Toni! U R 1 sick son of a....

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
isamu
Apprentice

Toni! U R 1 sick son of a....

Post by isamu »

I just completed playing the original DM and started on Toni's Grave of King Millia dungeon. This is one bizarre but very cool dungeon. He's got wall messages placed in the coolest of places and hidden walls and pressure plates are also cleverly placed. I've only gotten to the third(or is it the fourth?) level to the part where it says "beware my twisted humor, the snake way" or something like that. I past the "Ha Ha Ha" poison trick and made it downstairs to where the two wooden doors are and the regenerating mummy. But I can't figure out what else is down there. Does something open up down there? Also, the section with the three doors with gem holes. Does that part proceed to the rest of the dungeon? Are the gems somewhere around there? Anyway, I'm impressed mate. You're one twisted bloke. Anyone else played this dungeon? What are your thoughts? Does it get alot harder from here? I'll letcha know what I think when I play it some more tonight.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

King Millias

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, I played this one through, it's got a really good feel, and I liked the gas/fireball two rooms puzzle you mentioned.
The clue to the room you are on is in the fact that mummies keep regenerating...

I liked the fact that you can 'cheat' with the teleporter on the first level and go right to near the end of the game, though of course without tough fighters you are toast.

Word of advice, the game seems geared to using the training rooms (the rat, worm and screamer bit), as the pre-end fights are, well, tough.

If you haven't already, check out Return to Chaos too...it's smaller but good too.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: King Millias

Post by Gambit37 »

I haven't played King Millias - the game just freezes going down the stairs, so no luck there.

I started playing Return of Chaos but found it a little bizarre, especially since from what I've seen of it so far it appears to be a modified version of the CSB dungeon and nothing very new at all. Can someone tell me otherwise...?
isamu
Apprentice

---------

Post by isamu »

First of all, I just completed the dungeon. Way to go Toni! Very cool. However, if you're reading this, I got a couple questions. Can you tell me if it is possible to exit the level that chaos is on once you get there? There are walls flip flopping everywhere but none of them 'transform' me back up a level. And I don't see a set of stairs anywhere. Also, for some reason, the "relocate your party" feature is always sticking me in a wall somewhere instead of the specific place I select within the dungeon. Does it have anything to do with that multicolored ring being too big and "touching" a part of the wall? Are you sure that putting the mouse over the location of the map and pressing 'm' in dmute is all that is required to relocate your party?

Gambit- you might try to download the dungeon again since there might be an upgraded fixed version of Grave at his site. I downloaded it just a few days ago and played it all the way through with NO crashes. Even got the full ending sequence.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Games

Post by beowuuf »

I liked Milias better, though having not played CBS (i was one deleted order from playing it in my amiga days!) I didn't know about the puzzles Return... seemed fine, except that the food/water placement kept me in the red the whole game (not fun). It's small though, so you have probably most of it.

Imasu, are you trying to relocate the party to a different part of the level, or are you trying to move between levels (which you can't). If the first, then it is some weird bug, if the latter you will find you are moving yourself into a wall on the same level you were at before.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

isamu
Apprentice

---------

Post by isamu »

What? You can't move between levels? That sucks. I didn't know. No wonder I was getting stuck. Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with it. Know of any other way to get back upstairs from the chaos level?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Moving levels and milias

Post by beowuuf »

Yup, moving levels sucks...I keep having to move my guy to a stairwell, then saving in dmute, then walking downstairs, then saving in dm....you can always add teleporters around a level then delete them after moving, i suppose..but always seems like more effort than it's worth

the last two levels are enclosed on milias from what i can tell, once you go through that teleporter you are trapped (like original dm is supposed to be). How did you find the dragon bit? I was runing around the whole time...cramped my hand badly!

Toni Y
Adept

Bag of many things...

Post by Toni Y »

Well, first of all thanks for your comments, everybody.

Now, some individual replies:

Isamu, Glad you liked it. No you can't return after you enter to the plane where Chaos resides. (That's a bug. Originally it had a teleporter back, but the level I made it first on couldn't house Lord Chaos, I had to move it and forgot to add the teleporter).

Gambit, the Return of Chaos is my orginal work. It has not been copied from CSB. In fact, I can't think of (almost) any similarities with CSB. Why did you think it was a modified version of CSB dungeon?

Beowuuf, There is an infinite supply of wormrolls awailable (in Return of Chaos). Although I admit, there could have been more food awailable. As soon as I get some free time, I'll release a revised version of it.
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Return to Chaos

Post by beowuuf »

Actually Toni, you are right about the worms, I could have hung around and kept generating them, but I prefered to press on. Plus, it was the combination of this and lack of water too...if I could have figure out the 'infinite rooms' bit, that wouldn't have been a problem. You should keep it as is, though if you haven't read an earlier post, the version I had had a problem with the RA keys being out in the open, and the ruby door having a push button!

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Return to Chaos

Post by Gambit37 »

Whoops, sorry Toni! I've been playing lots of dungeons recently and I'm afraid that I got confused over which dungeon was which. I was confusing yours with the 'Extra hard CSB game' that I got from Ian's website before he took it offline. I'm very sorry - I'll play 'Return' properly and let you know what I think. Sorry again!
isamu
Apprentice

---------

Post by isamu »

Beowuuf wrote- "How did you find the dragon bit?"
---------------------------------------

I'm curious. What dragon bit are you referring to?

Speaking if which,

Toni- How come there weren't any dragons in Grave?
Are there any in Return?

Also, what was the significance of the eight Ra keys laying around the floor? I put two Ra keys in each hole and nothings happens. Was that Gem/Firestaff looking colum in the middle supposed to generate or eplode into something? What about the skeleton keys and holes. Were they supposed to open a wall somewhere? Also, I only needed one gem to open that door that proceeds to the rest of the dungeon. The other gem hole didn't seems to open anything when I put the green one in. Was that other door supposed to *NOT* have a button to open it? Just curious :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Spoilers for Isamu

Post by beowuuf »

I think Milias and Return are getting confused here..I played both back to back too in a short space of time, which doesn't help!

Anyway, in milias the almost end has you in the dragon level with THREE dragons, the weakest with the square key...I still had woosie characters at the time, so it was quite fun, actually...i thought this was the one you had played through?

in return, the ra keys are supposed to be in the golems (i'd guess), and open up the stairs to the pre-chaos level, and then you have to grab the skeleton keys and use them around the fire demons to get to chaos. The powergem column is just a cool effect, and useless.

How many dungeons are out there? And how many dungeons are being developed? I'm currently working on one, how many others?

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Spoilers for Isamu

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm working on a dungeon, and possibly will also start the CSB port to PC - so that's either 1 or 2 depending on how enthusiastic I can get about converting CSB...
isamu
Apprentice

---------

Post by isamu »

Thnaks Beowuuf- but let me corect you. It's the other way around. Millias is the one I played all the way through and has the situations you're referring to regarding the Skeleton keys, Ra Keys in the Golem, DEmons to Chaos etc. Though I haven't gotten around to playing Return yet, I assume the dragon bait you're speaking of is in THAT dun. Toni, care to jump in?
Zyx
DSA Master

dungeons of legends

Post by Zyx »

From what I know, here are the dungeons around:

Chaos:
Grab dungeon
Another in preparation (for Xmas?)

Daniel Durgan:
First Test Dungeon
Conan And The Mountain of Tor Al'Kiir

Francis:
Librasulus' Labyrinth (unfinished)

George Gilbert:
CSB - first 'level'

Ian Clark:
Test 1
Test 2
Kids dungeon

TheAdder:
CSB 2

Toni Ylisirniö:
Dungeon Master 2 - Legend of Skullkeep
The Grave of King Millias
Return of Chaos

Zyx:
Mildew
Enfers (not finished)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Chaos's grab dungeon

Post by beowuuf »

Wow, there are quite a few kicking around. I haven't got Chaos's Grab dungeon, or Ian's first test dungeon (hint hint), and my own one is DM Alternate (what happened if Theron failed in the first DM game), and will be ready when a) i get the hang of more hex and sort out the levels I have/want , b) i can firm up general level ideas into firm specific ones. For the middle levels.

Toni Y
Adept

To Isamu

Post by Toni Y »

A couple of points to mention:

There are 4 dragons in Grave of King Milias. There are no dragons ín Return of Chaos.

From your texts, I cannot be sure which dungeon you have played, however most of it seems to fit Return of Chaos better than Grave.

(Now a small reply to Beowuuf about dungeons is progress. I am thinking about a new dungeon with couple really mean ideas :twisted: ...)
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
isamu
Apprentice

---------

Post by isamu »

I apologize, you guys were right. I might of thought I loaded up Grave, but I think it really was Return, since it had absolutely no dragons at all. So I'll get around to playing it soon and letcha know what I think. By the way, I edited the Return dungeon just a *WEE* bit so I could get back upstairs heh. Didn't know how easy it is to throw a few walls and stairs around in dmute.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Hey Toni - dungeon stuff

Post by beowuuf »

I feel guilty about mentioning any dungeon stuff now that I know Isamu hasn't played Milias..oh well...

I think it is the effect of DMute..I had an idea for letting the levels be simple, and get harder (so someone who hadn't played DM in a while would have a chance), but it is too easy to be arbitrarily cruel...hehe, my level three seems fairly straightforward to me, but I'm sure it's already a bit nasty.
What are everyone's opinions, anyway? I prefer to have a dungeon that gives you a chance as long as you get it, and isn't too cruel..well, within reason..or do people prefer merciless traps?

Chaos
Novice

Dungeons Galore

Post by Chaos »

It's so nice to see this many people still loving DM. It's a great feeling. Thanks to all of you for keeping DM alive. This game was so addicting, that I nearly got divorced, almost lost my family over it. I was so glued to it, you couldn't get the mouse and keyboard away from me. I hogged the TV at home, so everyone had to watch me play, but my wife survived it, and CSB, to only have me spend more time creating a dungeon. Long live DM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am building a new dungeon for all, and I hope to have it done by Christmas.
DiTu
Neophyte

re:dungeons of legends

Post by DiTu »

Hi
where can i find levels mentioned by You?
Help me guys.
Best regards.
D2.
isamu
Apprentice

WOW! ALL THOSE DUNGEONS!

Post by isamu »

zyx wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------
From what I know, here are the dungeons around:

Chaos:
Grab dungeon
Another in preparation (for Xmas?)

Daniel Durgan:
First Test Dungeon
Conan And The Mountain of Tor Al'Kiir

Francis:
Librasulus' Labyrinth (unfinished)

George Gilbert:
CSB - first 'level'

Ian Clark:
Test 1
Test 2
Kids dungeon

TheAdder:
CSB 2

Toni Ylisirniö:
Dungeon Master 2 - Legend of Skullkeep
The Grave of King Millias
Return of Chaos

Zyx:
Mildew
Enfers (not finished)"
-------------------------------------------------------

Zyx, would you mind sending me your Mildew dungeon? I'd like to try it out. And is Daniel's "Conan And The Mountain of Tor Al'Kiir" dungeon for the PC or the Amiga? Can you send me that one too? And Chaos, if you're out there, I'd also like to try your Grab dungeon. Theadder-Is your CSB2 dungeon finished? If so, is it for the PC or the Amiga? Can I have a copy?

Here's my email guys-Isamu99@pacificnet.net
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Most impressive

Post by beowuuf »

Chaos, can i get a copy of the Grab dungeon too?
e-mail beowuuf@yahoo.co.uk

cheers!

Zyx
DSA Master

About chaos grab dungeon

Post by Zyx »

Sorry guys, I forgot that the grab dungeon was designed to take screenshots. Not very playable...
Same for Toni's grab dungeon on ST