I'm Still Alive

Chat about anything not fitting into the other categories.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

I'm Still Alive

Post by Sera »

Hey guys and whoever is still left here that I remember!

Figured I would drop in and say hi. As how things go, life consumes me full time, but I still remember the old times and making the comics for here. I will continue to be looking back here on the rare occasion, but I don't think I could ever devote myself to doing the old stuff anymore >.<... or maybe I could still make the rare surprise thing! Who knows! =)

Hope things are going well for the rest of ya at least!
Immortal Dungeoneer.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: I'm Still Alive

Post by Ameena »

Heya, yeah, most of us are still here I think :). It's been pretty quiet here lately, though.
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

quiet, yup, usually building a dungeon. when a cool game comes out it also goes quiet.

happy to see a DM back after being a member for a decade. i do believe you'll find some interesting changes since. quote "oh my god, it's full of stars"
keep your gor coin handy
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Still alive here too! Good to see you again Sera, I remember your comics well :)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Hey, I'm still alive too! I've got no time now but I'll definitely be back by the end of this month. Sharpen your sword, Beowuuf, there's going to be a real pirate fight! And you too, Masterwuuf! I'LL BE BACK! :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Alive too! Still a nomad soul, but now in family. I work for Argentinian inventors to get them patents, barely making ends meet but it gives me free time to do happy things. I write some mostly unpublished stuff, I tell stories to 3y or 4y old children once a week, I maintain spiritual quests or personal investigations each week, with two friends I'm (slowly) founding a Foundation for the pursuit of humanistic values. I find time for friends, always for my son and wife, who themselves have time to study, play, chat, learn art, feel well and loved. Still exploring, still struggling against habits, fighting to reclaim time to read long, hard books, and closing the gap towards first success. Unstable health and economics, wonderful intellectual and artistic experiences. Learning, aiming, trying, loving, stumbling, toying, testing. Mood is generally quite good, in spite of days of low energy. Good contact with truth and feelings. And you?
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Noticed the note from Sera. Came on much later and didn't get in on the early adventures of the DM gang (my loss).
Anyway, nice to hear from you Sera. All the best as you travel through the rest of your year.

I'm also 'still alive' and enjoying my own family.

I was finally able to purchase and read the last volume of 'Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever: The Last Chronicles'.
(Don't you hate when a grouping of books comes to an end?)

P.S. Jan: Thanks for the hello. I'll take the chance to say 'hi' to all my DM friends. Great game...great people. L8R
"Wuuf's big brother"
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

it is a pleasure to see you still kicking around Zyx. I hope you have had time to investigate Shamanism, the core of humanistic values. if you have done some investigating and stepped outside the box you're on your way to spiritual freedom. I'm curious as to what you've done since our last chat. I am happy to hear about the family, they are a lot of fun when they're young, until they get to be a teen :o ...... namaste
keep your gor coin handy
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I'm alive and kicking as well.. despite spotty attendance during the recent past, I've resumed my lurking habits and say things when I feel i have something to say of worth.. even if it's rather small :P

Teaching people at a TV studio right now, how to transition to new software.. I'll be back and the University in august preparing for the semester term and teaching some summer school. Also working on a game project (not my own as I should be.. but it's nice to have other pro's to work with for a change) .. I'll also be working on my degree while teaching which should present it's own challenges.. we'll see.

That's about all that's new with me.. My 3 year old is a handfull and will be 4 in september.. so, free time is a foreign concept to me all around.. :)

Anyway, thanks for dropping by and saying hi :)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Alright, the summer holidays started and so I'm completely back. I'm BACK! I'm more back than I've ever been and possibly more back than anyone has been for decades (shut up!). "Back" is my first name. No, it's actually my second name, because my first name is "I'm" (shut up, for Pete's sake, or they'll ban Trantor again) - I'm back. I mean I'm I'm back (shut up or they'll ban YOU!). In other words, I'm back.

But obviously the traffic on the forums is not what it used to be - is Beowuuf alright? :)

Anyway, because it's summer holidays, I decided to do what I've been planning to do for some time now - reply my two most favourite games again. And, surprisingly, these two games are DM and CSB. I haven't played them for a couple of years now so I'm looking forward to it. :mrgreen: It's going to be like the old days. It'll be a solo run of course with the old (sorry, Sophia) good (you see!) reincarnated (don't know what to say) Chani first in DM and then in CSB, and using the CSBWin engine of course.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!