All together...

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
sucinum
Pal Master

All together...

Post by sucinum »

What about creating a dungeon in teamwork? each 1 or 2 levels. would be a nice experience (and a funny result).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: All together...

Post by beowuuf »

I'm sure someone menioned this before..unless it was you : ) It could be interesting, though one 'level' only per person, and a limit on objects/constant count would be needed. I need something DM to take my mind off of all the crazy thoughts I've been having for RTC - I even started sketching out ideas in DMute (for size)...help...me...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
sucinum
Pal Master

fun

Post by sucinum »

yep, was my idea...
musnt be a theme dungeon or one with a story...each one says, which monsters he want to use, the we decide the order, than we just build chaotically. would be even more fun if u first create your stage and then look what the ones before u did :)
Zyx
DSA Master

interesting

Post by Zyx »

Ok, count on me to make a level.
If we're going to use Dmute, it's useless to start making the levels in parallel.

One of us has to make level 0, then mail the dungeon to another to make level 1, etc.

Who wants to start?

We should put the stairs and trap landfalls for the next levels, BTW.

For now, we're 3:
Amber
Beowuff
Zyx

Who else?
LMB
Novice

ok

Post by LMB »

you can count me in, sounds fun!
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: ok

Post by Ian Clark »

I'll do a level (or a few if we're short on people). <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

And then there were 5...

Post by beowuuf »

Hi, I found a blank dungeon I was using when the shop debate was going on, so I'll stick a few tricks in it, update the shop, and post it in a day or so to see what people think for the hall of champions. If nothing else it will be a nice talking point to get the ball rolling : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Zyx
DSA Master

all right!

Post by Zyx »

I have myself a blank dungeon with only the Hall of Champions done.
Should I make it available, or should I mail it to you first, Beowuuf?
Or did I misunderstand you and you already have the HoC made?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, I used your blank dungeon to create the shop a while ago, so I've just modified it. It's ready now and uploaded to freedrive. It's very basic but like I said gives a start for discussing stuff : )

Speaking of which, Toni's csb save, I'm positive, is the one that is on freedrive (just the text file has gone walkabout) - I'll hunt around on my drives for it...

Zyx
DSA Master

I'm the next!

Post by Zyx »

Sorry, I mean't I have a NEW layout made for the HoC, the beginning of a new dungeon that I never finished.
I was not talking about the blank dungeon.

Anyway, as you already release the shop dungeon,
I'll take it and add one or 2 levels, then I'll upload it again.

So, everybody, WAIT for me to upload it again!
I'll post on this thread when i'm done. Should'nt be long.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It was a quick thing, so I think you should upload your HoC starting dungeon too! : ) See which one people are happier with - it is the starting point after all

LMB
Novice

ok

Post by LMB »

I downloaded the shop. It's a good idea. At the moment when you click on the ra key hole it changes the item in the alchove, and lets you take it (this would be like putting a coin in). It could be changed slighty to have a switch that does what the ra key hole does at the moment but have a coin slot as well which lets you take the item - letting you choose what you want to buy. If that makes sense, Sound Good?

As for limiting the objects/monsters for each person, the only simple way I can think of is that we build over the top of the original DM dungeon deleting level by level so you can never go over the limit...
Zyx
DSA Master

level 1 done

Post by Zyx »

Hi, I made the level 1 and uploaded "shopV01.zip" in the freedrive site ("dmdungeons","dungeons").
Who's next?

About limiting monsters and items, I don't think it's an important issue: If we have too many ideas, then we'll just start another dungeon!

To Beowuuf:
I have some comments about what you've done, so I'll post tonight again. You may want to fix some minor issues.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: level 1 done

Post by Ian Clark »

I'll do level 8 - i.e. the "Arena". <p><font face=arial>Ian

beowuuf
Archmastiff

aaaaaaaaaargh!

Post by beowuuf »

i had an idea for an invisible maze (optional for goodies) on level 6(7) ...10 cloned 'wall' tiles, fine, the 50 -100 needed for the maze - and it crashed!!!! not fair : (

i'll still stake a claim for that level, with the shop, to save people having to build around it whenever we get there, unless someone has an alternate cool idea.

To zyx, i'll just check the level, and alter stuff until you can post about recommendations. I'll tidy up my work on the hall (and the shop) and leave it back as v0.2 for the next person to carry on zyx's work! Wow, to Amber: did you expect the idea to take off this fast? : )
<i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ubeowuuf.showP ... beowuuf</A> at: 4/21/01 5:22:56 am
</i>

Zyx
DSA Master

about the shops

Post by Zyx »

To Beowuuf:
Alright, your use of pressure pads and teleporters is very astute!
The shop with the rotating objects is a piece of artwork!
Could you explain me precisely what the problem is if I put F0 in a tile?(to make invisible objects).

I made 3 changes to your level 6, I hope you don't mind:
1- I change the text of the 3 scrolls: now they are clue to find the entrance to level 2
2- I put 2 storekeepers (=stonegolems) blocked on a tile.
3- I worked on the old shop work to make it work, but couldn't either.

I had to add a teleporter for the secret room, in order to leave the room,
and teleporters beneath the pits to go back to level 0.
I can't see how to access this room another way, but if I spoiled the trap then correct it, please.

I left some "possible bugs" comments in the level.txt
in the zip file.

"i had an idea for an invisible maze (optional for goodies) on level 7 ...10 cloned 'wall' tiles, fine, the 50 -100 needed for the maze - and it crashed!!!! not fair : ("
What do you mean, it crashed? Are you talking about Dmute or DM?

Also, I'm about to upload the other HoC into freedrive.
It's called "Conflux.zip"

To Ian: You're the next, I guess. But wait for Beowuuf to release the V0.2!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I've managed to get some work done on the HoC and shop, but it's laaaaate and I have to grab sleep - so I'll post replies to most of the things tomorrow ; )

The F0 thing goes like this. If F0 - FF is detected by Dmute as a tile type, it does one of those really bad shu7ffling crashes where everything in the level moves about, so you have pads for doors and monsters n walls. Not nice. However, E0 is fine. And DM doesn't care about it. So create all the E0 tiles you need, but you will have to have teleporters/launchers etc to place objects onto those tiles when the game starts.

DM crashed when I tried the test version of the invisible maze. When I tried to teleport or drop to that level, it gave a system 71 crash - nasty. As I said, I tried it with about 10 cloned tiles to start with, and nothing went wrong, so it might be something else at work...in DMute everything looks fine : (

Oh, I was using The grey lord, in an invlaid tile position, to act as an invisible blocker, with an object teleporter to stop casual placing of objects to reveal all the walls! You'd think if it was going to be buggy it would be buggy for 10...

Zyx
DSA Master

goodnight

Post by Zyx »

Ok, understood. I wanted to make the "lost objects" tile invisible but didn't dare. Now I will when I get back the dungeon.
sucinum
Pal Master

my stages

Post by sucinum »

Id like to put in a clone of my knight cavern or of the spider/scorp level from my first dungeon.
id also do lvl 4/5, with some worms and stuff.
what about weapons and items?
id say:
lvl 1,2: falchion, sword, leather
lvl 3,4: axe, sabre, some chain mail
lvl 5,6: rapier, delta, full chain, mithril
lvl 7,8: plate mails, nerra crown, speedboots
lvl 9,10: hardcleave, inquisitor, dex helm, flamebain
lvl 11,12: white/black plate

maximum 3 bottles per lvl and enough food to complete it.
LMB
Novice

level 3

Post by LMB »

I'll do level 3 then, when Ian's finished level 8
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Was Ian saying he wanted level 7 (8) right now?
Ok, I think we should choose either the grant or market shops - i'd say the market (though zyx has got the grant shop working now)

To LMB: I went with a pay to open the alcove (buy), pay with another denomintaion to upgrade, as paying to open a switch to select would mean that everything would become the same price.

To Amber: For items, I've places a falchion, axe, delta, hard cleave in the weapons part of the shop, so it costs 1 gold to get the falch, but 1 green gem to upgrade to each further item, so if these are limited to finding them around that level then that would add a control there.
For armour, i've got a full set of chain, full set of mithrill with hosen/basinet, then a full set of plate, but i'm hesitant to include the special armours, so i might leave the first space blank. It's one blue to buy, one orange to upgrade, so once again limiting the gems (or putting them in odd places) should be fine.

To Zyx: The pits were to block a starting party so you had to have done the puzzle with 'theron (who takes no damage so can't die and crash the game), or come back later, but with the stacking shift of levels the pits of course worked properly, so i'll just get rid of them. And i'm going to use the dodging as part of the puzzle now, so it should be ok.

Everything else is answered in a Q/A way in the bugs part of of the level.txt - i think if we use that for bug spotting, and delete completed question/answers in the next version of the level text

Ok, so I guess once I upload it's Ian/LMB to go...cool : )

beowuuf
Archmastiff

dungeonV.02 is uploaded!

Post by beowuuf »

I've included a set of lyte plate in the shop, and the explaination text are hopefully clear enough. I put the invisible walls dungeon in, but then realised the way to make it work so I feel foolish. It will still give an idea of what i had planned though, and I'll include it once the levels around it have been done (it will only need three teleporters, 4 texts, 2 modified texts, 1 monster and one wall object for the basics, plus additional 3 teleporters for spinners and maybe a few proper teleporters.

To zyx: i forgot to say i liked the level, some fun puzzles (like the giggling door) and the chested chests were cool : ) <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ubeowuuf.showP ... beowuuf</A> at: 4/21/01 6:19:25 pm
</i>

Zyx
DSA Master

The next ones....

Post by Zyx »

A try for a calendar:
V0.0____Beowuuf____Lvl 0,6______Done
V0.1____Zyx________Lvl 1________Done
V0.2____Beowuuf____Corrections__Done
V0.3____Ian________Lvl 8
________LMB________Lvl 3
________Amber______Lvl 4,5

To Amber:
The weapons appearance through the levels seems reasonable, I agree. I'll put some of the level 1 weapons in the market when I get back the dungeon.
But I already put the crown of Nerra, hold by the the Hive Queen: it's the only reward for beating her, besides of several ven bombs.

To Beowuuf: could you make a table that states clearly
which objects we will obtain from the shop and how?
Something like:
________________Blue Gem____________Green Gem____________Orange Gem
1 gold coin_____apple/dagger
2 gold coins____bread/falchion
3 gold coins____dragon/sabre
1 copper coin___
etc..

We could control much easier what we are giving to the party when we let a gold coin on the floor...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'm for level 6 (7) after whoever does 5 (6) Incase I haven't made it clear befroe, the buy opens the alcove, the upgrade moves the contents. Maybe a counter will activate a switch for spinning the alcove once the highest level has been reached. For the shop:

Blue gem to buy, orange gem to upgrade:
set of mail with helmet
set of mithril with hosen/basinet
set of plate armour (no shield)
set of lyte armour (no shield/helm)

gold to buy, green gem to upgrade:
falchion
axe
delta
hardcleave

silver to buy, gold to upgrade:
empty flask
water flask
EE Ven bomb
ON Ful bomb

copper coin to buy, sliver to upgrade
bread
drumstick
cheese
dragon steak

i'd put it clearer, but the cross over of gold/silver makes it hard. Essencially a green gem, blue gem and orange gem every three levels, and 2 gold, 2 silver and a copper at worst every three levels would give the contents of the shop when suggested. It might be interesting to make the buying denominations harder to get, so you have to bet on whether to buy something lower now, or wait until you can upgrade and definitely get something better (imagine having an orange and a blue, buying the mithril, then later only getting an orange and looking with longing at the plate...hehe)

Zyx
DSA Master

crystal clear

Post by Zyx »

Ok, now I got it!
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I am starting work on my level now. I don't want to rush it. I will upload it when done - should be a few days! <p><font face=arial>Ian

Zyx
DSA Master

debugging...

Post by Zyx »

I'd like to fix some minor issues just right after Ian:
some bugs on my level. It should take me less than 1 hour, so let me take the dungeon before LMB!

To Beowuuf: I also get the system error 73 on the invisible part.
Anyway, your maze would have a problem, as throwing an object into an invisible wall would reveal
the entire maze. (The object would be visible, and cloned to all the tiles instantly!)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Like i said, i foolishly never went with my own advice - clone a tile with monster bad, clone a tile, then introduce a monster to one - good. So i think I can pull off a decent invisible maze on level 7! Like i said, optional for goodies only, and will definately need a compass (so if zyx moves his, another one will be needed earlier).
and objects are teleportered away (to another teleporter that will return the items to the outer stairwell, i think) so no maze reveals. Same with cloned tiles/teleporters i'll make sure they are away from each other.

dmologist
Journeyman

re: food...

Post by dmologist »

rember some monsters are food when you kill them so making generators is one way of cutting down food if you want. I'm just making an "expert" DM dungeon, levels mostly the same just generate mroe mosnters, replace some monsters, pop a dragon or 2 earlier in the game... anyway's one thing i've done is cut back on food and just place a few generators around "monster food".
LMB
Novice

no problem...

Post by LMB »

ok zxy, when ian's done you do your 'fixes' and then let me know when your done.

Out.