Dungeon "Grand"Master

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dmologist
Journeyman

Dungeon "Grand"Master

Post by dmologist »

I'm not really making a whole new set of levels for DM but I am making it EXTREMELY HARD! but with some cool stuff as well. level to level I'm altering the paths, alter all monsters to make them as many as possable(i.e. mummies and sreechers = 4 rock piles = 2). Making generators generate the most. sometimes if there is a unique monster making it harder, like say the first ghost in the game is replaced by say a dragon(hp scaled down alot of course but still). In some case's making groups of monsters or "special" monsters have extra HP. but with these harder tihngs you iwll find some bonus's like almost all food in the game are now dragon stakes. all magic box's(freeze time) are green. extra potions and waterskins.... also mosnter generators ect almost alway's set to "anytihng activate" so respwaning is going to hell(think aobut level 4 as monsters move over there own generators more will spawn.... when you get ot the door you notice the whole room full of... Is it possable to win? i have no idea but I'll worry aobut that hwen i'm finished... I'm play testing my current altered dungeon and while i have ran away to heal 10 times on the 2nd level(haivng no ninja levels and only 3 fihgter levels among the 4 memebers) i'm progressing pretty good. course there are not monster generators yet so who knows. the only real problem i can see is beholder generators or tihngs that destory doors or walk past walls ect. I'm really messing around with Chaos level so much that you would need to arch masters in all class's for all characters to even get to chaos... but i'm making doors to make sure you can progress(entering a level and the whole thing fill with deamons, fire elementals and such is impossable, having doors atleast means you are fighting to get in get past and on ot the next level. I'm sure your asking, "how cna you kill a room full of mosnters when any time you kill one set another respawns?". hmm that's a good question Perhaps i'll have to scale some of those down some. since there are monster generators on the 3rd level that is where you get ready for the hell of leve 4 and on. In any event I'll make sure that you have to arch mastery in all class's to win.
Zyx
DSA Master

insane!

Post by Zyx »

sounds completely insane. I like it!
dmologist
Journeyman

"insanity report"

Post by dmologist »

Well i've progressed i tihnk half way on level 2 I tihnk and have for the most part been at the same levels... so with the extra food(packs of 4 screachers) and the 3 waterskins I'm mass leveling up. right now doing "genetic manipulation" see if i can get something real good, like vitality and wisdom increse when you gain a preist or wizard level. of course no monster generators yet so i'm not sure how impossable it will be. Heck i'm not even sure of generators can generate a monster outside a room(such as beyond a wall) or if monsters can generate behind you. that war cry would be very useful in this game i think. hmm another idea: remove all weapons from the game. punch and kick for ninja, war cry for fighter... perhaps make dragon stakes and extra sets of specail armor or something.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Dungeon "Grand"Master

Post by beowuuf »

wow, i go away for a few days (hd/win issues) and everyone goes insane...i like it

generators will remember for a while extra monsters that can't generate on that square, so there will have to wear it out even once you advance passed the trigger (but no odd effects like momntsres in the wall will happen)
oh, one thing that CAN happen is to fill the even t buffer (or whatever) so other generators no longfer function - this has only happened to me with a constantly triggered monster generator though
floating creatures can't trigger pads either

*rubbings hands waiting insane dm game eagerly* : )

if you want a play tester mail me at the start of the week and i can try it out...i had this thing finally give me dm with sound before the new hd!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
dmologist
Journeyman

generators and testing

Post by dmologist »

cool alot of stuff i was hoping for. i was worried that if a clsoed space is filled up that a monster mgiht generate outside a door or something.
flying creatures, hmm that will sorta be sucky when i got beholder generators and only beholders in the room. I guess i'll have to move a walking creature to those rooms.
well you will have a this buffer thing broken all the time them. going to each level and saying maxium generated monsters activated by everything. this isn't csb this is anything effect it.

anyway's once i work out another level and a half or something i'll send it someplace for you or anyone ot test...
I do overkill play so this sort of tihng is normal for me. so again i say be aware even early on you will sepnd alot of time rekilling monsters and gaining many many levels.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

OT - RTC:DM

Post by beowuuf »

If you want a challenge yourself after you've done your DM dungeon, you should try the newest RTC version, with the DM dungeon on higher settings...more starting monsters that are faster, harder, with increased food dep, stam dep and general damages. Oh, and if you choose the RTC dungeon over the original you need to find the runes to spellcast first, limiting your spells!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
dmologist
Journeyman

rtc\dmute

Post by dmologist »

well no matter what happens i will keep using dmute I may use rtc at a later time but not for awhile my first purpose to to eidt the game making it harder in terms ofm osnters, ect i tihnk with RTC i'll most likely redsign the levels and what not. i'll write osme diea's down and when i start to work on it i'll use them.
dmologist
Journeyman

alittle break...

Post by dmologist »

sorry "grand master" got to wait... i just discovered a mod board for saturn to play cdr's and that gives me the motavation to finally upload the nexus iso someplace.
dmologist
Journeyman

updates

Post by dmologist »

more editing done, got aobut 2 more levels mostly done, touched up the draogn layer(beefed up the draogn to 4500 hitpoints). i also maid some monsters strogner that are found early in the game. like for example a deep level mumy will habe 500 hp and so on. so yes get rerady for near death experinces... esp when there are 4 mummies, more monsters and generators around. like i said not sure if it is winnable... but i'll keep at it. i do expect every few levels to be VERY hard then the level below easier. becuase say on elvel 4 your fighting monsters weiht 250+ hp(beefed up) and the level below that could be monsters with only 100 hp.