New dungeon available now.

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
LMB
Novice

New dungeon available now.

Post by LMB »

I'm still trying to upload it onto the FreeDrive page but if you want it now you can e-mai me and i'll send it to you.

Its a 5 small level save game based mainly on action.

e-mail: recep@ukonline.co.uk
Zyx
DSA Master

poison

Post by Zyx »

Great! Another dungeon!
Please note that you left some foreign text at the bottom of poison.txt.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Just finished it.

Post by beowuuf »

It's quite a cool dungeon when you get into it! I liked the interconnectivity of levels, the fact that wall text actually points towards connected puzzles, and the hard fight bits are challenging, rather than annoying or impossible or anything.

My only question: is there a proper (hidden) end to find? I have done al the aims (that foot plate is nastily placed!)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
LMB
Novice

beowuuf

Post by LMB »

No thats it only the 3 AIMS. However I've started another dungeon which will fill all the levels hopefully - It's just annoying there's a limit to the number of objects you can add!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Tell me about it!

Post by beowuuf »

Mine used all the levels, and boy do those objects run out fast : ) A trick (I finally didn't stick to, oops) was to only delete a level ahead of myself, so that I knew if I was using up too many. Cloning is a real pain and noticable, but it can also be a great object saver (plus you can alter the direction facing of the first object in a list, good for getting up to four alcoves from one tile, etc).
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Zyx
DSA Master

Poison

Post by Zyx »

Your Dungeon is fun to play, the connectivity of the levels is a good idea.
At level 2, between the stairs up and the stairs down at right angle, looking at one of the walls,
there's garbage. (But only if you're coming from the downstairs
On the same level, in the room with skeletons and 1 coatl, one of the walls has an empty amalgam.
If you put it on purpose, note that amalgams are only visible from the front.
On level 3, looking at a wall next to the door near the downstairs, there
is garbage also.
To save wall objects, you can clone the one with no effects (you'll clone the entire tile- the 4 faces).
That is, the decoration and wall texts.
Don't clone alcoves, though.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Alcove cloning

Post by beowuuf »

As long as each cloned alcove faces a different direction, andthe rest of the faces are hidden in the wall, then this is gooditem saver (i have been lazy and cloned same facing alcoves onoccasion) Alternately, if we can ever figure out how the gameplaces it's decorative graphics, then those can be used too!Though note, direction of the first linked tile object is theonly thing you can change in a cloned tile...

Zyx
DSA Master

alcoves cloning

Post by Zyx »

What happens if you put an object into the alcove?...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

alcove cloning continued

Post by beowuuf »

the item will join the linked list, facing whatever direction..so all the items in the alcoves are present on each square,but you can only access the ones facing the right direction.It's just a nice quirk of wall objects.

Unless you havealcove heavy levels, or are needing ways to get a few more wallobjects (like i needed to) it's probably not worth it...as isaid, the alcove still has the same function no matter whichway it;s facing, so it's only really good for inactive alcovesanyway.

Zyx
DSA Master

A canticle for the cloned alcoves

Post by Zyx »

In this case you can do the following.
Clone 3 times an alcove,set each one in a different direction.
Then teleport severalobjects into one of the tile.
You'll have to check the 4alcoves to find them all.