need help to handle the RTCEditor

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lai
Adept

Re: need help to handle the RTCEditor

Post by Lai »

ah danke
oh thanks
:mrgreen:

i have a new question: :D
its complicatet to explain it at english, so i hope trantor will translate ;)

also, das ding ist, das ich einen trigger bauen möchte, der durch zwei faktoren erst aktiviert wird..zb durch das betätigen von zwei schaltern.
da aber die zwei schalter ihrerseits nicht in reihe geschaltet sind (dh beide sind aktiviert und können in beliebiger reihenfolge einmalig betätigt werden) weis ich einfach nicht wie ich das zu bauen habe. leider kann man ja nicht einstellen das man etwas aktivieren/auslösen möchte, mit der bedingung, das mehrere dinge zuvor betätigt worden sein müssen.
das heisst also, auch wenn ich zb zwei trigger in einem engen gang baue, die jeweils durch das umlegen des schalters aktiviert werden, könnte je nach reihenfolge die der spieler beim umlegen der schalter gewählt hat, bzw, und das ist das problem, wenn er nur einen der beiden umgelegt hat und sodann die stelle verlässt der finale trigger auslösen. ich hab erst geglaubt ich könne den umweg über ein relay oder ein counter gehen, aber im grunde ändert sich dadurch nichts.auch das wallitem "action" bietet mir da glaube kein ausweg.
ich bin mir relativ sicher, das es entweder in dm oder in csb eine derartige stelle gibt...ich weis nur nicht mehr wo, bzw wie es aufgebaut war, sodass ich die stelle nicht finden werde, um im editor des originals einfach nachzuschauen.
kurzform:
s1 = schalter1,aktiv
s2=schalter2,aktiv
t1=trigger,deaktiviert
s1+s2= aktiviert t1.
(da es sich hierbei nicht um zwei schalter handelt, sondern in wirklichkeit um zwei trigger die ausschliesslich auf zwei objekte reagieren, kann ich zb auch nicht über eine movable wall den lauf des spielers und somit die korrekte funktionsweise erzwingen, da ich ansonsten ein death end gebaut hätte, sollte der spieler nur einen der beiden richtigen gegenstände im inventory haben.wäre diese einschränkung nicht könnte der trigger (den ich zuvor schalter nannte) jeweils die wall togglen und egal welche reihenfolge der spieler wählt müsste er erst beide aktivieren ehe es weitergeht. das nur zur erleuterung).
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Since it's late and I'm tired, I won't provide a word-by-word translation, but try to summarize Lai's problem:

Lai wants to do a trigger that activates once two other switches/triggers have been activated, and it doesn't matter in which order those have been activated.

Wenn ich dich richtig verstehe, ist dein Problem folgendes: Die Schalter S1 und S2 sollen beide umgelegt werden, egal in welcher Reihenfolge. Sobald beide betätigt sind, wird Trigger T1 aktiviert. Das geht mit einem Counter. Setze den Counter auf 2, seine Action auf "Activate" und nimm als Target den Trigger, den du aktivieren möchtest. Gib den beiden Schalter S1 und S2 den Counter als Target (und als Action "Activate"). Counter funktionieren so: Werden sie mit "Activate" angesteuert, reduziert sich der Count um 1, bei "Deactivate" geht es dementsprechend um 1 nach oben. Wenn der Count auf 0 steht, wird die Action ausgeführt.
Wenn S1 und S2 keine Schalter, sondern Trigger sind, die auf bestimmte Objekte reagieren, so setz die beiden Trigger auf "Constant Weight". So werden die Trigger nur solange aktiviert, wie die entsprechenden Objekte auf dem Trigger liegen.

English:
If I understand correctly, your problem is the following: The switches S1 and S2 should both be used, no matter which one comes first. As soon as both are activated, the trigger T1 gets activated. You can do this with a counter. Set the count to 2, set the action to "activate" and choose the trigger you want to activate as its target. Make the counter the target of the switches S1 and S2 (and give them the action "activate"). Counters work like this: If they are targetted with "activate", the count reduces by 1, and it grows by 1 if you target them with "deactivate". If the count reaches 0, the action is performed.
If S1 and S2 are not switches, but triggers that work with certain objects, set both triggers to "constant weight". This way, the triggers will only be activated as long as the objects in question lie on the trigger.

I hope I understood you and the above is helpful. It does belong in the RTC Editing forum, however, so maybe someone can move this?
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

ah, thx to explain me the meaning of a counter...i think thats a info which i will need...
i will test it now,maybe i have to change only one detail: at my first version the trigger destroy the item..this way "constant weight" wont work, but i think this point arent so important.
fine, it works :idea:
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Oh, you can also make the trigger destroy the item, that should work fine as well. :)
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

i found this @ wilki
Torch Creates light

= Torch sconce, operated by hand, toggle, alternate state, targets light

+ weapon_torch

= Light, active, strength 100

but i do not understand how to target "light"
i could target a place at my build...

[is there a way that torches or laterns or something makes light without activating needed?
their just on the wall and makes light around themselfes?] edit:fixed

and what do "alternate state" ...found nothing about it
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

There is a FLOORITEM_LIGHT that you need to place first. Then target the light with your torch wall-item, set it to toggle. The light will go on and off each time the torch is placed in/removed from the torch holder.

"Alternate state" is the secondary image shown when you activate a switch. Blue gem switch, green gem switch, levers, torch holders, etc. --- all these have alternate states. If you tick the "alternate state" option, the other image will be shown -- so a green gem button will appear to be pressed in, for example.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

thx, it works

new question about how work the attack methods from monsters, especially to steal.
i can`t find out the difference between "steal" and "steal_mine".
i want to change a thief to steal out from characters inventory, not only their hands.
i have test both, but their only steal items from characters hand.

and i have to know too, how the following monster stats works:
movement (-> speed?,the more the movement speed increased??
jiggle (->the more the jiggle speed standing at same place incrased?)
flip ?

and, last question, if their steal something, could the designer setting up their try to escape?
i build a place where a lot of them appears..i now realize the player have just to stay at place and whack them all...but this
not my sense how to work this place

edit:
next step i want to insert some of the monsters from wiki.
i first test with stone dragon, after a while (hours HEHE) im at the point i could few all the images after clone a red dragon and want to change front etc..
but i get the message "Bitmap size mismatch for "Bitmap_Monster_Dragon_Stone_Front" given 186,214.Excepting 104,120."
thats something i dont understand, i thought the images from wiki are for that i want to use them.
cause i am a fan of trial and error (especially last one) i just ignore all the messages,saved and take a look and the build. but as expectet it crashed...HEHE
at this point i have no idea what i could change or do to make this little stone dragon work
Leonardron
Neophyte

Post by Leonardron »

Thanks !!!!This was my probem too and your answer help me to conekt the switches with the counterto open a door.
( sorry my englich is not so good ( a came out Germany, I am 48 Years old and my favorite game was and is Dundeon Master abd his clones)
also thanks and a hope you make this for a löng time ago
Leonardron
Neophyte

Post by Leonardron »

PS : Hallo Trantor - Hab beim 2. hinsehen entdeckt das du aus Berlin kommst.
Also nochmal Danke für die tolle Hilfe - hoffe auch auf Hilfe falls ich wiedermal nicht weiter weiß .
Hab in meinen jungen Jahren DM,CSB,EOB 1-3,Black Crypt, etc. mit Leidenschaft gespielt und
ärgere mich das mir diese Seiten und der RTC nicht schon früher aufgefallen sind.
Eine Frage hätte ich da noch - Wie und wo kann man seine Dungeons für den RTC ins Netz stellen ?
( falls ich mal einen hinbekomme sollte - Ideen hab ich genug )
Und eine letzte Frage noch : Kann man hier auch in Deutsch Fragen bzw. Antworten ?

Also Danke nochmal und weiter so !!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Hi Leonardron, willkommen im Forum! :D Immer wieder schön, neue alte DM-Liebhaber hier begrüßen zu dürfen!

Mit deutschen Fragen ist das so eine Sache. Klar kann man das machen, aber zum einen bekommt man dann natürlich weniger Antworten, zum anderen finden es manche etwas ärgerlich, wenn sie nichts verstehen können (ich gehöre allerdings nicht dazu). Für konkrete Fragen am besten einen neuen Thread mit aussagekräftigem Titel aufmachen, und ein Zusatz "(German)" im Threadtitel schadet sicher auch nix. Evtl. kann dann auch einer der Deutschen hier den Übersetzer spielen, falls gewünscht. Du kannst mich auch gern per PM oder Email erreichen. In meinem Profil findest du auch meine ICQ-Nummer. Der große RTC-Experte bin ich allerdings nicht, da warne ich lieber schon mal vor. :wink:

Was eigene Dungeons angeht: Einfach bauen und irgendwo im Netz hochladen (gibt ja kostenlosen Webspace, einfach danach googlen) und hier einen Link posten. Ansonsten kannst du auch gern den Administrator Beowuuf anschreiben, er stellt Dungeons von Forummitgliedern auch gern ein.

Viel Spaß noch hier im Forum! :D

To all you non-Germans, I basically welcomed Leonardron and offered him help. I also told him that he can pose questions in German if he puts the question in a new thread with an addition like "(German)" in the thread title and that Beo won't mind hosting dungeons. I hope I won't get banned for that offer...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sounds reasonable to me, and indeed I can host any dungeons on the dm.com webspace or my own.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

guten taaaaag, bzw willkommen
ich war in letzter zeit ziemlich inaktiv, freue mich aber auch insbesondere über (deutschsprachige) neuzugänge!

sollte wirklich mal an meinem mini-dungeon weiter basteln, ansich macht das ja riesen spass...

i welcomed him too and told that im happy for all new users, especially if their german speaking.