'Activated items'

Links to all custom dungeons. Also discussions about custom dungeons: tips and tricks, questions, ideas, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Mindstone
Adept

'Activated items'

Post by Mindstone »

Hey all

I am designing a new dungeon with lots of powerful, but limited use arcane weapons. These can change as the game progresses, gaining and losing abilities.

Some of them will need to be 'activated' by fulfilling certain mini-quests.

For instance, a sword with a core of fire can be 'activated' into a full on flaming brand of doom by poking it into the fires of an altar!

However is it possible to do all this within the scope of the RTC game editor?

Effectively the formula would be - put inactive sword into place X, replace inactive sword with active sword with X charges, when used revert back to regular sword.
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: 'Activated items'

Post by Ameena »

I suppose you could have the "active" version of the sword hidden in some inaccessible square sitting on top of an item teleporter which points at the altar, and set it to activate when the "dormant" version of the sword is placed on there (set it to destroy the "dormant" version or something at the same time). Not sure how you'd do the "replace with dormant version when the charges run out", though...not sure how charges on items work but maybe you could see how it's done with Fury or the lightning one (Storm Blade?) and then just copy that :).
High Lord

Re: 'Activated items'

Post by Saumun »

Set your trigger to activate an action with global swap from basic sword to enhanced sword.
You can set the enhanced sword to change back to the basic sword when the charge is used.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon