The Magic Healing

Chat about new breakthroughs in technology and science. Or even about cool stuff that happened in the past...
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

The Magic Healing

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

This simple organism is truly magical.... and is only one of the things that it can do to help man kind, it even opens doors, smashes the box we all live in.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-hap ... 00211.html
keep your gor coin handy
Wizard Zedd
Expert

Re: The Magic Healing

Post by Wizard Zedd »

Very interesting. I have seen a number of articles on this recently. It seems that they are doing more and more studies and it's about time. Who knows how many people this could help. Here's another one: http://www.inquisitr.com/1598694/magic- ... -think-so/
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

great article, thanks for the read.

they are magic, since magic is so widely thought of in DM I think it should be researched more :lol: the worst thing people can do is classify the mushroom as just a party substance, FAR FROM IT, when we're young. it isn't until we get older that people take in their beauty. what happens is people associate the past experiences as being young and stupid, again, FAR FROM IT. one thing for certain about magic mushrooms is that they are not addicting in any way. this life form could be how man had come about, by rewiring the brain. I have studied this area for years, mushroom use can be found as far back as to our beginning.

what makes dreams? mushrooms do, which is a derivative of DMT, spice, the stuff that dreams are made of. I believe dreams have a lot of answers locked up in them.
keep your gor coin handy
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Looks like another rehash of LSD/Timothy Leary bit.
There's a sucker born every minute. :lol:

I was at a conference about healing with magnetic waves.
At a cost of 3000 £ ( $4400 ) The gismo + the matress.
No charge, on 48 monthly payements.
A 10% rebate when paid cash
A 5% rebate when bought on 3 payements.

I attended this BS for the free meal.
Salad with hot cheese.
Fillet of duck.
Apple pie.
1/4 Wine.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I read plenty of those books terkio, and yes there are some who look at it as a drug fest religion. being familiar with many hallucinogens , being a shaman, I do not follow anyone else. my path is mine alone. wasting money 5,000 bucks is a tough one to take on the chin. forget about anything they say, go out and spend 25 on some mushroom spores, find out for yourself, don't listen to anyone but yourself. you'll know when you find yourself. do it yourself. no church, no prayers, no nothing, just you and your own spirit. when that level is reached then one can feel what is going on. like a weight has been lifted from your mind. I don't bother telling people to believe much in it, all I ask is that it is investigated, so they'll know about it all on their own, no teacher, sometimes the worst thing to happen to the mind is a teacher will program it and it can't be undone. today everyone wants to be the same, and to me that is the worst thing we can do. fashion, fads all that jazz. why be like everyone else when we can be ourselves. this is where ignorance proves to be strong and useful. that is one tough spirit that needs to be used in the correct way. love is just as scary. all you need is love, really, love is also what drives people apart, so it is a catch 22.
don't be afraid to experiment with mushrooms, open the doors, let the spirit out\in, compare it to letting god into the heart\soul if need be.
keep your gor coin handy
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

I am not a magic, pseudo sciences or new age believer.

I only pick edible mushrooms that do make tasty dishes.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

heh, now about taste, magic mushrooms when fresh taste exactly the same as store bought mushies. when I have them I cook with them and they're great, I eat them as food :lol:

don't be afraid to explore, that's all i can suggest.
keep your gor coin handy
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

It is unsafe to play with mushrooms.
Drugs are unsafe and illegal.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

regular use can lead to psychosis and cause long term effects similar to schizophrenia. In the short term they can lead to erratic behaviour, paranoia, and other general mood swings.

this drug does not expand your mind, it slowly erodes it..
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

heh, sorry guys, you're way off. believe what you wish. as I said, I do not condone it for others, only for those who wish to know more. ignorance can be bliss I suppose, as my father said constantly, to each their own. I'd challenge anyone on a IQ test, just saying :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

No doubt, psilocybin leads to paranoia. :lol:
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Any IQ test? really? you think that somehow they have made you smarter? Because I never said they would make you stupid, just paranoid, and can lead to psychosis.. which is not the same as being stupid.

I actually scored high enough on an IQ test to have people hound me for additional testing.. doesn't make me smart though. The only thing they actually measure is if you've learned a few equations or not (which is not a valid measure of their mental capability) and they scatter the question types to make you mentally "change gears" quickly which is why it's timed.. which again doesn't really measure potential in any way, just how quickly you can change from one topic to the next. They have all but been abandoned as a tool for mental testing these days too.. because they know it's a worthless test.

At any rate, you can say I'm way off.. but documented papers and actual science studies say otherwise.
"The studies on human and animal models both demonstrated that psilocybin produces psychosis-like symptoms primarily through serotonin-2 receptor stimulation. "
or do you think science is a big old phooey.. :P
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Actually, to fully clarify my intent, because the above post shows my frustration but not the intent.. I wish to let you know that I'm not intending to be mean, just trying to appeal to your common sense.. I hate it when people have been convinced that poison is going to be their amazing voodoo magic cure and make them awesome, when what it's really doing is damaging them. Just as one may yell at a person standing in the middle of the highway, to try to keep them from being hit by a car...
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

thanks cows, I never took it as nothing more than conversation.

I have been doing mushrooms for 35 years, I speak with experience. I can assure you that my intelligence curve has been spiking up, I know more than in the last 15 years than I knew all together before that, so it has no effect on cognitive abilities. why just in the past 5 years, 2 of them I spent becoming a chess master, WHILE EATING MUSHROOMS, and drinking, so you can see how I am skeptical of those science analysis. not only that, I have learned at least 3 big programs for graphics, so to me, eating mushrooms has not done any harm, just expanded my mind oh 10X over, where do you think all the outside of the boxes come from :lol:

what it did the most for me was give me hope, I went as far as I could looking for the great answer of what I am , who I am, it gave me answers that science can't figure out.

it may be of interest to you to look into the rich past of mushrooms, remember that there are hundreds of psychoactive types, they are not all equal, like anything else they each have a different affect. there is so much to learn about a mushroom, which if you grow them yourself you'd have to learn, so no matter what you're learning from the start. I won't go that path, too much data.

so, I speak from experience, not from some research facility that states that they're killing your brain, I know personally that it is not true.

it is classified as poison, but so is alcohol, so is anything, all medz are poison if taken incorrectly, even food. there is a lot to know about the mushroom, it's deeply rooted in mans culture.

this is just discussion, nothing more.

NEVER give a mushroom to a schitzophrenic, it'll amplify the already too loud voices they have in their head. those with this condition will react badly. this goes with everything else, like giving alcohol to a bad drinker will do the same thing which is bring out the bad emotional spirits that they posses. in my view as a shaman, emotions are spirits, I won't explain that to you, but just have a look at the liquor store sign, it says right on it, spirits. some people are mean spirited, try to avoid those people :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

The studies were done on people who had been doing mushrooms for about as long as you have, and noted from their tests, and from interviews with those that knew them about behavioural changes, and tendencies. To get clear research on the topic, you actually need to span multiple articles to get a whole picture, they are a topic which is rarely evaluated, and the main reason is that they don't see immediate negative effect to things like liver, heart, lungs.. So not related as high risk, also in research (as you say, they have been used in tribes since before the stone age) it has not shown high medical benefit to be worth study in that area either.

A man see's a goat on a hill, and then shortly after finds $100. Then weeks later, see's a goat on a hill and get's a date with a beautiful woman. That man's perception is that either A.. that goat is good luck, or B.. seeing a goat on a hill is a portent of good fortune. In both cases "experience" has taught him this, but it still does not make it true.

My father has retired and has found a lot more free time on his hands to explore all sorts of things, he has mastered a number of brain puzzles, and defeated the top level of various chess boards too. He's had time to research things he'd never done before, and now wants to visit me at work to see what I'm teaching my students.. I'm reasonably certain he's not eating magic mushrooms.. but he certainly is taking advantage of his free time and the availablity to learning resources which are far more potent than he had before. There is also a mental maturity and experience to draw upon as well.

I remember picking up a book that my mother had read and thought was fantastic.. and I tried, but I couldn't get into it.. I left it on the shelf for 6 years, and one day I was jonesing to read SOMETHING.. ANYTHING.. must read book.. so I looked up at it in disdain and pulled it down and began to read... guess what. My experience with the book was so different and far more pleasant. I had matured mentally, new experience changed my perception and my ability to enjoy the style and topics in the book. I could not only understand them better but also identify with them. And now as a teacher, I see the same in students and grads. I've been doing this for about 15 years actually.. about the same as your mushroom drive. I see students who don't fully grasp some things i tell them, only to get emails from them years later saying "thanks for saying.. XXXXX" it seems to keep coming up and it's made me better at what I do.. The advice was sitting there, not absorbed until the maturity and experience set in.. so as we get older, our ability to grasp concepts can actually increase.. which I know, goes against what popular thought dictates, and that is old, frail, loss of memory, can't teach an old dog new tricks, etc. Just no the case.. I think in far more cases, people are not open minded and stuck in their ways, creating mental barriers, rather than keeping an open mind and positive attitude.. if you can attribute anything to mushrooms, perhaps it's the relaxed state you've given yourself. They have discussed using them to treat depression due to anti depressant attributes of them. If not for the common trait of paranoia rising in many cases.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

reading is important, and I have done a lot of that. I researched everything I could for years, so they can give their results but I can assure you that I am not suffering from mental disability, or have lost my brain capacity. I don't know of one single person who has ever had trouble. if you personally have not walked that path I ask, how are you so sure of their results? I am living proof, what they are saying is just some lab results. i am very aware of government policies. they don't want people doing anything, period. draconian to say the least. what i can tell you is i am very happy so these results just don't add up. but it's ok to climb a dangerous mountain, it's ok to jump out of a plane. it's ok to do anything else that could be life threatening, heh, that part makes me laugh really. trust me Cows, there is nothing bad about mushrooms. what would i have to do to get you to see the other side? oh, that's what mushrooms can offer :lol:

hey, i am proud of your dad, wow. chess is a neat game. it is rooted in my past as well, my uncle was a chess champion and he was blind, he also produced books, chess by brail. he must have had an imagination beyond beyond.

i agree that everyone learns at a different pace, sometimes it takes just one thing to activate the mind. hurdles put in place by fear, rejection, all those other road blocks can be removed. I'd love to explain what mushrooms can do, but i'll leave that for the explorer. in order to do what i was doing the explorer must learn everything there is FIRST. i am able to go outside and pick wild mushrooms to eat all because i learned about mushrooms. i will say one thing, when doing mushrooms it's not done to party, often it's done by myself which i prefer, sometimes with my spouse. my skin glows pink, and i generally feel uplifted. taking a moment to see my surroundings or more so, FEEL it.

my ma is loosing her memory, her ma lost her memory early, 65. i most definitely notice memory loss in older people, as you said they can also get set in their ways and don't want to learn any more. they didn't have the internet stimulus we've enjoyed. they still can't work a remote or understand todays tech.

the most important thing about mushrooms is there were questions that needed answers, and i got what i needed thanks to the mushroom, but more so DMT. you get touched by that and you'll understand with alice in wonderland is all about, biggest lesson ever, again you have to learn the plants and do it yourself. everything yourself, which means you'll learn what a shaman is, all the types there are in cult and then of course a shaman does not need a cult at all, many are regular people, and some don't even know that they are. i want to know more and more and more but life just isn't long enough.

well, if i live as long as my aunt who is 101 this weekened just so happens, same age as Albert Hoffman when he dies, the guy who discovered LSD while looking for a menstral drug to relieve the pain symptoms :lol:

anyway, keep an open mind, wouldn't feed you shit. telling the truth.
keep your gor coin handy
Wizard Zedd
Expert

Post by Wizard Zedd »

Chaos I think your last statement hit the nail on the head...Keep an open mind.

Too often people have already shut down an idea before even giving it a moment of thought. As people get older that seems to happen even more often. I believe that things such as mushrooms should be studied more as it is a natural resource that potentially has the ability to help in many areas. We as humans have the ability to study and research and should always keep an open mind regardless what the various governments "think" we should be working on. You never know when the next great breakthrough could happen, or how....look at penicillin.

Always keep learning! No read is a bad read :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I achieved everything I wanted to in life through hard-work, creativity, talent and dedication. Not a mushroom in sight.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Gambit37 wrote:I achieved everything I wanted to in life through hard-work,. . .
Some people may need a bit more help. My wife depends on sertraline, for example.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Perhaps I should have also added "and years of psychotherapy, counseling, CBT and a smattering of SSRIs". I apologise for my omission.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Drugs can alter perceptions.. in most cases this is their sole purpose. Both recreational, and medical drug sources have this goal. Antidepressants are meant to convert a negative perception of life to a more positive one. LSD is meant to alter perception, but can be either good or bad... etc.

People have convinced themselves they can fly on drugs.. unfortunately it didn't give them this ability. Yet those who tried to tell them, didn't seem to manage to convince them of this before leaping to their death or injury.. Drugs can be very dangerous, not just to yourself, but to others as well.. as my friend discovered when someone having a bad trip threw her from a 7th story window to her death. He was convinced this was something he needed to do.. at least.. while the drugs were still in his system. I listened to a roomate pontificate on his expanded mind and god like perception while on drugs.. needless to say, he was not a god.

Not that drugs are exclusive to missed perceptions.. the brain is capable of doing it to itself.. from the simple pilots test which shows that focusing on a dot in the center of the screen can make other moving objects on the screen vanish.. to those of strong faith (no specific religion or cult) .. can be convinced of things that are clearly not true. Even physical changes to the body can happen because the mind is convinced. Placebo, nocebo effects.. injuries from dreams, and positive reinforcement leading to cures where modern medicine said there was no hope. Multiple personality disorders too.. PTSD.. and so on. Brain has huge potential with or without drugs to mess with us.. for better or worse...

My point? well that a person can have a different perception from reality, either self induced or drug induced.. once they are convinced.. it's very hard to tell them otherwise even with proof.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

(note.. sorry, I tried to reply but instead it ended up editing this post, not sure how this happened, or how to get it all back. you may wish to edit the statements back in. most of it is still here. Sorry)

I do not recommend any antidepressant to anybody. we already have natural ways to do that. people use drugs as an excuse to why they are screwed up. I hear it all the time, I read it all the time. I won't give them one.

people don't need drugs to be stupid, they're naturally like that. I have seen plenty of dumb people in my life that DON"T use drugs. drugs are not bad, people are bad. drugs save lives. dumb people take lives. to be quite honest, I see people climbing Mt Everest. this is such a stupid thing to do but they do it. I guess mountains are bad, too, or is it the nut that climbs it. what I ask you cows is, have you seen someone jump from a building on drugs because I only see that in the movies :lol: . I know I have not, but I have seen people do some pretty stupid things not on drugs... especially guys and cars. guns are not bad, the people that use them can be though, and they are not high on anything.

I practice shamanism, so I'm interested in what you have to say because I deal with it all the time. these people believe every fear mongering thing they are told. it's a sad world when people pass judgment without even learning about it. those people are stupid, more or less lab rats or sheep being led through a fence into a room to be slaughtered.

until one tries something, they should reframe from being all knowing.

the most widely used drug is music. as we all know the beast was drugged by the soothing music, which releases all sorts of chemicals in the brain. everything is a drug if it releases chemicals in the brain or it brings on an emotion.

summary:
to each their own. drugs are not bad, people are bad. nobody should tell you what is good or bad unless you know from experience, investigate what they say. don't take my word for it, learn it for yourselves.
keep your gor coin handy
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:learn it for yourselves
Try strychnine.....your results may vary.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. If we had to learn everything for
ourselves? Wow! We'd all be living in caves. Or dead.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

:lol: Allright, I won' t resist anymore.
An alternative to Strychnine: Amanita phalloides

This fungus is highly toxic, and is responsible for the majority of fatal mushroom poisonings worldwide. Its biochemistry has been researched intensively for decades, and 30 grams (1 oz), or half a cap, of this mushroom is estimated to be enough to kill a human.
The principal toxic constituent is α-amanitin, which damages the liver and kidneys, often fatally.

List of deadly mushrooms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deadly_fungi
Wizard Zedd
Expert

Post by Wizard Zedd »

There will always be the good drugs bad drugs debate. Fact is that even the good drugs become bad if used incorrectly. In today's society it is normal to be prescribed drugs as the cure to what ails us, when many times we can find a natural source of healing. I see commercials all the time promoting the use of drugs with a list of side effects that are down right scary. Now I am not saying that we don't need drugs...they can and do save lives. From a recreational stand point people like to experiment and they like to take part socially with a variety of drugs - alcohol being the main one and now more commonly marijuana. Many people have done mushrooms, LSD, MDMA etc. and have had very positive experiences. I am with Chaos in that the bad experiences of the few shouldn't out weigh the positives of the many. Nor should everyone be banned from experiencing something as natural as mushrooms and marijuana just because the Governments have dictated that is illegal - times they are a changing and the right to choose is a human right. The trick will always be how to keep our young children from experimenting too early...there have always been those that sneak cigarettes, booze and prescription drugs from their families and friends as it is - so very hard to prevent. Education is the key....again - read, read, read and not just from one source. There are always many sides and points of view to a given subject.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Paul Stevens wrote:
Chaos-Shaman wrote:learn it for yourselves
Try strychnine.....your results may vary.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. If we had to learn everything for
ourselves? Wow! We'd all be living in caves. Or dead.
there has only been one reported case of someone ingesting this true rat poison. do the research on it. there are thousands of alcohol poisonings each year in the US alone. a lot of people die from bad booze, or over drinking. like I already said, everything can be poisonous, even oxygen is poisonous in its pure form.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

there are Amanitas that are edible, most will make you sick and there are a few like the destroying angel that kills almost every time. those are not the kind of mushrooms that anyone should eat, and it would do everyone good to learn what you can and can't eat. MOST mushrooms are edible, there are only a few that are not. a good rule of thumb is if it has a bulbous base (stem) don't eat it. if it is white (other than button mushrooms) don't eat it. most of the white ones are poisonous in low doses. it is unbelievable how much fear society has put into a mushroom, such little understanding about them. I love mushrooms, the taste and texture. no need for hysterics about them. they can survive space at absolute zero and some scientists have speculated that it was the mushroom that brought on imagination of man or even life to earth due to its incredible life enduring will to survive. it lives off of dead things, so it's welcomed throughout the mostly dead universe. I just read about the experiment they had with DNA in space, it also can survive, but that was for a short period.
keep your gor coin handy
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: a good rule of thumb is if it has a bulbous base (stem) don't eat it. if it is white (other than button mushrooms) don't eat it. most of the white ones are poisonous in low doses.
This is BS, dangerous BS. There are all sorts of this kind from people who think they know about mushrooms. Do not ever rely on "rules" about mushrooms.

To pick for edible mushrooms: There is no rule but true knowledge of mushrooms.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

read, read, read and not just from one source. There are always many sides and points of view to a given subject.
yes, that was what I was trying to say. being educated is good, problem is when being taught from an impressionable person such as a teacher, we should not put 100% in it that they are right. we must for ourselves check the data, check the source, check the teacher as well for they are human and impress behaviors onto others. if I had of followed suit like the masses I'd never have explored shamanism, I would have completely shut off my mind and joined the rest of the crowd who all want to be the same, believe the same and anyone outside the crowd is an outcast, in this case a druggy, or addicted or some other term. not everyone can drink, not everyone can take asa. we are all different in that matter. people who use excuses for their mistakes often say they were addicted to something and blame it for their woes, meanwhile it is their spirit at fault for their troubles and they were using the drugs, be it music or some chemical as an excuse for bad behavior. I refuse to give anyone an excuse like that. it is this that the governments use as propaganda, similar methods of attack are a polar bear on a chunk of ice, or steam pouring out from chimneys. we have to be careful not to fall prey to this fundamental weakness we have, another term would be our gullibility by preying on the fact we all want to live longer and do the right thing.

eating a magic mushroom does not dull your mind, that's an outright lie that the public has been made to believe, and then taught by who we respect, teachers. have to be careful about being so certain on things we know not much about. spend a few years learning about it is the correct way of science anyway.

if everyone has read the post on the healing, you'll notice the magic effect is how colour\sound\taste\feel can use each other and rewire routes never used before. it does not erase your memory, or change your mind, it enhances it, that was their point. I wonder how many of the most talented musicians in the world have use this type of freedom of the mind to create their music. they are naturals, probably naturally wired in such a way as the articles findings.

do the research, then come back and we'll all talk about it. I spent 6 years talking to other university 501 psychologists about this very thing, the homework was done. it was one of the most fun things I ever embarked on, socializing with mind benders :lol: no wonder they portray psychologists as crazy :lol:
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

terkio, it is not bullschit. I suggest if you want to eat wild mushrooms that since you don't have a trained eye for them to use a field guide, otherwise stick to the store bought ones. magic mushrooms don't kill people, lack of education does. do read up on studies they have managed to do on them, you'll find it interesting and it will blow away the belief they are poison. that is nonsense at the core. that is what we have to avoid, false statements like that really do wreck the study and understanding of magic mushrooms. get out of that box and check out the information before being so certain of your facts. besides, it's good to know anyway.
keep your gor coin handy