My First Custom Dungeon WIP - Dungeon master 3

Custom dungeons for DMJava
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Misskarna
Journeyman

My First Custom Dungeon WIP - Dungeon master 3

Post by Misskarna »

I have decided to try and make a dungeon in Java along with my story. My dungeon will be Dungeon Master 3, with combined EOB 1/2 monsters that Germany created and his beautiful wall-set. I am learning the editor and picking it up very fast, I seem be able to do more than I can with Grimrock without knowing too much scripting in LUA.

I have finished the first level, and level 2 minus the optional area, I started it off like DM 1 with a nice learning curve introducing people to the new mechanics. if you find the secrets you will have an easier time, much like any dungeon. I also made sure there are weapons. armour if you do miss them, but is in basic stages with basic monsters, I tested level 1, not done level 2 test run, but I think difficulty is okay for a new DM player as DM java dungeon is quite hard, I wanted make an easier dungeon for maybe people that never played it, although near end it will get tough!

My storyline is Chaos still survived after Java and you need to destroy the powergem to finally stop him from ever returning. I am storylining it via wall and scrolls for now until I can learn how events work. One thing I really love is the random monster spawner numbers in Java I am using this a lot as it allows you to not have same playthrough each time. (one thing i learned don't use keys on random :P as you get 4 keys)

When this one is done i'll make a LOG2 version with a different layout since I can make underwater tunnels and bridges.

You can download it from my website server, if you would like to test first two levels. (i'll update file daily as I add to it)

http://www.karnas-creative-writing.com/ ... aster3.dat
Misskarna
Journeyman

Re: My First Custom Dungeon WIP - Dungeon master 3

Post by Misskarna »

Added the optional area now before going to level 3, the idea behind this is it gives you more equipment, but you do not have to do it to continue, but you will also miss some good items on level 3 as well.

Not sure if this is going to be too hard; I am going playtest myself now, to see if monsters need toning now, in optional area.

Direct download from my ftp.

http://www.karnas-creative-writing.com/ ... aster3.dat