So where are we then?

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

So where are we then?

Post by Ian Clark »

I've been away from the desk for a few days. I was just wondering where we are with the dungeon. <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
LMB
Novice

right...

Post by LMB »

I've uploaded the dungeon as Dungeon04.zip. Sorry about
the delay, anyway, I think it's Amber's turn now?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: So where are we then?

Post by beowuuf »

Without net for 2 days, but cool to come back to next stage! I changed the texts as it still showed the old versions for my levels, so I've uploded it again as dungeon4a.zip
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I hope you don't mind, i also fixed three bugs that were in it in for dungeon4a.zip

1) The check level integrity hadn't been done so screamers died
2) all alcoves were being displayed as text
3) both stairwells were facing the wrong way

It's quite mazy! I liked the don't wake the dead part...sarcophigi would have been nice for there, like in DM2...ah well...

Is it worthwhile putting in chargers for some items in the shop? This would be no hassle, and there are some in zyx's level that come uncharged (flamitt and eye of time)

Simple way to do it, a graphic toggle activated by some denomination (suggest high so that you can charge a flamitt but maybe lose out on upgrading armour) and then you have the 10/90 activated wall item that will give out a fresh item. Just a thought... Can even have multiple coins/gems needed for somehting like the eye of time - one orange and two blue gems, or something...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Zyx
DSA Master

great idea

Post by Zyx »

Yeah, the recharge alcove is a great idea! I always fiddled with the idea of recharching items but never did it! Go ahead!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hmm, so what's happening once Amber has finished his level(s)?

I have ideas kicking around for a level, though they might hog the pad/teleporter count a little, pus the maz on level 7 (6).
Anymore level ideas here?

sucinum
Pal Master

hmm

Post by sucinum »

i make lvl 4 and 10. do i?

for the chaos lvl, i humbly propose to make a mixture of the end lvls of my 2 dungeons (corbum...golems next to pit, ...)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

DMute away, I'd say.

It would be sweet to do something new for the end of the dungeon instead...any suggestions anyone?

Of the top of my head, I can think of 'spirit of the dragon', where you hide an invisible lord chaos inside a dragon, so that you have to fuse/fluxcage the 'dragon spirit' to win the game. Maybe to be nice, have it in a small room so that it's easy enough to fluxcage the whole area

Same with the firestaff/firestaff+ - anyone have an idea for a level to create it? Or will it just be an incidental item.

sucinum
Pal Master

yep

Post by sucinum »

Yeah, you are right. lets make an amazing ending, something that has never been before.