[Custom dungeon] The Core [DM PC] [Toni Ylisirniö]

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Toni Y
Adept

[Custom dungeon] The Core [DM PC] [Toni Ylisirniö]

Post by Toni Y »

Platform: DM PC
Author: Toni Ylisirniö
Date published: 2004, February 7
Date last updated: 2004, February 7

Notes:
About a year or so back I was working on a very complex new PC DM dungeon. However I never finished the project before succumbing to loss of time and interest. It's not very likely that I'll ever finish it, so I decided to release it as is, since it has (IMHO) some very nice architecture, some clever ideas and other things I'm sure are of interest to someone (assuming there are still people involved in the DM editing scene ;)).

The dungeon is complex set of non-linear intertwining and intersecting paths much like Chaos Strikes Back. (Well, that was the idea). The dungeon is built around a central core (featured prominiently in many levels) and has some special interest locations, such as the Graveyard on levels 7 and 8. There is a central room on level 6 which was supposed to be the starting hub for all the paths. Idea was to open the blocks in the room to gather the keys and open the gate south of the room to reach the climax (leads to a large empty hall on level 8 now :))

The paths go up and down, often both ways during single path. There were also several planned 'crossings' where the paths join, cross or share areas and 'balconies' where you could see parts of the other paths without being able to cross to them.

That's about as much as I can still remember and quickly glimpse from the Dungeon.DAT file. Have fun! :)

Download:
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
Des
Um Master

Post by Des »

Er, shouldn't it have a name - e.g. "The Core" ?

Very promising design BTW.
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

I never "officially" named it, and whatever name I used to call it is lost in the murky depths of history... The Core sounds good. I like it. :)

I'm also glad you like the design. I just wish I could've finished it. Oh well. I hope someone else will be inspired by it, or even finds himself compelled to finish it himself... *nudge nudge* ;)

After digging up my dusty old copy of DMute and these boards, I actually got inspired to make a new dundeon... Nothing as grandeur as the Core though. This one will be one tough little insanity inducing two-level puzzlebox... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I already have the perfect name for it: Madness of the Deceiver...
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As yours were the first dmute dungeons i played, and i still have that sense of awe at some of your puzzles and levels, then i look forward to checking this one out : )

my wrist still hates you for the end of filius though : )