New dungeon available...

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
LMB
Novice

New dungeon available...

Post by LMB »

Called The Lost Scrolls. Only 3 levels but action packed!

(TheLostScrolls.zip) on Freedrive
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: New dungeon available...

Post by beowuuf »

Hi, I finished the dungeon and it's cool. Though I think you need to highlight the 'lots of combat' bit. Man monsters keep reappearing every 2 seconds! At first I was thinking 'hmm, those generators need beefed up, I can thwack these Trolins with a blow or two', but then I went away and came back, and it was like 'aargh, crtitters!' The Vault on the next level was worse! But in a fun way. I'm sure me checking every wall for secrets didn't help : ) Except for one bit, where I was very glad I did.

It was nicely frantic, I'm not sure if the starting characters are a littletoo powerful or if it's balanced right - if the generators are timed, then it's fine, if they are pressure pads then maybe you could knock the fighters and wizards down a peg or two..hehe

There is only one bug, but it's a biggie for finishing the game - the small switch to open the last door is glitched, it should have B0 in the 6th byte bit, but has f0.

So a fun dungeon...though I've shot myself in the foot..no new dungeons til this big one is finished : (
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
sucinum
Pal Master

upload

Post by sucinum »

Im uploading it at opportunity, if you like. But atm im busy with doing my exams, so in a week or teo.
Greets Amber
Zyx
DSA Master

your dungeon

Post by Zyx »

Wow, it's been a non-stop fighting!
It was fun!
Have a look to Beowuuf Manual about Dmute, you can activate non-north facing spell throwers by just adding a number to the activater (instead of using teleporters.)

Also, maybe you could work more on the ending!
Idea: monsters can carry pressure pads and even message pads!

As for the party, IMHO the fighters should have much more HP than the casters. But it was a fine party anyway.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: New dungeon available...

Post by beowuuf »

To LMB: I've also posted about how to fix the worm bug (thanks for reminding me by mentioning this bug too).

For the shooters, adding 10, 20 or 30 to the 7th byte of the trigger will allow it to fire east, south and west facing shooters respectively.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!