Custom Design for DM Java

Custom dungeons for DMJava
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Spud
Novice

Custom Design for DM Java

Post by Spud »

Hi to everyone. I'm kinda new to this forum thing but I wanted advice regarding the customizing of DM Java. I have ripped the graphics sprite models from NWN and wish to import them into DM Java gameplay. Obviously these monsters have already been reworked and ready for import but I wanted to know if you can have more views to the monsters. The default only have four sides (front,back,left,right) and an attack view.Is it possible to get DM Java to except more views of my models? Also I wanted to know is there any way to get switches, wall deko, sconces, for example, to load into DM Java without having to copy over the existing default graphics? I'm having probs in this area and I hope someone can help me out. I have already done the EOTB wall sets thanks to The Ironworks website, so these would obviously go well with DM Java. I await any input anyone might be able to offer.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Nah to the monster views, not unless you mod the engine yourself

Not sure about the wall item stuff, as far as I knew you could create new versions of everything...maybe I am wrong...
Spud
Novice

Post by Spud »

Thanks beowuuf to your reply. The monsters I've ripped from NWN work fine with the default views DM Java allows. The question regarding custom wall decorations, sconces eg, seem to only work if I copy over the files from the existing installion. I also can't get the Wall switches to load but the Floor switches work fine. I'm loading my graphics in from "maps\SpudMaps" if this means anything? Please any info would be appreciated.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Too long since I've dabbled with DM Java stuff, sorry! Hopefully someone else can give better insights...anyone?

There is a seperate DM Java forum, no one really goes there, but there are many, many posts - you may be able to find some references there - the link to it is at the top of the page i nthe pull down menu.
Spud
Novice

Post by Spud »

After taking your advice and searching the forums I've learned that what I want to do can't be done! It's what you said earlier, I'll have to mod the engine myself. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer. Anyway, many thanks for taking the time to reply.