Best prank ever :D

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Best prank ever :D

Post by Rasmus »

This is something priceless I managed to get away with at my work that I think others should try out :)

At work we sit at tables with monitors facing eachother with bluescreens in beetween so that we can't see eachother when sitting down. I noticed that our keyboardcables goes to USB extentioncords beetween the computers, so what I did when my colleague were on her break was to drag the USB cables for both her and mine keyboard so that they were in my reach without me having to do anything noticible.
So, after she came back from her break I waited an hour, then I told my other colleague to start a chat with her on the computer. A while into the chat I changed the USB:s so that everything she entered on her keyboard came up on my screen and everything I entered came up on hers..

Here is the best part..
At first she was complaing about that her keyboard didn't work, then after a couple of seconds I started writing "I hate you!!! (enter)", this resulted in that my other colleague (that also was a part of the prank) got this message on his chat.. At first it was quiet, then she halflaughed at the same time as she said "What's going on..". My other colleague that got the message raised from the table and asked her why she wrote that.. She started laughing even more and said that she didn't write it.. When I noticed that she was trying to enter stuff on her keyboard just to see if it worked, I wrote "Stop touching me!!".
At this time she pulled her chair away from her table and jelled on everybody to come look at her screen.
We all raised up and went to her computer. She was still halflauging which made it easier for us to laugh along but for another reason.. She wanted us to wait at her screen to see if it came any other typing (which it didn't because I wasn't at my keyboard).. We waited for awhile and then told her that it may be some computer virus or something, then we went back to our chairs..

At this time she still had her chair away from the table starring at the monitor talking in a frighten voice to us that she had goose-bumps.. We just laughed along and told her that it's probably nothing and that she should continue working. Then I switched back the cables so that she could start typing again.. But she didn't, she was just waiting and watching the screen for new words to appear.

At this point me and my other colleagues was felling abit bad and decided to end the prank (we talked to eachother with the officechat). So I put the cables back so that I could write on her screen.
Then I started writing "Rasm...". And she jumped up of her seat sceared to death jelling at me to come to the computer.. I just manage to finish the sentence before she had come to my table draging me over to hers.
Then she looked at the screen reading out loud what the last thing was I wrote.
"Rasmus is the greatest!!"
Before saying the last word she pushed me and started lauhing and calling me evil :D Me and my colleagues have never laughed so hard as we did then :D :D :D
After a couple of minutes repeating everthing that happened and explaining to her how we did it she admited that it was one of the greatest pranks ever! She had never been so frighten and excited at the same time before..
ian_scho
High Lord

Re: Best prank ever :D

Post by ian_scho »

evil evil evil she was right!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

LOL, that's a good one. Unfortunately, I can't do the same thing in my office. Wait.... perhaps if I... :idea:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

He he, nice one! Hard for me to do on working on my own, but... "Stop touching me!!" ... uh, what!!?!?!?
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

"Stop touching me!!"
Hehe, well, my translation from swedish to english may not be that good, but what I meant was that when she was trying to enter something on the keyboard I wanted it to look like the computer dissliked it :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yep, I understood that :) I realised though that this joke doesn't work in my comment above -- I was showing that my computer had hijacked what I was writing, but it obviously does not work...
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Haha, well you made me laugh now, so it sure worked after all :)
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

oh boy, oh man, watch out for the payback
keep your gor coin handy