Kelly's DMJava Addon Packs help

Custom dungeons for DMJava
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Bane
Neophyte

Kelly's DMJava Addon Packs help

Post by Bane »

Hello, all. This is my first post and through a bit of gentle browsing through these forums I can't seem to find any thread of comprehensive installers of Kelly's mods for DMJava. I've found a few texture packs here and there on his Freewebs site, and I've also found "DMJ Addon-Pack v0.2.exe" but it seems that no combination of these installs will reach the outcome I look for. I remember a few years ago that I had installed more than one of Kelly's addon pack installers which added lots of new content to DMJava: Monsters, items, switches, tilesets, etc. Primarily, data files that actually edited game code. "DMJ Addon-Pack v0.2.exe" isn't installing all files expected. Am I supposed to also have "DMJ Addon-Pack v0.1.exe"? Because it seems that v0.1.exe is no longer hosted anywhere :?

Additionally, if anyone has heard from Kelly anytime recently, I'd like to know the whereabouts of " "DMJ Addon-Pack v0.3.exe" :P

I hope this post isn't too irrelevant to any of you, because I'm aware that DMJava's hype and fanbase has certainly died off a bit.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Re: Kelly's DMJava Addon Packs help

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Welcome to the forums! 8)

I think solito has been doing some recent work on dmjava, so you might want to try PM'ing him with your questions if no-one responds with answers soon.

I have an install of dmj on my other (older) computer, but I haven't used it in a while and don't remember if I ever installed any add-ons or expansion packs with it. I'll check that out next time I boot up my older computer and see what I have there. If I see the files you're looking there I can certainly post them here, but don't hold your breath there. Anyways, I'm sure solio has the files you're looking for, since he seems to be the one doing most of the development work on dmj lately.

BTW if you want to get answers to help requests you'd be better off posting in this forum, you'll probably get a faster answer that way, since this is for custom dungeons so you're less likely to get someone to see your question here.

8)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome!

As always, I might have the files buried on my HD of Doom somewhere if there aren't still available anywhere. I shall have a look later on. I may move this to the DMJ forum under the clones section below, just for everyone's information.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

You wouldn't happen to actually have some version of Doom kicking around that HD somewhere would you? :P
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Anything is possible in an infinite universe, but possibly not! :)