Split comments from Baby Screamers

Chat about anything not fitting into the other categories.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Re: Split comments from Baby Screamers

Post by linflas »

Thanks guys :)
I planed to visit Machu Pichu and other pre columbian places one day, of course with my little family !
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

If you ever go to Cordoba, Argentina, there's a room for you!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

OK it's noted :)
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Congratulations on the baby Linflas, even if it does mean that you can no longer refer to yourself as a geek. :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

So close to your birthday too, that just means people will forget about you :p
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Congratulations Linflas! :D
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok, I see that an update DID in fact happen but that I missed it because it was split off the thread and I'm essentially blind :P

Congrats Linflas for procreating! It has it's moments of joy, and those not so joyful.. but I think they equal out :D
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

thanks ! Yes, you're right about the good and the bad. Being a father is something nobody can be prepared :)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I thought I had it figured out, because I had so much experience baby sitting, and helping with cousins. I'd changed diapers, played, and really in the end that all helped. However, the things we miss because we're not around those children every day, the understanding of how much of us they start to adopt at such an early point, and then by contrast the realization of "My god, I didn't teach them that.. where the hell did that come from??!!" all starts to flow in day after day.. to know children grow fast is one thing, but being beside them as they do it another. Just as it may be fascinating and informative to watch someone strapped to a rocket, but it's nothing like being strapped to the rocket yourself :P
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I imagine being strapped to a rocket would end in a hellish burning oblivion. I'm not sure I'm up for the fatherhood job if that's what it entails! :-P
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

not quite, but it was the most vivid example I could come up with to illustrate the difference between seeing and experiencing. I think the contrast is comparable. Given all I had seen and heard about parenting, and from baby sitting jobs, and helping with baby cousins.. sure I knew how to warm a bottle of milk and change a diaper.. but it's so much more :)

I think there's some sort of physical shift in your body once you see your own child.. perhaps even a body chemistry change. They have shown men to have sympathy cramping and symptoms during their wives pregnancy, and there's even a tribe where the men breast feed. yes, you heard right.. they breast feed. Their little man boobs lactate.. So to me it stands to reason that other changes occur as well. My view of the world has also changed, at least to some degree.. like I'm seeing it anew, through their eyes.. all the wonder and awe, and from the eyes of a protective dad as well, which is a little less fun. "My god, my house is one large death trap.. how am I not dead?" .. (ok, not quite that bad.. but now I'm having a little fun at my own expense :D )