specific rank?

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
greatstone
The data extractor

specific rank?

Post by greatstone »

Eyh? What is this "Apprentice" rank for my avatar?
Am I really an apprentice? mmmmmmm
ok, ok, I don't speak a lot, but my time is for DM in all the case :)
Can't we have dedicated outline? No?
ok, ok, I go back to my code...

G.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: specific rank?

Post by Gambit37 »

All members have the basic Dungeon Master levels: the more you post, the higher ranking you will receive :)
If you want a unique, specific rank just for yourself, let me know and I'll create it for you :)
greatstone
The data extractor

Post by greatstone »

Yes please, give me one: "The data extractor".
It will give me more motivation to go on with sck releases :)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Thought custom titles were only available once you get to Archmaster or something? Well, obviously an Admin could change someone's title any time they want, but I seem to remember a conversation somewhere, aaaages ago,saying you had to go through all the normal DM ranks before you could pick your own. Or maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's changed since then - that was a few years ago, after all ;).
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

You're right, Ameena. You must have at least 1050 posts for BW to notice your existence and give you a specific rank so he's able to punish you more severely for your behaviour. :wink: I had to spam the forums for two years with my off-topic nonsense comments to be able to achieve the 'Mighty Pirate' rank. :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Maybe releasing software for the DM community is equivalent to several hundred forum posts? :wink:
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I think that creators of such cool software as SCK can be allowed to bypass the normal ranking process ;-) Either that, or I was unaware of Beo's rule and I can't now retract my offer. Done!
greatstone
The data extractor

Post by greatstone »

Thanks!
And I clearly prefer to offer you my time to do sck releases and extraction stuff than 10 posts by day just to try to reach the higher rank.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I think it's mainly an issue of contributing. Making lots of posts contributes to the community, but releasing cool stuff does too, and we certainly shouldn't punish people for doing interesting stuff rather than hanging around here making posts. :P
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, the only real reason for the personalised rankings was because DM stops after Archmaster, so why not let people have a personalised ranking once their title stopped canonically changing, rather than be stuck with one of ours.

The reason I've stuck to it being that high rather than anything else was so that a) no-one would feel that there was a clique you had to be part of to get one, or feel slighted that they weren't being given a rank, and b) give a decently spaced point that was highlighted, where someone could feel comfortable asking for one.

Nothing more sinister than that really.