About the team dungeon

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

About the team dungeon

Post by Zyx »

Or should we call it the neverending dungeon?
I think its developpement has been stopped again. Or was it already dormant for a whole year?
Anyway, the more we wait, the more it will become obsolete.
The new editors/engines allow great stuff, the team dungeon doesn't use them...
Also, I once started a graphics.dat with new gfx for the team dungeon (with some art of Drake aka Cosmownaut), but it will be a few months before the graphics editor currently developped achieved completion, and then our graphics.dat won't be a surprise to nobody.

BTW, if anyone has tried it, I would like to know if it caused some bugs or glitches. I once had a problem with a fountain which crashed the game, but I couldn't reproduce it. (I think it was due to the pure DOS mode on a 386 with 6Mb of memory)
Also, is there a place to upload files here at dungeon-master.com?

Back to the team dungeon: I propose to release an "alpha-version", playable and open to anyone. If somebody wants to play it and then decide to add a level, then fine! But otherwise, the dungeon will procure some fun anyway, instead of gathering some virtual dust in some virtual attic.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

i agree on the alpha version. i think, someone has to throw some currency around the dungeon, then it should be ready and playable. my levels are finished.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I've been looking forward to this dungeon for ages; it sounds like it has some cool stuff to see! Yes, please release an alpha!
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I'd certainly also like to have a go at it. My email address is in the profile should you decide to release the Alpha version file.

Regards, PitD
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I don't think I have the latest version, since Ian took it to add some tweaks. However i don't know from then if he actually did it and gave it to another designer.
So, I don't want to delay it anymore, but we have to give everybody the opportunity to express his own opinion. Let's wait a week before release.

In answer to PicturesInTheDark, my point is to make it accessible for everyone, so I was planning to release it on the "New Dungeons" forum at the Encyclopaedia site.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I started a thread on the Encyclopaedia forum to check the opinions of people who don't come here.
http://dmweb.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=7&i=363&t=363
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

...and I answered ;) Let me know where I can get it or send me an email if you want me to test it. Looking forward to it! (If possible, can you include a readme or something to let me know who made which levels ?!)

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I moved the topic to this forum which seems more logical than being in the DMute forum.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

So who is now in possession of the latest efforts of the team?

Regards, PitD
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

I uploaded the version I had on my PC. I somebody has another, more recent version, then upload it at this thread:

http://dmweb.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=7&i=363&t=363
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Anything special you're interested in for feedback? Or just try to best it and give the usual comments?

Regards, PitD
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

It's up to you. You can just play it, report bugs, and review it.
Or you can suggest what could be added.
Or you can design a level (level 11 and 12 are free I think)

Note also that the ending is not implemented (we planned 2 different endings if I remember well). I still have some notes about how to implement them, but it would take at least 2 weeks, and I was supposed to do it at the very last - after all the rest was designed.

So maybe when I have spare time, and if nobody wants to modify the dungeon, I'll add the endings.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The dungeon is playable-ish (i#'ve playtested it fine for a few levels) down to ian's level

We could tweak an alpha by bridging level 8 to 10, (amber's final level)
I think the current money is fine for the game as is, as are the objects

Ian 's respawn was bad so it was hard to play from then on, and there was a gap between the end of his level, and amber's level 10
Ian was going to fix his level and do the level 9 i think
Oh, and my mechanicas for level 11 (corridor of the elements) aren't tweaked yet, just timing and strength issues

I have a copy available on my dmjump webspace that i think is the latest group released one