"Kid" dungeon

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

"Kid" dungeon

Post by Ian Clark »

What did everyone think of it??? I am sure most of you have it by now ?) <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
isamu
Apprentice

---------

Post by isamu »

Don't worry! I'll get to it as soon as I complete Return and letcha know what I thoughnk...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Kid Dungeon - where?

Post by Gambit37 »

I ahevn't got it - where can I get it from??? <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ugambit37.show ... ambit37</A> at: 12/1/00 11:40:12 am
</i>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Games and alcoves

Post by beowuuf »

I suddenly had a creative spurt in dungeon building, but no doubt when I have tried the millionth hex code variation on a trap and still not got it to work, I'll get round to play it so I can kill something!

Oh, and I have just managed to get a cool idea for gaining the firestaff + that doesn't involve the power gem to work, so hopefully I can get this dungeon completed and let you see it!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zyx
DSA Master

Kids

Post by Zyx »

I never played the original kids dungeon, but this version fits perfectly for an introduction to beginners.
The purple dragon is cool!
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: Kids

Post by Ian Clark »

I was going off someones' description of the original one and created a dungeon to fit it.

Gambit37 > Email me at ianlclark@yahoo.co.uk for the Kid dungeon. :wink: <p><font face=arial>Ian

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Kid dungeon

Post by beowuuf »

Just took a quick play through of it - it's quite a cool way of getting someone used to DM, and training up. I don't remember there being any flasks though - a room with spells to practise, then a room full of gigglers that you have to use them on, might have been cool! And the purple dragon does indeed rock.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Zyx
DSA Master

flasks

Post by Zyx »

There are flasks under the pits. A rope would have been welcome.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: flasks

Post by Ian Clark »

I don't know if the flasks were there in the original one but the idea was to have them so that if you dropped down the pits, you would be able to heal. You're right, a rope would be good too in case they want to look down there :wink: . <p><font face=arial>Ian

isamu
Apprentice

:) :) :)

Post by isamu »

Cool little dungeon Ian. Was I supposed to find a way to get across the row of pits? Also, there was a *SEVERE* graphical glitch on the third level. Right as you go downstairs to where the dragon is, if you turn back and go back upstairs and take a couple steps you will see that the space between the walls(your point of view) turns into a green space. It's hard to explain. You can see the walls on the sides but in the middle there's nothing but blank. Wierd. Otherwise, a great dungeon...for 2yr olds :)
Toni Y
Adept

Beware those!

Post by Toni Y »

Isamu, if you see such graphical anomaly in any dungeon I advice you to look the other way quickly!

It is caused when DM can't find the suitable graphics (error in dungeon building) and reads garbage. As there is no way of knowing what the garbage contains it is potentially crash inducing.
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

glitches

Post by beowuuf »

Yep, if you want to get rid of it, best place to look is at any pressure pads used as switches, etc (hidden away) - they always start at default graphic 3, which lots of levels don't seem to have (level 2 i know doesn't, as i had a whole section mess up i did, then changed the tile and all was right)