Choose your own Adventure!

Links to all custom dungeons. Also discussions about custom dungeons: tips and tricks, questions, ideas, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

Which book should I create in RTC?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:18 pm

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
50%
Island of the Lizard King
17%
Scorpion Swamp
33%

Total votes: 12

Trantor
Duke of Banville

Re: Choose your own Adventure!

Post by Trantor »

Having found out about those game books only recently, I remember starting Island of the Lizard King, but not venturing far. I never looked into the other ones, so I am not eligible to vote.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

For those claiming no knowledge: I posted links in the first post that give you some background on each book. That was to help you decide on which you'd like to see, from a scenario point of view -- you don't have to know anything about the actual original adventures to vote.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Judging from the info on Wikipedia, I'd say the following:

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain:
Sounds like a fairly classic dungeon crawl. This would probably be the one closest to original DM.

Island of the Lizard King:
This seems to be the most epic in terms of plot. An outdoor scenario and several NPCs would add complexity and make it feel different from classic DM.

Scorpion Swamp:
This one seems to be the most open of the three scenarios, with the option to complete different missions. This would probably make for quite some replay value. The swamp scenario would feel fresh because it is outdoors, but would probably convey some sort of darkness and claustrophobia, more than the scenario of Island of the Lizard King.

From the little info I gathered, I'd say go for Scorpion Swamp. The scenario would be a good compromise of something fresh and new while retaining some of the suspense of the dungeon-crawling of DM. Also, different paths and replay value are always great in my mind.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Cool, nice assessment! I agree completely.

Of course, whichever is the one that I go for, it doesn't mean the others can't be done at a later date... :-)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Okey dokey, the poll ended and Warlock of Firetop Mountain is the winner!

Right, how the feck do I do all the encounters in RTC..... ;-)
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

use bugs!
one of the greatest moments of my recompilation:
i have a save file of csb where just the worms of the beginning are killed and the party waits at a pit.
i load it for testing - a lil wizard appears, throws a fireball - BOOM - over! :D
Another bug created speed worms! you could run for your life, they were immediately after you and did bite without hesitation. ;)
Duckman
Adept

Post by Duckman »

Bit wrote:use bugs!
one of the greatest moments of my recompilation:
i have a save file of csb where just the worms of the beginning are killed and the party waits at a pit.
i load it for testing - a lil wizard appears, throws a fireball - BOOM - over! :D
Another bug created speed worms! you could run for your life, they were immediately after you and did bite without hesitation. ;)
Sounds good!
I don't post anymore for reasons real-life.