Amber's new dungeon

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Amber's new dungeon

Post by beowuuf »

Without freedrive, I've tried to link it on my site.
Go to http://www.geocities.com/beowuuf , and right click on the link there and 'save target as'

If it doesn't work then ugh, guess you'll have to e-mail Amber for it (or me of course)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
sucinum
Pal Master

Re: Amber's new dungeon

Post by sucinum »

many thx beowuuf.
i think the dungeon is worth the effort, for i personally like it very much :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, from what I've played so far, i like it too
It seems to have a sense of order, like you really are going up inside a keep with the various rooms having a purpose. Nice work. I'm just starting the vaious tower now.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Zyx
DSA Master

comments

Post by Zyx »

Hi Amber,
I fully tested your dungeon. The concept is very good, and the difficulty always well balanced.
The game froze once near the Captain Lounge (Assassin tower), once in the last level of the mage tower for unknown reasons, and both in the warrior tower in the level with coatls and pits when I died.
I think the lockup occurs when the 2 vorpal blades are on the same tile.
Sonja and Wu Tse names are swapped.
In the warrior tower, I got stuck after opening a gold key lock with an iron key.
I go upstairs to a room with a ruster which had a screamer slice and there's an iron grate and a stone key lock I can't open. (I had to use Dmute to give a square key)
Also, in the same tower, in the level below (with the coatl), there's a pit which leads to nowhere.
In the Cistern, I couldn't open the grate with a turquoise keyhole. (Again, I needed Dmute)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: comments

Post by Gambit37 »

Yeah, I've had a few crashes already:

* I think there's a bug at the beginning when you are stuck in the prison - you have to wait AGES for the mummies to come round and let you out, but I think the skeleton is supposed to be teleported out instead much sooner. I checked that in DMute and it doesn't work however.

* Killing the vexirk in captain onkars lounge crashed the game - it's carrying a vorpal when I checke dit in DMute - related to Zyx's problem maybe???
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, the skeleton teleport seemed to be whacked (i think DMute cloned the tile as rarely happens, so that will mean a later pad will be messed up now) - I altered it when i found it to the zip i put up, but you might have an earlier version...

The vorpal blade does sound like the wrong hex code for carrying means there is a cloned object...two identical objects can't be in the duingeon, so if it's dropped then this would be the source of the crash.

Zyx
DSA Master

The long waited Mummies

Post by Zyx »

Yes, this is not good for the sellings, Amber, the mummies appeared long after I was wondering wether I use Dmute to check what was wrong - spoiling all the surprises- or just start again.
But I really felt prisonner, and when the guardians came for me, probably to take to the torture chamber, it really looked like my oportunity to escape!
So I can't complain, it was a beautiful sequence. I wouldn't wait twice, though...
sucinum
Pal Master

Re: The long waited Mummies

Post by sucinum »

i had few lockups, too.
maybe i had the wrong way to let monsters carry items and ALL items carried by monsters are clone-items.. d'oh!
at the beginning, the skeletton is supposed to appear after about 1 min, and that worked for me.
to be honest, i built the whole dungeon only for the beginning, when i had the idea, i just LOVED it...
i hope anyone can change the items carried by monsters, because thats far easier than explaning it to me... i just played around with hex until they carried ANYTHING...sorry for that.

btw, i did the same mistake in the team dungeon...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'd offer but i want to complete it first! I have two dungeons sitting here crying out for playing and i have been too busy *sniff*
If no one else has offered over the next week i can have a go at de-bugging it for you

Yes, the cloning of existing items is baaad
It's jkinds that trick you use to give them items, but them you have to sneakily hide them from the rest of the dungeon to avoid crashes

Like i said, since the skeleton bit was your starting point, then after you did it i think dmute cloned the pressure pads to somehting else later, so they got altered (the prison game i had, the pressure pad co-ordinates were pointing off the map!)Anyone debugging the game should therefore look for the object it's cloned to, and remove and replace both, or else you'll just get trouble.

sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

im just doing a bugfix...should work until next weekend...
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

ok, i have made a new bugfixed and rebalanced version to be found at the common place.