DM A1200

Chat about new breakthroughs in technology and science. Or even about cool stuff that happened in the past...
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dayday2008
Journeyman

DM A1200

Post by dayday2008 »

I have recently bought DM for my Amiga 1200 but it wont load past the title screen (total bummer!) please help me!
Revolutionary Greetings!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi, welcome to the forum. New blood! :-)

My memory of such things is hazy, but I believe the original game doesn't work on the A1200 unless you boot into legacy mode, or use ReloKick.

Booting into legacy mode can be achieved by holding down both mouse buttons while the computer is rebooting (turn off and on again). You'll get a menu of options, choose kickstart or workbench 1.3 and the OCS chip set. Even if you get the legacy mode to come up I'm not entirely sure that DM works under it though. :-(

Doing this from very old memories so this might be a bit wrong! Probably google is your friend...
dayday2008
Journeyman

Post by dayday2008 »

thanks for the reply I'll rush off and try that now.
I dont have a PC at home, I use my freind's, but hopefully I'll be back soon.
Later.
Revolutionary Greetings!
dayday2008
Journeyman

Post by dayday2008 »

I still havn't got DM running on my A1200 yet :cry: I am relying on a copy of Relokick 1.4, which hasn't arrived yet, damn ebay,paypal and postal service :x
Does anyone else remember playing DM on A1200? will Relokick help me or should I not get my hopes up? :?
I have also ordered a complete set of workbench disks with manual, will these be of any use?
Revolutionary Greetings!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Relokick definitely makes DM work on an A1200 -- I used to play it this way. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you receive it soon! :)
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

There have been many versions of DM for Amiga.
I think the earlier versions did not work great with later amigas like the 1200. I think DM version 3.6, the latest version, should work fine on the 1200? You could try it by downloading the ADF disk image, transfering it to your Amiga and then using a tool to write the image back to a floppy disk.
dayday2008
Journeyman

Post by dayday2008 »

Good news! I got Relokick, finally, and it works :D thanks for your help :)
I was not aware that there are different versions, if I wanted to purchase an original copy how would I tell them apart?
With the game I have now, at the top corner of the save game menu it reads 'v2.2'. Does this represent the version?
Revolutionary Greetings!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Yes, that should be the version of the game. I think the most well-known (only?) versions are 1.0, 2.2 and 3.6. The differences are very small, though, if I remember correctly.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

@ Dayday: I think Christophe said, that he`s looking for version 2.2
Here is a list of some things that I'm looking for:
Games

* Dungeon Master for PC in Chinese and Korean. These two versions are extremely rare.
* Amiga disk images of Dungeon Master versions 2.1, 2.2 and 3.4, and Chaos Strikes Back for Amiga - Game Disk version 3.3 and 3.5.
There are no working ADF images of these versions because of the copy protection. However, if you have an original floppy disk of the previous versions, you can still help. A new disk image format has been created by the Software Preservation Society (SPS, ex CAPS) project. This format (.IPF) can handle any type of copy protection and works with the WinUAE emulator. Look at this SPS topic at dungeon-master.com forums if you can help.
http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/846
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)