Team dungeon...what's happening?

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Just wandered what is happening with the team dungeon atm.
Is anyone wanting to work on it just now?
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zyx
DSA Master

well..

Post by Zyx »

I could try to implement the idea for the last level if nobody is working on it. Where is the last version?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Team dungeon...what's happening?

Post by beowuuf »

Umm, I think on my hd!
It's version 9 anyway, so if you have that, you have the latest one.

I'll hunt for it tomorrow...must get sleep now : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

sucinum
Pal Master

Re:

Post by sucinum »

Ian Clark
Um Master

Re:

Post by Ian Clark »

I would like to improve my original level. So if someone would send it me, thanks. <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
sucinum
Pal Master

Re:

Post by sucinum »

i am ready with my levels and wait for the dungeon to be ready to do something without monsterbalancing, cash etc...
i hope beo or zyx do a bugfixing before (esp my levels are surely buggy as hell...).
atm zyx works on the great flame and we were about to discuss an ending...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I can send it to people if zyx isn't working on it
How the upload idea for your site coming along anyway Ian?

I've played it through ages ago and don't remember any massive bugs, so as far as I can tell all is good.

I STILL need to get those Elemental Corridor puzzles working, and maybe just extend the level a bit...but I can do that after everyone else has gotten their levels done

And I still vote for the double ending, of Good and destroy the great flame (or face chaos, or both ) and Evil, destroying the firestaff.

Actually, that could be it, you could choose good (destroy the flame), or evil (destroy the firestaff) but you can redeem yourself when you have the staff by going after choas with it instead ...so that's two paths, and three different endings.

Also, a decision on whether this is Chaos, or just some mad powerful bad guy : )
<p>
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year one and all

- Michael (Beowuuf)</p>

sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

sounds all good, but i want it to be complete one day...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Amber, unless zyx has made any changes, yours is the latest version (v9).

So who's wanting to working on it first out of you three then? <p>
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year one and all

- Michael (Beowuuf)</p>

Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I can work on it until Saturday. As for my other dungeon, I am just playtesting it. I'll get that up for tomorrow, hopefully :) . <p><font face=arial>Ian

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ok, if you don't have it, I uploaded it to
http://chaos.zpc.cz/jumpsite/dungeonv9.zip, though this is Amber's latest version, not one from zyx.

I'm just playtesting this one just now. : )

Look forward to seeing the new DM one!

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Just tried to play through the levels, here's what I found.

Money:
There's definitely not enough of it! I'd suggest a few more money stashes, and some scattered around the lower levels, and some prize gems later. For example, a few coins around the 'wake the dead' level, make a few low denonmination coins available in the key of b room on 'market and hive', a green and orange available for killing the knight on the arena, and maybe a blue and orange hidden on the finished level 9 under it.

Level stuff:
There was the start of a 'skeleton stairway' that would lead back to the hall of champions and shop, I think that should be continued to allow access later to the shop for more things.

The hack and slash level doesn't need all those cloned tiles (they actually cause monsters in the wrong places), as all levels can have up to 50 pads/wall objects/generators, and lots of the earlier ones don't have that much.
Incidentally, on that level the door beside the fountain is still a push buitton, when I'm guessing it shouldn't be.

If we can free up some teleporters (improbable i know) i think the two spinners in the main area of the amber realm were really cool and should be replaced (maybe take the two from the larger caverns on the amber realm instead?)

The stairwell below the arena means you can bypass it just now! So i didn't actually get to play that level fully, but i've played it through before. Two suggestions, maybe introducing a small delay in the main beholder genarator (like a 10 in the 8th byte) as otherwise the gigglers cause you to get about two deep in them before you know it!
Secondly, for the mummy generator, maybe steal the trick from csb that gives the generator an upper limit. You actually trigger a counting pad set to 'close, needs constant weight'. This way, until the counter reaches it's number, it keeps reinforcing an open effect to the generator and actibvates it. Otherwise I can see the level being flooded and it stopping other later generators from working.

And on level 10, i notice the haunted well isn't actually activated anymore and has been bypassed.

Any worms will need to be hacked so that their positional hex (6th byte i think) is D, not C.

A few things I'd like to do to my corridor level:
I'd like to have a blocking teleporter at the middle of the trial of oh' so that you can't run right to the other end as you can now.
I'd like to keep the trial on of ya as is except for only having four boulders in the chest.
I had an odd hanging crash there after being on it for wa while, even though there was nopticing happening to cause it! I was playing with the saved game though, but just thought I'd warn people.
I think I'll massively enlarge the 'what you can't see will kill you' room so that it's about 4/5 tiles across/deep. The invisible group is actually fairly lethal to an untrained-up party, so maybe a few ful/ven bombs hidden around earlier might be useful on earlier levels.

I also think I'll have either blue only, or green and blue boxes activate the eye of time regenerator.

Umm, so that's what I've found, do other people want to playtest now to get more ideas, or are we waiting for it to be fully completed?

<i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ubeowuuf.showP ... beowuuf</A> at: 1/2/02 3:41:27 pm
</i>

Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I put a delay on the beholder generator and will do that to the mummy one. I have redesigned my level slightly. I've changed it so you need 4 corbamites and a key to exit. I've also got rid of the knight in favour of putting Rock Piles all over the place just to keep you busy (thankfully, I haven't added any Rock Pile generators!). I'll upload both in a few days. I'll put the gems in there somewhere. <p><font face=arial>Ian

Zyx
DSA Master

Wait! WAIT! WAIT!

Post by Zyx »

WAIT!
Boys you're fast with this forum! It only took 3 days to have a whole book of posts!
I've been working on the teamdungeon a lot!
I studied and solved the money problem and the skeletton stairs and was setting the layout of penultimate level.
But also, I've been working huge amounts of time to alter the graphics.dat file. Hmm, I'd like to show you a sample, but I won't post it on a public place. I'll try to send it to you personnaly.
I had to put a real wall for Leyla Shadowseek's mirror.
Why? Well, try it. Resurrect her and look at her mirror...
Cool, isn't it?

So, Ian, did you already make a lot of changes?

Here are the email I know:
BNG-Amber@web.de
beowuuf@yahoo.com
So Ian, LMB, give me yours if you want to see the graphics.dat

Myself:
bprieu@yahoo.com
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: Wait! WAIT! WAIT!

Post by Ian Clark »

I've only made several changes, which I can make again. Email it to Ian@pulpsunrise.co.uk.

Let me know when you finish your work on the dungeon, if you send it me before sunday, I can work on it during next week. I'd be able to do quite a bit to my level, which I want to. Don't worry, it won't be as intense! I played it myself before and decided I did overdo it a little on the beholders. :lol:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sorry zyx, I couldn't remember if you had started or not with all the other DM things you've been doing recently : )

Zyx
DSA Master

Alright.

Post by Zyx »

I send the dungeon to you, Ian, so you'll decide yourself what to do with it. (Note that the money fix is not an obvious change!). I sent you the graphics as well.
LMB
Novice

Team Dungeon

Post by LMB »

Hi,

Can the latest file be sent to me after whoever has it, as i want do some little tweeks on my level (3).
-Q: Why was the text "Dont Wake The Dead" changed to "Dont Wake The Deads"?? I dont think "Deads" is a word!

Ta.
Zyx
DSA Master

For the end

Post by Zyx »

When everything is done, I'll take the dungeon to set the end. I'll probably use any empty level because I need several monsters!
Please tell me your feelings about the new graphics. I'm not a good artist (but now Drake is working on this), but
I had to do something to show the new possibilities! So now you're welcomed to do any suggestions or even send me the graphics you wish to replace.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hi, long time no hear LMB.

And lol, no idea why the wording changed...I think I noticed it the first time I played through the level though!

Zyx
DSA Master

My fault?

Post by Zyx »

I guess it was me then... I think I'm the only one messy enough to do such a thing. I probably needed to swap your text wall with another and had to rewrite it? I don't know, I can't remember! Sorry.
So Ian, what are the news with the dungeon?
Zyx
DSA Master

What´s up?

Post by Zyx »

How is it doing with the dungeon? Ayone working on it? Did anyone tried the graphics.dat?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I thought it was yourself or Ian that was working on it last : )

Zyx
DSA Master

Nope

Post by Zyx »

I sent it to Ian but he made no acknowledgement of its reception. I didn´t get any error message, though, so I guess he has it anyway. He's probably too busy?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

He did mention he was going to work on it on the forum a few weeks ago, but yup, gues it's that annoying r/l again : )

Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Don't worry - I was working on it then loads of unexpected events kept me busy. I shall have it done next week <p><font face=arial>Ian