ANOYONE WANT TO DO A DM DUNGEON LEVEL?

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

ANOYONE WANT TO DO A DM DUNGEON LEVEL?

Post by beowuuf »

There are still 3 entirely free dungeon levels up for grabs (levels 5, 6,and 12) in a teamwork dungeon.
While you can check out the "All together..." thread, and the texts with the dungeon itself, to see what has been going on, there is no reason not to just build the level first, then post about it later to blend it in with the rest - less hassle.

To get the dungeon, go to www.freedrive.com. Log in as dmdungeons, password dungeons. Go into the Team dungeon folder, and download the file 'dungeon8a.zip'

Levels.txt gives a quick run down of anything used on the level, and any bugs/requirements, comments.txt is a general text for notes on the level, and the modifiedtexts.txt says which wall texts have been used already
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
sucinum
Pal Master

Level 6

Post by sucinum »

Ive had a great idea today an will download the dungeon at friday to create level 6. If this level has been creates by anyone else yet I choose another free one. The following weekend i will upload the finished level. To make proper work (I dont have too much free time ... conscription) i have some questions:

1. What ist the actual version of the dungeon?

2. How do illusionary pits work (they look like pits but you dont fall down, like in csb at the corbum)?

3. I gonna need one wall text, five scrolls and ~15 teleportals. I hope there is a place in the dungeon where those can be removed, if not, I will fill around.

I hope to get an answer till friday, that i can beginn this weekend.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: ANOYONE WANT TO DO A DM DUNGEON LEVEL?

Post by beowuuf »

1) version 8.zip (you can tell the newest, the textfordungeon file has all the levels written in now, with blanks for names)

2) yep, they look like pits but behave like floors, can even be toggled 'shut'. Just create a floor tile, and change the third byte of the tile hex (use z key to access) to fourty...something...

3) So far there are ~10 freed teleporters. I can try and free a few more....i think there are three in your level that can be cloned to free up three more too

Check out the actual texts available in textmute to change. As long as they are free, then they can be put in the dungeon (i'll check in a day or so to confirm)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

i forgot my scrypt at the barracks :(

ill begin my work in 1 week...
12 teleportals will work<br>wall texts: the problem is, that the limit is hit.
ill pits: hmm
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I did bad maths with teleporters...3 available anyway, 3 i trimmed from new shop, 7 from oldshop makes 13 already free...and like i said, i spotted at least three you could save in your amber level...so np there for your level...need more for later though! : )

the llusionary pit hex needs to look like this:

0 0
49 0 0 0 fe ff

you can have a closed illusionary pit by replacing 49 with 41

With the text problem - don't worry about apparently running out of wall texts...i know how to bypass that (wall texts and scrolls are interchangable, but dmute doesn't know that, so complains). As long as there is an unused text string
in textmute available, then you will be able to have it as a wall text or scroll text.

Update: I'm checking out all the texts, so i'll write a list of numbers that are free, and stick it into the dungeon.zip

Update2: I've stuck in a list of all the numbers in with dungeon8b.zip. I'm terrible at explaining, but hopefully the file will give you an idea of how to create more wall texts and scrolls. I also edited your 'the haunted well' scroll too, as while it looked like it was correct in dmute, it was actually displaying something differnt.
<i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ubeowuuf.showP ... beowuuf</A> at: 8/4/01 11:41:17 am
</i>

sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

is Ian now working at the dungeon or not? happened nothing for a long time...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Don't know..he said he was goign to be picking it up on wednesday, but don't know if anything happened...if you have an idea i'd say run with it *shrug* ...most current dungeon is still dungeon8b