[Custom dungeon] Escape! - I [RTC] [Mon Ful Ir]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
napoleonsdad
Neophyte

Post by napoleonsdad »

Yes, I accidently solved it. Seemed that the switch near the pit opened up a secret area that lead to another switch. I made the mistake of assuming that the switch near the pit only deposited a silver coing in the nearby alcove. Thanks!

Good dungeon, BTW. I'm still plodding along.

Gary
TyGuy6
Craftsman

Post by TyGuy6 »

Just finished this cute little dungeon. I really like the cohesion between the areas; if you left something behind that you need later (eg. rusty stuff) you can find it relatively quickly using the connected staircases.

Honestly, I thought the wall message at the fire hall about "closing vents" or something was rather misleading.
Spoiler
It was the only part of the dungeon with hidden walls and the only 'clue' gave no clues. That's kinda harsh.
I dropped things on the pressure plates first, then I went backward looking for vents: put an item in every alcove, killed those rock monsters and removed all the rock-junk. Other than the riddles, this was the hardest part of the dungeon, imho.

Otherwise, and notwithstanding, I loved the dungeon for the cheerful feeling it exuded, as opposed to more serious, CSB-like dungeons. Definitely a good dungeon for a casual or beginning player.
napoleonsdad
Neophyte

Post by napoleonsdad »

That part foiled me for quite a while as well. Really kind of a clever solution when solved. I tried facing the fireballs like a man with a fireshield spell but I died just the same.
Mon Ful Ir
Adept

Post by Mon Ful Ir »

Try Escape 2. I did re-use some of the challenges from this one (so you'll probably solve the Hall of Flame fairly quickly, for example)--but it's got some new ones too. :)
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: [New dungeon] Mini-dungeon for RTC

Post by Lunever »

I'm currently creating a list which custom dungeon works best with which engine version.

In the thread above you say it's for RTC V0.34, yet V0.33 will also allow to play it, however V0.32 won't, although the release date published would suggest V0.32 rather than V0.33. So I'm not entirely sure whether it's V0.34 or 0.33 - can you confirm the version information? Was it maybe created in V0.32 and then updated to V0.33, without the dates being updated on the Encyclopaedia?

Also, I'm currently gathering all dungeon data in order to preserve them and prevent data loss.
Would you maybe be willing to provide source files for backup purposes? Of course you alone decide, whether they shall be released publicly or not.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.