Hello Again

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Heavymetal
Neophyte

Hello Again

Post by Heavymetal »

Hello everyone. I am a big time DM fan and long time reader / user / lurker and once a former member of this site and the DM Ency. Since DM is a game I come around to every so often, I was browsing through here the other day and I actually found some posts from me from back in early 2000ish. I barely even remember that, but I do remember all the great games and information I've gotten from this site, and it inspired me to re-register and try to be part of the community. I am not a developer or programmer, so I can't be of much use there, but as a gamer, I can give feedback/advice / endless opinions / and so on.

Just wanted to say hello, and thank you to everyone for these great sites. :D

Talk to ya soon,

Zach
Rasmus
Ee Master

Re: Hello Again

Post by Rasmus »

Hello Zach!

Welcome to the forum :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome back to the community. Conflux seems to have hit a bit of a resurgence, and Adamski has produced a great dungeon and bonus mini-dungeon under RTC. And I would be remiss if I didn't point out RAF68's new dungeon, or infact the stream of new-ish dungeons from Zed5Duke (especially Hack'n'Slash 2, which I don't think got as much feedback as the original). So there's tons of new dungeons, aswell as the old stuff. And of course people like Rasmus have projects ongoing right now to comment on too!

What was your DME username, anyway? You might be able to get it back if you wanted it, the users were all ported across to here.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Hello, Zach, and welcome (back)! :P
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
T0Mi
Expert

Post by T0Mi »

Welcome back, Zach!

I hope you will enjoy your stay. Don't worry about not being of much use in terms of coding or graphics. I'm a completely useless piece of junk and yet have somehow managed not to get banned. All banworthy offenses are projected upon Trantor anyway, who will happily take the ban so you won't have to. We are free thanks to him. Pray to Mophus if time allows. Just don't include him in your party. Strap.. Strange things will happen.

Have fun!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hey, welcome (back) to the forum :). I don't remember you from the first time around so hello :). Don't worry about the not-being-a-programmer thing - loads of us fit that description but we just have fun chatting and posting about random crap anyway :D.
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Yeah, I don't know anything about anything and get banned often as a result and... oh well, welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay! :D
Heavymetal
Neophyte

Post by Heavymetal »

Haha! Thanks guys. I was a member for a very brief time years back. It said I'd only posted 12 times under the name "ZachTheAngryDrunkenJew." At first I thought it might be someone else who happened to use a name I used to use, because I'd forgotten about it, then I realized something: who the heck (are we allowed to say hell?) other than me would use a name like that? For the record, I don't really want that handle back. Also, high Rasmus! This is the same Zach whose been keeping an e-mail correspondence about DM Tribute (in case you haven't figured that out. I don't mean to patronize anyone :D ) Anyway, once I get done with that one and work up the time, I'd be glad to try some more DM games/clones/custom dungeons. I thought DM II Legacy sounded cool, because Skullkeep had a lot of potential, it was just too easy, so a revamped and harder version sounded great. Anyway, thanks again everyone. See ya soon~
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I remember you - or the name, anyway! Didn't you also post on the Dm Java forums?
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Zach, I suspected that it was you, the timing were just to perfect ;) That's why I keept my welcome a bit short, waiting for your response :)
If you are intressted in trying out some clones, this really is the place for you! They pop up like crazy :)

And for you others out there, I really recommend Zach as a beta taster, he had alot of patiens with my DMT 1 clone, and thanks to him I have gotten back to work with it and fixed some of the major bugs and started working on my RTC map exporter!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah, I think the word "Hell" is not seen as that bad in this era.. ;) but you can use just about any 4 letter word you like in the informal section.. if you wanted to cut loose :D

at any rate.. welcome back :)
Heavymetal
Neophyte

Post by Heavymetal »

Thanks again everyone, and thank you for the suggestions Beo. I don't remember if I ever tried the DM Java forums, though I did download it before.

I still have RTC/CSBwin on my cpu that I always play time to time, and I just ran through TQ pretty quickly. Then I played Nexus (got to level 8 or 9 pretty quickly and easily, then stopped), and at the moment I've been thoroughly enjoying DM Tribute, and I downloaded Legacy, and Conflux too in the meantime, and I gotta say, Conflux has been confusing the hell outta me. I don't really know where to begin, but that's what dungeon crawling through the unknown is all about. I'll have to try out some of the other dungeons you mentioned. Can't wait.

Anyway, see you guys around camp.

Zach

p.s. - I've searched the DM ency, here, and the internet in general with little luck, but does anyone know a good site to find more translations for nexus? thanks~
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lunever was asking questions about some of the translations recently, and I think that ended up on a thread in the Nexus forum - would be near the top. Sophia managed to at least translate some of the scrolls.