, quite easy though. Then pits moving around (opening and closing CW). Easy run through. "Come in, I'm waiting for you". Demon gets another asskicking. Only one problem, to get that door open. Well, false wall and button solves it. Got Boots of speed, Dexhelm and Cloak of night.

Nicademus the court mage remaining. First part easy. Cast poison clouds to three spiders behind pits. Press three buttons. Huge amount of black nonmaterial scumbags on corridor. And demon, of course. "You are no wizard and so you die". This time door opening in firewall way. Got Serpent staff, Corbum and Crown of Neta.

4 Corbums, now what? Maybe that door behind "JOW". Nasty surprise when trying to get back to teleport. Huge amount of armored dudes and those scumbags. But we're there.

"Only the council may enter my throne room". That hole seems to accept Gem, but try Corbum. Accepted. More corridor with Dragon helm and spellcaster. Corbum and same and Dragon grave. Another Corbum and Dragon Poleyn. Final corbum and ...

Room with Dragon plate, teleport and text "Step inside, take a ride".

A ride yeah. Around me, 4 doors open and 2 dragons attack. They are slashed with my Dragon fang. Winged key opens door with strange scroll inside. Back to that later. Three closed doors and dragons assumed to be behind them. Killed all and got following items: Mirror of Dawn, Magnifier, Rabbits foot and Boots of speed. Now for that scroll. 4 mirrors and scroll says

Show me
Details
Power
Infinity
Luck

Luck = Rabbits foot I think, it was. Then Infinity. Mirror of Dawn of course. Power, hmm, Powertowers or Boots of speed. Try boots. No, Powertowers? No. Well, there is nothing else here than these items, Magnifier is details of course. So power? Zo Kath Ra. That did it. Magnifier detailed and...

...Opens a corridor. After that, stairs. Stairs up, demons and spellcasters. Hey, Lord chaos himself! Well, he cannot be killed so I just Cleave him with Vorpal Blade, he is suffering some damage. That does not seem to work and I cannot se any doors or anything else passageways so Into-the-pit, Into the pit. There is a dragon. Kill him. Nothing still, so back up and seach. Nothing. Drop again and more dragons. Kill them and there it is, THE Firestaff! Are you ready for fucking crash dungeon? ....... ...... Wellcome to your death!

Now, first finish those minors and let tough guys talk. Surrounding with Fluxcages and Fuse. That did it! Who said nuclear power is dangerous?

One Champion managed to escape. Final stats (starting stats).

Health 726 (77)
Stamina 641 (66)
Mana 262 (22)

3 Master Fighter
1 Master Ninja
3 Master Priest
4 Master Wizard

Strength 70 (48)
Dexterity 74 (57)
Wisdom 72 (50)
Vitality 53 (42)
Anti-Magic 59 (43)
Anti-Fire 52 (42)

Other three, well, they just did not make it. Unfortunately, these things happen in jail breaks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Imprisoned Again (personal walk-through and comments)

Post by beowuuf »

Interesting to see the thought process as someone plays. And lol, as long as someone survives to the end, right? :)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Hee hee, good story, HJP! Imprisoned Again is also my favourite dungeon, so I enjoyed reading your text. Finding the fourth key to the upper parts of the towers was really painful, for me too - it took me ages to find that you must climb down one of the pits (I found it only by a coincidence). And I also didn't know where to put the four corbums, and I was running through the dungeon for some time, and only after half an hour or so I realised that the solution was so near... :roll:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
HJP
Apprentice

Post by HJP »

Jan wrote:Hee hee, good story, HJP! Imprisoned Again is also my favourite dungeon, so I enjoyed reading your text. Finding the fourth key to the upper parts of the towers was really painful, for me too - it took me ages to find that you must climb down one of the pits (I found it only by a coincidence). And I also didn't know where to put the four corbums, and I was running through the dungeon for some time, and only after half an hour or so I realised that the solution was so near... :roll:
Yeah, that fourth key was annoying and it took a while. And yes, by accident.

Corbums were no problem. When first time opened that door on "JOW", I noticed door and hole on a wall. However, I thought it would require gems, not corbums. But it was always on my mind and I had not any gems so that was not problem compared to pit puzzle :mrgreen:

Thanks for comments, I think I take little break again. RTC seems to be interesting and I think some day I play some custom dungeons with it.