dungeons for DMJava

Custom dungeons for DMJava
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Allen
Neophyte

dungeons for DMJava

Post by Allen »

Is there a way to find just "custom dungeons" for DMJava ?
I have been going through a lot of forum entries and can not tell what platform or version they are for.
And is there good site or sites out there to download this type of dungeons. Thanks for the help... :)
AllenW
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

DMJava is platform independant which makes it rather popular with the mac and linux users... not just Windows. All the dungeons are only a map file you load and are not platform dependant either.

So any DMJ maps you find you should be able to load fine.

In the pull down quick links you will find a DM Java alternate website which has devoted some time to tracking alternate dungeons I think.. so it might be your best chance at finding them.

moo
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If you have been lookign at the encyclopedia forums, then these are mostly PC DM maps unless otherwise stated for RTC, Dm java, etc

re

Post by Guest »

Ya.... I've been looking in several places, and as you say, most are for the DMPC. I'll just have to keep looking and see what I can come up with.
If anyone knows of a place to get the dungeons for DMJava let me know..
thanks..
Caswallawn

Allen the original programmer?

Post by Caswallawn »

That would be neat if you are the original DMJava programmer :)

Well, looking for dungeons, I cannot help you there, every fresh dungeon I have made has been just too junky to distribute. I would only be frustrating people by having them playtest it. I playtest them myself and find monsters wandering around nowhere near their placement location. The only way to manage that is monster/ghost blocking spaces. Anyway, long way to go before I create something half as good as the map that came with it. Eob1 and Eob2 and the German guys map is all i've seen, and all i did with those was extract the graphics :twisted:
I played the 3 EoB's when i was around 7 years old. Took a long time and I wouldn't repeat it.

The Dungeon.dat that came with the game is the best. It is SOO great I prefer it over most modern games.
What I did do though was modify the Dungeon.dat and added new additions, teleports to additional levels with new monsters, harder enemies, extra items with new graphics and character pix. But its kind of just personalized so I see no reason to distribute that online, when all it is is a rip-off of the original dungeon sent with it....
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

People have done that with the original dungeon for PC DM, no reason not to release it as long as you have that caveat attached you just said : )

There is alot of life in DMJava, we just never hear about it until out of nowhere somelike like yourself posts or a dungeon appears...
Relig
Craftsman

DMJava dungeons...

Post by Relig »

I've found some dungeons for DMJ, but not that many.

So far I've only found,

EOB 1 & 2
Mines of Moria
Blackcastle
Dormalor
Forest
GetOut

I've found them by going thru the old posts from Alandale's forums
and from some on this forum. You really do need to do a lot of hunting to find them.

I don't remember where I did find them but if you are interested in any
of these I can maybe track them down. Maybe upload the zip files on this board??

Cheers! :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If you can give links we can post to the encyclopaedia forum
Four of those names mean nothign to me, and i thought i had been downloaidng them, if not checking them out as they had came down
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

OK, I couldn't find any links for the downloaded custom dungeons
but I did create a new web page with 4 dungeons that you can download.

the site is at http://www.geocities.com/dmj4322003/DMJ ... Files.html

You can copy these over to your board if you want Beowuuf.

Anyone else interested, help yourself...

This site was a free site so I don't know how long it will stay up.

I believe two of the dungeons might of came from the DMJ + site listed.

Enjoy! :D