Baby Screamers

Chat about anything not fitting into the other categories.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

Re: Baby Screamers

Post by Zyx »

Unless you practice bonzai techniques, that is.

My baby screamer was upgraded to Lord Chaos in only 23 months. Happily touching every wonder the world has to offer, in particular the computer of daddy, in particular the shiny brighty lighty glowing shutdown button. (don't expect any update of conflux soon). I couldn't find any firestaff strong enough to fluxcage him, so we're entering the negociations era.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

As OhBrother said, Cows, very cute! :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yes, ms grabby hands here likes to touch anything and everything. She has a variety of toys that are authorized, but really it's not as much fun as our items which cause us to yelp and run around when they are touched. :P It's a lucky thing she's cute.. it's the baby defence mechanism :P
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Growing ever more.. Children are that one thing that can both drive you insane and make you feel like the luckiest person in the world.. with only seconds apart.. I can't even count the number of times I'd given her trouble only to be confronted with a cute response that just manages to tilt my ire towards glee..

After her continual growth in verbal communication (she speaks half french and half english.. whichever word is easier to say she adopts, but usually understands both) she has managed to cause some of the most hillarious moments. Things like "Katja, what does a cow say?" "Mooolalaaa" (apparently a french cow). Or when she was on a stint of only repeating the last part of a word and I said "Katja, be careful" and she responded "Fool" .. Then there was that time we were listening to music, and then I had to return to work, I told her it was the last song, and when she asked for another I reminder her that no, that was the last one. She looked at me with a stern, but cute, stare, grabbed her drink, and as she hopped off my lap uttered "F@#$!" and left.. I've no idea where she got the word.. but there it was. Or perhaps the time I had her yelling "Cock" repeatedly while pointing to a CAKE .. as people turned and stared at me as I rapidly tried to correct her. We can blame her french word book for that, and the word for rooster..

She's nearly 2 and already very popular, which a bit worrying, as we're asked "Where's your daughter?" and we'll say something like "oh she's at grandma and grandpa's" and we get that very dissapointed look and they express how cute she is and how they love it when she comes in. These people don't know us.. and really don't much care, beyond we have a cute kid :P We've had people cross a good deal of distance just to discuss her.. I'm not an outgoing person.. so, this sudden mass of attention is not my cup of tea. It is on one hand somehow flattering that my genes contributed in some way to this.. but really, if this continues to teens, and she has a mass load of boys asking for her.. I'll need to invest in a salt gun :P

Anyway, you other Dads, I hope your little ones are doing well.. it seems I'm the only one really updating lately :P
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

My darling child has hit me with one of my most favorite quotes to date

To explain a bit.. Katja has been told she needs to ask before touching things that are not hers..

"Look Daddy! the moon! can I touch it?"
"I don't know Katja, let's try.." *lifts her to my shoulders*
"uhhnnn! uhhhnnnnrgghhh! I can't reach it.. hmm.."
"Maybe when you're older.. "
"Yeah.."

I honestly wish I could think like that still.. that the idea of touching the moon just by reaching is a possibility.. and that even if it isn't now, there's still hope for the future. She loves the moon, talks about it any time she see's it, so.. who knows.. maybe she will touch it some day. :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Aw, that's cute :D. And who knows? regular flights to the Moon might well be a thing by the time she's old enough to go on one ;).
Expert

Post by Wizard Zedd »

Kids do say the cutest things. I remember when my daughter was very young and it was really hot and humid outside, we arrived at our destination and upon exiting our air conditioned car, she says "Is it ever human outside". We still say that to this day as our family inside joke :)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

anyone have updates on the kids? I know there were a few other babies around the same time as Katja.. just curious how we're all doing with it, not 4 years later.. :)