Daft Dungeon Ideas

Links to all custom dungeons. Also discussions about custom dungeons: tips and tricks, questions, ideas, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Des
Um Master

Daft Dungeon Ideas

Post by Des »

Come on, 'fess up folks. Have you ever had a really crap idea for custom dungeon?

I had one recently, this being "The Screamers Strike Back". The scenario is as follows:

The Screamers' union, fed up with having sand kicked in their faces by both adventurers and more powerful monsters alike have decided to exact revenge. To this end, their leader Arthur Squeakgill has created some genetically modified anthropomorphic screamers, four of which will be sent on a hit and *ahem* run mission. The player gets to choose from Simon the Screamer, Susan the Screamer, Sean the Screamer, Selena the Screamer, Eric the half-a-screamer (had an accident) etc.

Their mission is to visit various human strongholds and wreak havoc. These would be totally anachronistic so one level could be say, the British Houses of Parliament where they would have to do battle with dangereous beasts such as John Prescott and Anne Widdicombe. Another level could be Camelot where foes would include King Arthur, the Knights Who Say Ni, the Vorpal Bunny etc. The conduits to these human places would contain normal dungeon monsters who naturally would be hoping for a screamer slice or two for lunch.

The climax to the dungeon would be on about level 7 or so (under Union regulations screamers are not required to venture lower) when our heroes gatecrash the DM 20th anniversary party. Their goal being to exact the ultimate revenge on all dungeon designers, by killing them and eating their remains. When the last Doug Bell slice is eaten the game ends, as does the DM Universe. Then the Grey Lord appears and recreates it, and as a punishment sentences the screamers to be killed over and over by zero-level adventurers for all eternity.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Words fail me...mostly because I am singing Eric the half a bee song in my best cleese voice ; )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

This is fabuloous! Make it so!
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

These are the kind of things I love. 10 points out of 10 from me!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Cyril Connelly?
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Who is he?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I believe he is the chap mentioned in the lyrics to "Eric the Half a Bee" when Michael Palin mis-hears them singing "Semi carnally"...
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

ah thanks.I'm afraid it doesn't ring a bell.
I read sth. like that when googling for Cyril Connelly, but I don't know what is it all about , so nevermind. I should get to watch
Eric the Half a Bee .. don't know if Des has intentionally or accidentially put the Half a Screamer into his post?
I imagined the half-a-screamer an screamer with a screamer slice missing.. literally
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Pretty sure Des was being deliberate -- which is why Beo commented on it and I followed up.... us Brits have to stick together, right? ;-)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Daft Dungeon Ideas

Post by Sophia »

Des wrote:Have you ever had a really crap idea for custom dungeon?
Me? Never? :lol:

No, seriously, my stupid idea was something called "Food Fight," where all of the weapons are edible and given attack methods. You can stab with corn, apples explode, and so on.

Perhaps the plot would be something like the screamers, worms, rats, hell hounds, and dragons decide to band together and attack the land...
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

A fun idea. Perhaps it could be used in a sort of Howgarts scenario, in which young would-be adventurers attend Dungeon School. There they use the magic food to practice with and it all gets out of hand one day with a mass fight in the dining hall. The ringleaders (the party) are then suspended from the school and have to do a mighty quest in order to get reinstated....
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Or some kind of spell cocks up and turns the whole school into some kind of giant deathtrap, populated by such things as mutated teachers and gigantic death hamsters, from which you must then escape :D.
DMwiki contributor

Post by Parallax »

I have a lot of daft dungeon ideas. Maybe one day you'll get to see them all gathered in one single dungeon. That is, if I ever finish it...
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

I was thinking of doing some sort of Knight-Orc rip-off, where you'd replace the bitmaps for the baddies with bitmaps of adventurers, and you'd just be a trolin and his mates.

Or perhaps I'd finally write that quest where you are the actual dungeon builders who are fed-up, unpaid, double crossed and looking for revenge - obviously lots of push-block puzzles and the obligatory union-member dwarf foreman.

And cheers, I've got Monty Python in my head too as well now!
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
MitchB1990
Artisan

Post by MitchB1990 »

Monty Python is sweet, they got the Flying Circus on at around 10:30 now where I live.
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

I might treat myself to the film boxset... hmmm, perhaps we should have more killer bunny rabbits in dungeons... imagine that as a final boss! ;)
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

approximately a year ago, i planned to make a little 'Munchkin" dungeon with the same naive pencil style as found in the SJ card game.
for people who didn't know this amazing card game, here are a few scans :
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

I must say, Mr.Bones is absolutely terrifying!

As for bad dungeon ideas, I was going to do an Arena of Death with super-charged heroes, your enemies....................Why floating David Brent heads of course!

I managed to import the bitmaps and everything, but I had a moment of realisation where I literally said "What the f+++ am I doing", and erased The Arena of Death, and all those David Brents, to the recycle bin.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles