Beeuwuuf...your original DM map for DM Java....

Custom dungeons for DMJava
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
isamu99
Novice

Beeuwuuf...your original DM map for DM Java....

Post by isamu99 »

Hi Beeowuf. I was playing your original DM map for DM Java yesterday and it's pretty good man! Unfortunately there is a problem....

I am at the third level in the area with the different rooms, standing near The Vault to be more specific. Now for some reason the DM Java editor does not want to load my saved game. Infact I have three saves, two of them in that area and one on the second level near the "None Shall Pass" hallway. DM Java Editor will not load any of them, saying "Unable to load Dungeon" :cry:

Can you tell me why this might be? Keep in mind I am using Germanny's updated graphic's pack(The one stone wall one, not the wooden/grassy one). I don't know whether it's the intalled updated graphics pack or a glitch in your map. It loaded fine when I saved early on in the second level so I dunno. Can you tell me what you think? Are you aware of any bugs in your created map that would possibly cause the DM Java editor not to load the dungeon?
Playing Dungeon Master + listening to Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me by The Cure = RAPTURE!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, not my map, i just playtested it before release - it was bigcalm's, wasn't it?

the map was made before the v1.05 upgrade, so you might want to run it through the dungeon upgrade patch first?
sorry, been a while since i messed with DMJ stuff ,so i'm fuzzy on lots of things

good luck with it if you haven't solved it yet
isamu99
Novice

Post by isamu99 »

beowuuf wrote: you might want to run it through the dungeon upgrade patch first?
What is the "upgrade patch" and where do I get it? Or is it already in my DMJava folder?
Playing Dungeon Master + listening to Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me by The Cure = RAPTURE!!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

it should already be supplied i nthe root folder...if i remember right you just run it, and it asks what dungeon/save you want to use it on
it certainly existed on earlier patches...it'll be called soemthing simply like patch105 if it exists...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hmm, ok, you run it as a command
for example have a shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.0_02\bin\javaw.exe" Patch4

Thing is, i can't find a patch for version 5!

Maybe one doens't exist...sorry, guess it needs someone more DMJ savvie than me!