Team dungeon story

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Team dungeon story

Post by beowuuf »

Hi, I just wrote a possible story for the team dungeon.
It is available at http://www.geocities.com/beowuuf/teamd.txt, though I can e-mail it to anyone that wants it.

It's a little grandious, but I thought it might be nice to put forward an idea since hopefully we are getting closer to an end. Someone should grab it and re-write it, and I can put that up in place of my suggestion, or we can just debate it here : ) .

Also, since we lost freedrive, does anyone not have a copy of the latest dungeon (v9)?
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zyx
DSA Master

a good idea

Post by Zyx »

I liked it. You integrated very well several elements. It gives more coherence to the whole dungeon.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: a good idea

Post by Gambit37 »

I haven't seen the team dungeon, so I can't comment on how the story ties into the gameplay.

From a readability perspective though, it does need some work. There are lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, and who is Gando? Is that Gordo? If so, why does the name change? Confusing.... ;)
Last edited by Gambit37 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Team dungeon story

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, Gambit, you've read some of my posts on the RTC board...I should be getting points for any coherence whatsoever. : )

Thanks zyx, if everyone else likes it too, I'll tighten up the writing and update it

And I'm back on my own computer again...hooray!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hmm, not really improved it too much (especially grammar!), but caught the spelling mistakes and tried to tighten it.
It's at the same address.

sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

how about beeing evil?
you have to enter the dungeon of good to steal the firestaff and destroy it to enable that LC comes back to life.
Zyx
DSA Master

Why not?

Post by Zyx »

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm having the dungeon right now, I should design the ending (the potion to be mixed to turn off the great flame...).
The Team, state your opinions about what you prefer. We may also combine both endings, so you have to "transform" the great flame with the potion into some sort of FUL YA PIT (Hmm, I have a great Idea about this- messing with he graphics.dat).
The last level should then include potions ingredients, the firestaff and a way to activate it...
Anyway, tell me what you think so I know what to do before designing my part... Or if someone else want to take it first, no problem.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I vote yeah for the evil ending...oooh, that's it, how about two endings!

There are two forms of the potion..one will kill the great flame, one will make it hotter...so you can choose to kill the great flame and use the firestaff to take out chaos, or you choose to power it up more, and destroy the firestaff for Lord Chaos (whether deliberately for evil gain, or because you were tricked to).

I still need to tweak the three corridors level, but i can do that later one

What else bneeds done with it?