Dmuted dungeons site

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Dmuted dungeons site

Post by beowuuf »

Christophe is looking for a way to let people upload dungeons, but atm the site:

http://dmwebshare.free.fr/temp/

will have all the current dungeons and tools (including Amber's new dungeon, namedit, and the Visual FoxPro download needed to make namedit work).
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
sucinum
Pal Master

Re: Dmuted dungeons site

Post by sucinum »

whats namedit??
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

A new "File shares" page is available on the DM & CSB Encyclopaedia. There, you can upload and download files to share them with others.

I uploaded all the DMuted dungeons and tools that were present on the freedrive account before it was closed. Thanks to Beowuuf for sending me all the files.

Here is the URL:
<a href="http://dmwebshare.free.fr/">dmwebshare.free.fr/</a>

I hope you'll like it... Tell me!

Christophe

PS for Amber: namedit is also there. Try it! <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/umophustheheal ... eHealer</A> at: 10/7/01 4:12:50 pm
</i>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Amber: It's zyx new tool - it will let you rename item names (hard coded in graphics.dat)
For example, you can now call the coromite corbum, etc as you asked about in the team dungeon.

On a related note, Christophe has offered to create another upload forum for the team dungeon if we wanted it. I don't know if everyone is interested, and how close we are to finishing...but just thought i'd mention it : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zyx
DSA Master

great forum!

Post by Zyx »

Thank you Christophe!
Could you change the author of the posts to match the creator of the dungeons?

About Namedit, I swear I'll make a version in Visual Basic, for it's runtime environment is much lighter (and most of people already have it installed). Note that you can change the names manually by editing the graphics.dat. (the names are near the end of the file. I'm surprised Brian didn't mention it - or see it- when he extracted the graphics from the file...)
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: great forum!

Post by ChristopheF »

Thanks.
As you suggested, I edited the forum tables to replace my name (used to post the messages) by the name of each dungeon's author.

I noticed that the graphics.dat from the multilingual version of DM for PC contains all the strings used in the game (not only the item names) and in three languages (English, French and German). Do you plan to add support for this version in a future version of namedit? That would allow people to change the names of actions (like what Toni did with his hacked "Fires" file), the messages appearing when a champion progresses in a skill, the names of experience levels (novice, master), ...

Christophe
Zyx
DSA Master

Sure!

Post by Zyx »

Yes, I didn't have the multilingual version, but now that I know, I'll do it. I may also allow to edit the fires file and include everything in a new textmute (I lost the sources anyway, and I wanted to allow ordering by size and show original texts for textmute).
The date? Hmmm, maybe for Xmas...
sucinum
Pal Master

Re: Sure!

Post by sucinum »

it IS xmas...

btw, merry xmas (i hate it)
Zyx
DSA Master

Merry Xmas then!

Post by Zyx »

Did you ever see the children they get so excited...
They believe in dreams and all they mean, including heaven's generosity...

<a href="http://dmwebshare.free.fr/Forum/read.ph ... i=5&t=5</a>