Baby Screamers

Chat about anything not fitting into the other categories.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Re: Baby Screamers

Post by cowsmanaut »

Ian, already managed the loss of hair without the kids.. however I am a teacher so I got the head start.. no pun intended..

Jan, it's one of those things.. even if you don't succeed, you have lot's of fun trying.. so that old saying "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" becomes your mantra every time you feel like shaking your baby maker :P (sorry, don't normally talk like this... just feeling silly)

going to go see the peanut with legs today.. (ultrasound) ..
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

We have four children. Two in college. One graduates High School, this year. One in 6th grade.
My hair is prematurely silver/white
Spoiler
(gray, for the snivelers among us :P )
but no empty spots...yet.
"Wuuf's big brother"
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

So, we now know it's a girl and seems all her parts are there.. So we're pretty excited to meet her in September. Decided to name her Katja.

anyway, found this set of quotes you might like.. Several kids were asked what love was, this is what they answered
“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.” – Billy, age 4

“Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.” – Karl, age 5

“Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.” – Chrissy, age 6

“Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.” – Terri, age 4

“Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.” – Danny, age 7

“Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss.” – Emily, age 8

“Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.” – Bobby, age 7

“If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,” – Nikka, age 6

“Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.” – Noelle, age 7

“Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.” – Tommy, age 6

“During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn’t scared anymore.” – Cindy, age 8

“My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don’t see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.” – Clare, age 6

“Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.” – Elaine, age 5

“Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Brad Pitt.” – Chris, age 7

“Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.” – Mary Ann, age 4

“I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.” – Lauren, age 4

“When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.” – Rebecca, age 8

“When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.” – Karen, age 7

“You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.” – Jessica, age 8
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

That's a good news! :D
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
T0Mi
Expert

Post by T0Mi »

Whooo! Another soon-to-become Daddy! :-)
I hope everything will go smoothly and fine. Wobbly legs guaranteed!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I'm happy for you Cows!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

A week to go, and then she's "overdue" whatever that means :P

Seems like Katja doesn't want to come out and play yet, but it's probably partly due to the fact that our environment isn't all that great right now.. there has been a lot going on here in terms of repairs and so on, a number of walls have been taken out and replaced due to mold they found in them from dripping pipes (we found one of our closets soaked a month ago, it was just because it finally gave away, but they say it had been going slowly for years before that)..

Anyway, it's much like watching Aliens.. only in real life. The baby moves and you can REALLY see it go..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7qVJiYBlbo
this is not Sandie.. but it's something like this.. You can sometimes make out the little feet or knees.. we could see her head before but she's in the upside down position preparing for her big day lately.. so we only see feet now.. Fascinating, but kinda freaky too :) I don't know what you other daddies thought about it.. Right now, I'm just ready to meet her in person and try to find the time to hang out with her when I'm not working.

One question though, have any of you tried co-sleeping with baby? Where you let baby sleep with you on the special pillow, rather than in their crib? and how that worked out or didn't?
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

have any of you tried co-sleeping with baby?
Raised four kids that way. The baby gets to
nurse without waking anyone! Quite the way
to go, in my opinion.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

cool! thanks
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

We started co-sleeping too. He felt secure and loved.
After a year, once he was independent enough to sleep alone, he switched to his own bed, but still in our room so he can fee our presence. So far everything good!

Are you father already? If not, sleep, sleep!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

congrats cows! it is freaky to watch them inside the belly. my son had twins just recently and i saw the two of them on the monitor. just amazing how life starts out. they were premature but they are all home and well now. it's so wonderful. all the best to ya cows! hehe, and sleep while you can, hehehehe
keep your gor coin handy
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

so here we are.. at the hospital.. nothing for me to do but wait for pushing time. Mum is trying to sleep before her big moment.. We expect that within 4-6 hrs from now we'll have a baby Girl to show off ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ooooh, i see from Facebook congratulations are now in order! Congratulations new dad!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Oh good luck! I was more tired than my wife by the end of it all :)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Congratulations! :D
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah, forgot the update over here.. She was born, 8.12lbs .. cute as a bug. Mostly quiet and patient.. which is surprising. She also seems able to find her thumb easy enough when the boob is not around.. which is some serious coordination for someone not even a day old. :) Photos will come..
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Congrats cows!! From what I can gather from my friends with kids you have happy times ahead! Happy, sleepless, times.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

here she is
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Woohoo! Congrats to you both. And at 8lb 12, I imagine she made quite an entrance. Hope you have stored up some sleep for the next year or so... ;-)
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

How lovely - wish you wonderful times ahead, Let the universe be kind to her.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Congratulations!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

congrats cows! 8.12 lbs whoa hoho... she is beautiful, is that curls in her hair already
keep your gor coin handy
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yes, there were heavy curls in there that seem to have gone away now.. so not sure what will happen, I have odd hair, mine is straight on the top of my head but curly at the bottom so when I had long hair I had to shave the under part or end up with hair wings :P Sandie's hair creates ringlets just from having a shower.. so I expected curly hair.. we'll see what happens though.

What I didn't expect though was her stormy blue eyes.. the colour of the darkest greyblue clouds.. so facinating.. I'm sure they will change.. but still cool to see at this point.

I must say that a strange sense of completion has come over me the past few days.. The task of making a baby is pretty easy..and well.. it's fun too.. however finding the RIGHT person to make a baby with, at the RIGHT time in your life, is not an easy task. So I'm thinking that maybe that has something to do with that feeling. All I know is that the tiniest smile from her and I feel like I've done something right somehow.. and all other tasks in my life sit behind her needs. :) oh.. and that parenting narcissism that tells me that she's the cutest baby I've ever seen in my life.. which I think stems from the fact that she takes on parts of myself and wraps them in innocence, and incorporates parts of the woman I love deeply to make a complete little person... *sigh*..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Awwww. We have a new dad at our work too, and he probably thinks exactly the same as you :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

...but not in a Canadian accent* ;).

*Unless he is Canadian, of course!* ;)
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Do all Canadians have a Canadian accent?

Are all people with a Canadian accent Canadians?

<disengage little boy mode>
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well it's funny, because most canadians have an accent, but you wouldn't call it a canadian accent.. you might call it, east indian, or chinese, or french, or african, or... (get my point yet?) there are a few actual canadian accents that are unique to canada though, Newfoundland has them and then well french canadians.. but other than that i don't notice anything specific.. instead the rest have a generic north american accent which differs from other engish speakers around the world.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

http://tryingtobegood.com/2012/06/02/an ... parent-10/

The above is an open link to all non parents as well as a good chuckle for us parents. A small slice of parental living :P

As for Katja, being a bit of a baby screamer at the moment.. often due to refusal to sleep, or simply the fact that her first tooth has just begun to break and she's more than a little cranky about it. Though this has been a repeated process for her. She had a molar thinking about coming through a while back but it receeded..

She's a sharp one though, able to work her brain around a number of her toys and certainly learning to manipulate others.. she used the smile to get their attention but discovered it didn't always work, so now she's incorporated the wave.. wait for them to look and........ smile!

She's not a fat baby, though we've tried our best to pack on pounds, she's big though, she's already wearing 18 month clothing and she's 8 months.. and as mentioned above she's been pretty social for some time.. even from 3 months. She's now 8 months and a little bit.

there's the updated image, from the park we went down to.. we'd forgotten her cap, so she got to wear mommies cap instead :)

looking forward to updates from anyone else ? ZYX ? :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

She looks a bit worried about that giant nose that seems to be homing in on her...
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Very cute, it seems kids grow up very fast! (I have no experience, not having kids, nieces, nephews, younger siblings, etc.)