Maxwell..?

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
zoom
Grand Master

Maxwell..?

Post by zoom »

Just remembered a rather old screenshot, where all the champions in the party where called Maxwell.

I would like to know If anyone knows something about it and if that has any relevance at all .
Back then, I thought this were special champions or a cheat code

(sure there is the reincarnate option for rename).
I did not see the portraits, then It would have been clear.

Maybe someone here might have seen this screenshot also and can comment on the "connection?" Maxwell with DM
ofens
Neophyte

Re: Maxwell..?

Post by ofens »

You know what I saw this and it jogged a memory...was that in a magazine?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It was probably just a magazine screenshot where the reviewer had named all the champions the same. There's certainly nothing special about "Maxwell" in the context of DM.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

@ofens :
Yes, I think it was in a Magazine. Not sure, though. Could ´ve been Power Play/Happy Computer Mag..or something else.

There were no portraits shown, normal dungeon view where you only see the names, and as far as I remember no special items, like the moonstone involved (the testers seemed always to test the first 2 levels only! ok, at first I did not grasp how the game worked myself, I have to admit)
I know that screenshot so well(at least I think I know it well) because I wanted to know what champions they had chosen there.

Cool that there were some answers (have missed it before somehow) to this one, thanks.

@Gambit:
you´re most probably right. Thanks for your input , too. So Nothing special about maxwell then.
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

I still own a lot of those old magazines. Maybe when they fall in my hands again and I remember this, I'll look for it ;)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

When I got back into DM around 1999-2000, I was gutted to realise that I had disposed of all my old Amiga/ST magazines -- which had loads of DM news and reviews in them. Oh well !