All together...

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
sucinum
Pal Master

chars in amalgam

Post by sucinum »

they seem to reincarnate/ressurect normally, but their inventory cant be accesed and in the top, the only apear with their right hand, life/stamina/mana bars are missing, same for their name.
i like my level, too, but i think, the others are even better :)
good work, mates!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: chars in amalgam

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, that's one heck of a bug!
Eh, it was just put there to show off the changing graphics idea anyway. Whoever has the dungeon next, just change them back to mirrors for halk, daroou and sara (they are in the 'room' beside the 'what you cant see...' puzzle). Delete the extra empty amalgam graphic, and then hex edit (not using the GUI) the 6th byte to A0 of the burnt graphic that is first. Cheers. That sucks though, I thought that was the coolest idea for an alternate mirror : (

Once I got the hang of the level it's really good and logical having to go back and forth to get the various items (and battle the amber worms)

Interesting fact - that level is the first level you can't avoid most of! Zyx's can be completed by beating the spiral, and LMB's you just have to do the don't wake the dead path, the ghost/wall room, then the enlarge my view room and your gone. It shows the nice variety in levels, really : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zyx
DSA Master

question

Post by Zyx »

I'll have free time after the 16th june.
I have some ideas for a level, but I'll need to use level 13 also, as it will be some sort of training area (with fire elementals)
One of the aim would be to turn off a great fire elemental.

My level should be one of the last, as the access (limited in time, though) would unbalance the game.

1. Do you think the traing area would be a good idea?
2. Is there a level unused left? When can I fill it?

Wow, 64 posts so long for this thread! Great idea, Amber!
sucinum
Pal Master

Re: All together...

Post by sucinum »

yep, i also really love the dungeon we created so far :)
to the training area:
i think, its a good idea, but then we have to leave either another 3-4 max critters level free for lord chaos. or we decide for an alternative ending without lord chaos even appearing. but its nice, to have that black guy wandering around even if you dont have to kill it (like CSB), because hes a killer compared to the other weenie monsters :wink:
one word about dungeon ideas: im doing another dungeon atm (called "The Prison"-name will change), which is no maze, but some sort of theme-park (and very hard again).
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The exact levels left are:

All of level 5 (4)
All of level 6 (5)
Most of level 9 (8) - claimed by Ian
All of level 10 (9) - claimed by Amber, right?
Nearly all of level 12 (11)
All of level 13 (12) - claimed by zyx (maybe also have a corner for Chaos, a seperate room that is 'part' of a different level
All of level 14 (13)

I think a non-chaos ending would rock, though having the firestaff as a weapon would still be cool.
Training room is a good idea since lots of people like that, and it would blanace the fact that you can choose to ignore parts of early levels, but later levels like the arena and the corridor of pain (section of mine) need strong fighters/priests/wizards.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Zyx
DSA Master

level claimed!

Post by Zyx »

Ok, I claim last level (14) and level 12 for now.
It could be nice to put chaos and a dragon together at level 13!
BTW, who's working now on the dungeon?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

No one!

If we have the chaos/dragon, i'd say have an invisible chaos, or a tribute to CSB style where you defeat him by doing a task that has nothing to do with him personally (you can drop a pressure pad that allows you access to the end aswell as chaos)

So, level 5 and 6 are up for grabs, 13 is probably going to be for the ending, 10 is amber's, 9 is Ian's, 12 and 14 is zyx's.

sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

how about an exact copy of the CSB ending?
we put a corbamite in each level (forcing to complete any lvl :wink: ) and the game ends when all 12 have been thrown over a pit :)
i do lvl 10 in the middle of the next week, i wait for zyx doing one or two (he'll begin 16.Jun. if i remember right) levels :)
then we have to find someone for the remaining free levels* and then discuss about things like ending and name (maybe we should then meet in a chat room)

*id like to involve one or two more persons, but where to find them...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I had an idea for a tribute ending that is like it - it could feature zyx's great flame...but it's been done! we have the ability to have anything we want trigger the end now, not just chaos death...let's use it for something really cool! :)

The idea featured having a four sided central corbum pillar at the end - you need to dispel the corbum 'amalgam's open (like my break the seal in the corridor of the elements), then remove the corbum, and either dispose of them in a black flame pit like CSB, or use them to get some form of weapon/object that is needed to win.

As for levels, LMB hasn't said if he wants another level, plus I mentioned it on the RTC board, so really it's just see how it goes...it's going to be a few weeks before the claimed levels are done, so plently of time yet!

Zyx
DSA Master

16th june

Post by Zyx »

I take the dungeon now
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

Ok, im the next after Zyx (conscription makes me a soldier at 2.July, so i want to complete my Level before)
my Prison Dungeon is also in work (think it will be a nice one...of course i do)
Zyx
DSA Master

done

Post by Zyx »

Well I'm not done really but i Think Amber has less time than me, so as I have other things to do, i released Dungeon7.zip
I only used level 14 and part of level 11 (Beowuuf's level).
Whenever and wherever you think it's relevant, connect the Vechna's tomb to the level. Could be in level 10,11 or 12.
The flame part (level 14) is unfinished, but I hope you'll like the idea and use it as a necessary step for the final.
I f you have any idea about _how_, you're welcome!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Things in the dungeon

Post by beowuuf »

A few things:

1) My stuff - the recess at the front door seems to have been removed with Ian's teleporter. The reason I had it there was because it made it look like you actually stepped through the door when you press enter. Also, At the start of my corridor of pain on level 11, I forgot to replace a group of four ogres (provisional health 250) back the wall.

2) zyx - inspired thinking about the blanks in the activation list (for you party bones feeding the lich)! Without exception, all the blanks seem to correspond exactly with other states/graphics the object can have. Compass has three blanks after, as do party bones, charged items have a blank after,torches have thrree gaps - even the staff of claws, that actually originally had two other graphics associated, has two further blanks after it. BUUUUUT...in practise it doesn't seem to work! Any state triggeres using the first place, and all the others don't seem to work. So either this wasn't implemented in the end, or maaaybe there is a different 3rd byte hex code which actually works with all the variations...that would be cool...

Oops, for anyone not knowing what i'm talking about - look at the hex activation list (best through the manual, or on 7th page of here) and there are gaps in the hex code. (eg after party bones 84 49 the hex for 4 4a - 84 4b is apparently unused). Now, each object like compass or party bones or water skins can have several states - four party members, compass has gour directions, charged items have a charged and uncharged graphical state (torches have four), waterskin has four water levels, etc. All states actiavte using only one hex code, but there are blanks left in the possible codes for all these states...

Zyx
DSA Master

gosh!

Post by Zyx »

God, you're right!
I never noticed the 3 other party bones weren't functionning!
I used my own list of triggering objects, which is basicly the same as in your manual. Anyway, I'll correct Vechna's device when I get back the dungeon.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I forgot to say it's a nice idea, and i like the great flame too! : )

sucinum
Pal Master

got it

Post by sucinum »

ok, atm i have the dungeon and will do lvl 10.
i hope it wont be a cheap copy of my usual knight-swarm level :wink:
sucinum
Pal Master

I am ready

Post by sucinum »

dungeon version8 is at freedrive.
sorry, in fact it IS a cheap copy of my knight-swarm level.
2 things:
the limit for teleportals is almost hit (2-3 more available)
the limit for wall texts IS hit, we should use scrolls where possible (like the diary in the invisible maze)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: I am ready

Post by beowuuf »

The wall texts/scrolls limit should be nowhere near hit..there are still quite a few (especially spell texts) available to use.
What I think has happened is that DMute doesn't count the hidden texts referenced by scrolls..so especially zyx and myself have created wall texts for editing purposes for scrolls, that are being counted.
What we'll have to do is go back, create a new scroll, (with a different text each time) then clone the referening hidden wall text somewhere to change the text that way.

For wall objects, etc, just for everyone's interest, if we average about 50 per level then all should be well

As for teleporters..umm, i've got a few as spinners in the invisible maze...i suppose i can delete them (makes the maze nastier) which will free up about 10 or more
And getting rid of the grant shop (placing the clue scrolls around ther market shop) will free up another 9.

sucinum
Pal Master

hehe

Post by sucinum »

explain that to the 2 ones who do the last 2 levels.

oh, the level ias has begun was linked to mine by me, but of course this can be a bit improved :)
so after zyx there are only 2 and a half levels left.
btw, i think i forgot to remove the teleportal in the HoC, its of course only for playtesting
beowuuf
Archmastiff

lol, true

Post by beowuuf »

ok, easy guide for new texts:

1) create a scroll (not the 'put the gem back...' one, or one that has been used by someone else doign this method)
2) check the 3rd hex byte of it
3) where you want the wall text, hex edit the tile hex, replacing the third byte with 10, the 7trh byte with the number you saw in the scroll, and the 8th byte with 8
4) hex edit the wall text, replacing the 3rd/4th byte as desired for the next text!

If the scroll is to have the text, then blank the tile hex once you have changed the text (3rd byte 20, 7th and 8th fe ff)
If the wall text is to have the text, then delete the scroll now.

sucinum
Pal Master

oops

Post by sucinum »

one BIG mistake in my dungeon:
replace the inquisitor for the plate of lyte!
im not a sadist, the inqi is more imporant to do quest 1 than the plate.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: oops

Post by Ian Clark »

Just the latest.

I haven't posted for a bit. I will do my other level when it's convenient with everyone else, I don't really mind. If someone wants to go before me, fine :) . I haven't had time to do owt with the mini-site neither, server problems and that. I fear by the time I do something with it, the dungeon will be finished. I will keep everyone posted on that. <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, can you remove the other items that were there for my level - cause i wanted the easier path to need work too - the manar staff is available on level 3, the vorpal blades early too (though another hidden in a fake wall might not hurt)...the rop is the only one tjhat will need placed earlier i think (money should also be easy to get)
though thanks for refering to my level in yours : ) nice continuity : )

and am i right in thinking it's either you, ian, or zyx now?

Zyx
DSA Master

not me

Post by Zyx »

I'm busy right now, so it's up to Ian or Amber.
sucinum
Pal Master

ready

Post by sucinum »

for now, im ready and dont want to do another level. i will get in later when we come to bugfixing, testing and balancing.
@beowuuf:
the questitems dont have any other purpose, so just remove them if you like.

so i think now its ian for the next stage.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: ready

Post by Ian Clark »

I cannot get to Freedrive from this here computer (I have the security switched up...) so could you email it me at Ian@pulpsunrise.co.uk <p><font face=arial>Ian

sucinum
Pal Master

done

Post by sucinum »

k, i sent you dungeonv8
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: done

Post by Ian Clark »

Thanks

Will be done in a few days :) <p><font face=arial>Ian

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, I uploaded dungeon8a.zip (barely any difference, i can't get the main tweaking i wanted in my corridors dammit!)

Ian, do you want me to mail it to you?