work on wizzy dungeon ;)

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dmologist
Journeyman

work on wizzy dungeon ;)

Post by dmologist »

work started on a wizard type dungeon :)

Start practing those spells... you will need a fireball before going down(no not hard monster's but doors only able to open with fireball). heavy altering of hall of champions and early on you will notice the lack of "floor". no torch's in hte game period, all light must be provided by the characters(with the exception of non torch's that provide light). key's will most likely be carried by monsters or not needed. expect posion shooters in hte game and things requiring spells. so less hack and slash monsters and more ghosts ect. monster altering almost none save mostly for placing generators of monsters killed by magic ect. anyone know how to alter the dungeon.dat ect to allow more doors, teleporters ect? I have idea's and would like to use more then the game normally allows. not sure of a decent name for this dungeon yet, i'm sorta leaning on the tolkien wizard name, for now the file is called wizard.dat
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: work on wizzy dungeon ;)

Post by beowuuf »

Yep, the limit only exists because DMute alters the existing dungeon. If you are comfortable with hex editing there are bytes at the start you can change to up the maximum, though this will then invalidate the game to DMute.

Or, you can hold on, there is an editor in the works...

<p>
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year one and all

- Michael (Beowuuf)</p>
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
dmologist
Journeyman

details

Post by dmologist »

I'll continue working and when this new "all powerful" editor comes out i'll give it a whirl ;) oh i'm use to hex editing, heck i use to hex edit various games, and do play around with the "hexute" you might say(dmute's hex).