some questions

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lai
Adept

some questions

Post by Lai »

first just one, i think some new asks will follow :D
i want to build just a water fountain, which changes a empty bottle eg in a vi potion.
ive clone the water fountain, and first step i make click 2-8 "empty" (new object & sound = NULL, action:ACTION_NONE,object 1+2=NULL)
at the first click i changed just:
action: ACTION_SWAP_MOUSE
object1: FLASK_EMPTY
object2: FLASK_POTION_VI
strenght:0
this works finde, but just one time...i want it to work forever, like the normal waterfountain does his job forever too
i now realize that this just works at the first click, also without item in hand. hmh

i want to build a spot, where i have the monster death cloud which could be togglen on/off
Lai
Adept

Re: some questions

Post by Lai »

i hope someone could answer me question 1+2

which way i could destroy with "action" a item in hand (not left or right hand, the "mouse" hand).
i need this to build:
place a the player could take a tapestry from the wand, at place b he have to put in on the wall.

ahh...found it out:
action swap mouse: #1 tapestry #2 hand empty
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

1) I've not experimented with fountains very much. I just looked at the default fountains: on Click 8, they create a misc bottle of drinking water. I have no idea why that's been setup like that, it seems like a mistake. I would remove Click 8 and set it to NULL/NONE (you did say you already did this, but are you sure?) Also, make sure that with all your Convert tabs, you are converting to your cloned fountain, and not the original -- I suspect that is messing things up for you.

2) I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain more clearly what you want to do?

3) "Take a tapestry from the wand" I don't understand, sorry. Do you mean remove a tapestry from one wall and place it on a different wall?
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Gambit37 wrote:on Click 8, they create a misc bottle of drinking water. I have no idea why that's been setup like that, it seems like a mistake. I would remove Click 8 and set it to NULL/NONE
No, this is the mechanic that lets you drink from a fountain.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

3)
yes remove the item tapestry from wall and just add it at another place...i have managed this
2)
i want to appear a "dungeon_cloud_monster" (the graphic which appear if a monster dies) in a corridor, triggering bei a relay or trigger or something.
1)
i remove all "click" slots the way i write.
the swap action (eg change empty bottle in hand into ful bomb) works, but only if the first click at the fountain are with a empty bottle in hand.
if the first click are with empty hand, the swap action will not work
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Sophia wrote:
Gambit37 wrote:on Click 8, they create a misc bottle of drinking water. I have no idea why that's been setup like that, it seems like a mistake. I would remove Click 8 and set it to NULL/NONE
No, this is the mechanic that lets you drink from a fountain.
That's weird. The action is ACTION_CREATE_NEW_IN_MOUSE with a parameter of MISC_DRINKING_WATER. That should create a flask of water in an empty mouse hand, shouldn't it (Never tried using that action before). Has GG hardcoded an exception to automatically make the player DRINK this item newly created in the mouse? EDIT: ANSWER = YES. *Sigh* what more strange hardcoded unknown bits and pieces remain to be found...

Lai: I'm not sure what your problem is with flasks only working once. Here's some code for a working fountain that works for me (although I removed the ability to drink from the fountain and just made it work with DM and DM2 flasks and waterskins):

Code: Select all

ADD		WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_NEW		CLONES=(WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_LION)			NAME=(WATER FOUNTAIN (BOTA/FLASK))	CONVERT_CLICK1=(NEW_OBJECT:WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_NEW,ACTION:ACTION_SWAP_MOUSE,ACTION_OBJECT1:FLASK_EMPTY,ACTION_OBJECT2:FLASK_WATER_DM2,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	CONVERT_CLICK2=(NEW_OBJECT:WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_NEW)	CONVERT_CLICK3=(NEW_OBJECT:WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_NEW)	CONVERT_CLICK4=(NEW_OBJECT:WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_NEW)	CONVERT_CLICK5=(NEW_OBJECT:WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_NEW,ACTION:ACTION_SWAP_MOUSE,ACTION_OBJECT1:FLASK_EMPTY_DM2,ACTION_OBJECT2:FLASK_WATER_DM2,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	CONVERT_CLICK6=(NEW_OBJECT:WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_NEW,ACTION:ACTION_SWAP_MOUSE,ACTION_OBJECT1:MISC_BOTA_EMPTY,ACTION_OBJECT2:MISC_BOTA_FULL,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	CONVERT_CLICK7=(NEW_OBJECT:WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_NEW,ACTION:ACTION_SWAP_MOUSE,ACTION_OBJECT1:MISC_BOTA_AEMPTY,ACTION_OBJECT2:MISC_BOTA_FULL,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	CONVERT_CLICK8=(NEW_OBJECT:WALLITEM_FOUNTAIN_NEW,ACTION:ACTION_SWAP_MOUSE,ACTION_OBJECT1:MISC_BOTA_AFULL,ACTION_OBJECT2:MISC_BOTA_FULL,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

this is my clone:
the intention: if the player click the fountain with blank hands or the wrong item carrying, i wish that the fountains properties as like a usual fontain.
but if he click the clone fountain with the right item (at this example a drumstick) ,i want a)the drumstick change into a bone b) the fountain change into evil fountain.
i also want that this works, if the player needs to test some items before he take the right one.

ADD		FLOORITEM_FOUNTAIN_DRUMSTICK	CLONES=(FLOORITEM_FOUNTAIN)				NAME=(FOUNTAIN DRUMSTICK)	CONVERT_CLICK1=(NEW_OBJECT:FLOORITEM_FOUNTAIN_EVIL,ACTION:ACTION_SWAP_MOUSE,ACTION_OBJECT1:FOOD_DRUMSTICK,ACTION_OBJECT2:MISC_BONE,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	CONVERT_CLICK2=(NEW_OBJECT:NULL,ACTION:ACTION_NONE,ACTION_OBJECT1:NULL,ACTION_OBJECT2:NULL,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	CONVERT_CLICK3=(NEW_OBJECT:NULL,ACTION:ACTION_NONE,ACTION_OBJECT1:NULL,ACTION_OBJECT2:NULL,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	CONVERT_CLICK4=(NEW_OBJECT:NULL,ACTION:ACTION_NONE,ACTION_OBJECT1:NULL,ACTION_OBJECT2:NULL,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	CONVERT_CLICK8=(NEW_OBJECT:NULL,ACTION:ACTION_NONE,ACTION_OBJECT1:NULL,ACTION_OBJECT2:NULL,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)	
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oh right, you are cloning a flooritem, not a wall item. There are some problems with click zones on flooritems, you have to click on the lower right hand side of them to ensure they always respond to a click. Sometimes if you click on the left side, nothing happens.

Anyway, what you describe is more complicated and requires a more mechanics. I'm going to bed now -- it's 3am. I'll try and help you with this later in the week.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

ah...ok...i have thought its simple to do ;)
thank u for the moment
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Actually, you can probably do it just with TWO clones of the fountain and various types of ACTIONS to swap fountain types. Perhaps that will give you some ideas on how to do it...
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Gambit37 wrote:Has GG hardcoded an exception to automatically make the player DRINK this item newly created in the mouse? EDIT: ANSWER = YES. *Sigh* what more strange hardcoded unknown bits and pieces remain to be found...
It isn't hardcoded, actually. It's an odd little bit of mechanics: MISC_DRINKING_WATER has a lifetime of -1, and when it expires, it performs an ACTION_BOOST_BYOBJECT with an operand of a normal flask of water, with a sound of the normal eating/drinking gulp. I wonder if George did it this way just to show that he could make wacky mechanics in his own engine as good as any of the rest of us. :P
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

new ask...
4)
i want to clone a monster, which does the following action (to all members) if it dies:
GAIN_EXPERIENCE_WIZARD
ive trying this about hours... but cant handle it.
i know that if i build something let me gain experience using eg a leaver, i have to set operatet by: "each living party member".
in order to this, i tried to clone a leaver (leaver cause i think i have to set up operatet by "each living party member") with unique name, and set up the monster to toggle this unique leaver if dies. if i use a relay i cant set up operatet by.
but it seems that my little "unique leaver name trick" dont mean that this unique one are the target.

i also tried a lot of other ideas to manage this, but i do not get my gain :oops:

edit:
to understand how this part of cloning monsters works are the precondition to build things like monster which need to kill in order to open doors their guarding.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Some answers for you,

1. I have done this exact same thing in my dungeon, and it's actually quite easy to do. Not sure why you cloned a drumstick, you should just clone a fountain. Just swap the flask as you mentioned and remember to have the fountain convert back into your new cloned fountain, that way it will always function that way. For click 8 you can just make a new item that functions much like the misc drinking water only have it buff with a vi potion if you want. This will just instantly heal you by directly drinking from it.

2. You can create monster clouds using the create new on floor action. If you have a certain tile you wish something to happen at just set 2 triggers there. One will activate the create new on floor action, which will then default to that space, and one will have it's opby set to the monster cloud to do whatever you want. You can then activate the first trigger behind the scenes by means of an invisible object teleporting to its location and activating it if you want.(I'm not sure when you want the cloud to appear, but it can be done many ways)

4. I don't understand what the lever has to do with anything, I would stick to using relay and triggers for this. If a monster is activating such an action directly, it will not work, since it's actually trying to affect the monster with a party based action. You will need to set up a series of relays/triggers starting with the one on the monster's death that will allow the opby become the party instead.

The opby "each party member" is best used with triggers, so one way of doing this could be to have the monsters death activate a trigger under the party with then is activated by the each party member op. Problem with this is, since you can't teleport triggers, you will have to copy this trigger and place it all over the area the monster is in.(So it might by too messy if this area is large) Just make sure the monster's death relay quickly deactivates the triggers too so the party can't run around and activate more than one.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

hmh
1)
i do not have cloned a drumstick, i have cloned the fountain and just called it FLOORITEM_FOUNTAIN_DRUMSTICK because i have cloned 3 fountains with different items to activate their special ability (and need to see which of them what does if i paste them into my dungeon)
ADD FLOORITEM_FOUNTAIN_DRUMSTICK CLONES=(FLOORITEM_FOUNTAIN) NAME=(FOUNTAIN DRUMSTICK) CONVERT_CLICK1=(NEW_OBJECT:FLOORITEM_FOUNTAIN_EVIL,ACTION:ACTION_SWAP_MOUSE,ACTION_OBJECT1:FOOD_DRUMSTICK,ACTION_OBJECT2:MISC_BONE,ACTION_STRENGTH:0)

i think my malfunction have something to do with this part u told me
Just swap the flask as you mentioned and remember to have the fountain convert back into your new cloned fountain, that way it will always function that way.
my cloned fountain:

about 2+4 i have to think about it first and test, if i could build it the way i want
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

i do not have cloned a drumstick, i have cloned the fountain and just called it FLOORITEM_FOUNTAIN_DRUMSTICK
Ah, I read that wrong. What a silly name for a fountain :) I take it drumsticks act as healing potions in your dungeon?
CONVERT_CLICK1=(NEW_OBJECT:FLOORITEM_FOUNTAIN_EVIL
Yep, that's the problem.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

now i have manage my fountains, thank u very much... it cant change them into evil fountain.
but the first design idea i have (if the player understand the function of this fountains) was to wrappe them into a cloud.
i take a look if i could manage this

edit:
with create_item_on floor i could create my cloud, but it appears at the place where the trigger determine if the conditions be conformed (condition: new item swaped from cloned fountain). my first idea to just build at this place a teleporter which operated by dungeon_cloud_monster in order to target the fountain tile dont work...dont know why.
i think i have to clone some object (eg: a rock) which are invisible...but i have absolute no idea how to make a item invisible. it also have to be soundless i think, cause for this special build the destination-tile are blocked with the fountain, so the trigger which are operatet by this invisible item should worked by the item fkying "over" it and stops flying at a wall
edit:
to make a rock soundless are no problem, i just delete the hit sound into null_. to make it invisible it dont work to just delete the dungeon bitmaps into null_ this way the item cant be shoot from shooter or trigger something

edit: solved :D
i now delete the correct bitmaps, the cloned rock are now soundless and invisible. also my mechanism works as intend.
to trigger something with invisible items are very awful and im sure this would me help some more times
Last edited by Lai on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

To make an invisible object just make a new bitmap with no art and replace the rock art with it. If you use Null for the bitmap the game doesn't seem to recognize the item exist. Then you will want to teleport the invisible rock back to another location(like it's original location) after it's activated the trigger. That way the player can't accidentally find it by clicking around. You can also then use this same item to trigger it multiple times or use it for other triggers.

Teleporting items don't need to fly, just have it teleport right to the fountains square, it won't block it. Then use "on trigger" not over.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

yes, ive rebuild it like youre told me and delete the shooter i first work with.
the trigger which activatet the teleporter to teleport the invisible rocks back have a small delay about 1, to assure it dont get lost.
now i will take a look whats about my gain problem...
i think i have to give the monster the invisible rock, and just setup the area (where the monster could die) with 2 trigger each tile:
first acticate the action_gain, second activates some relays which destroy with a delay = 1 all the triggers in this area.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Lai, Have you tried using the PARTY_TILE item? Do you know how it works? It can be a useful tool to avoid having to create lots of triggers over the dungeon.

The basic idea is like this:

1) Clone a TRIGGER and call it something like TRIGGER_ACTIVATED_ON_MONSTER_DEATH.
2) Place a FLOORITEM_PARTY_TILE in a hidden square somewhere on your map. NOTE: You can ONLY PLACE ONE OF THESE IN YOUR GAME.
3) PlLace your TRIGGER_ACTIVATED_ON_MONSTER_DEATH on the same tile as the PARTY_TILE. Set the trigger to Inactive, and set up the rest of it;s conditions to fire ACTIONS that give out your party experience.
4) Edit your monster so that it's death performs an ACTION_OBJECT_ACTIVATE on the TRIGGER_ACTIVATED_ON_MONSTER_DEATH. (You will also need to destroy the TRIGGER_ACTIVATED_ON_MONSTER_DEATH after a small delay.)

The monster will die and make the trigger active. When the party next moves, they will trigger the cloned trigger, which will give experience to the party. The reason you also need to destroy the trigger immediately is so that they don't get extra experience the next time the party moves -- otherwise after a few steps they would become uber powerful!
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

this sound awful too :D
i will test it...and maybe there will be some questions. its makes a lot of fun to build and understand the editor step by step better :)
at this moment i clone my monster and have to understand, what the stats means, especially which from them are setting up the casting speed from a monster.
for the one i now wish to build i prefer small damage per spell but high speed to make this fight unique
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

im at this step:
3) PlLace your TRIGGER_ACTIVATED_ON_MONSTER_DEATH on the same tile as the PARTY_TILE. Set the trigger to Inactive, and set up the rest of it;s conditions to fire ACTIONS that give out your party experience.
i dont know what i should set up at operated by
i test each_living_party_member

it seemed to be working...:) now i to build the destroy mechanism
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Gambit's right about the party tile, it sounds like the best option for your situation. Forgot about party tile when I posted before.

Even if you don't use it, and are putting down triggers in the area, make sure to have them a special cloned trigger. That way you can do a global action and deactivate them all at once without having to target them individually.
Last edited by Soaponarope on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

at this moment i clone my monster and have to understand, what the stats means, especially which from them are setting up the casting speed from a monster.
for the one i now wish to build i prefer small damage per spell but high speed to make this fight unique
I have figured out the mechanics/stats behind most everything in RTC through a lot of testing as I redid all the monsters and items in my dungeon. I'll be happy to answer questions on that as I know George left a lot of mystery there. I don't check the boards very often and only read this forum, though once my dungeon is posted on here, I'll be checking in more to answer questions.

As for casting speed, this is very hard to do. The time delay on attack methods does not apply to monsters casting spells and you will have to set up a complex series of relays in order to time them differently than the default.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

ah, ok....i have to test my actual settings for it with normal practice chars to see if the player could handle this. the test character need his 999mana to nuke it down.
otherwise, to create a monster with attack_method_create_minion_attack_evil and casting darkness could create a sudden and confusing game situation, but it casts both very slow
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

5)
something special, i think:
i want to build a indoor mechanism with a black flame at the basement and a void_floor above it, in order to heavy rain will the only way to kill the black flame. to trigger the rain on/off are no problem, but the vloid are much to low....hehe
it looks funny
how could i let the void fly higher in the corridor?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

5) It's a fiddly process!

a) You need to get copies of the images used by the VOID and import them into RTC as new images.
b) When you import them, you need to change the Y offset for all the images. Add ~80 to the Y value to push them up the screen (you'll need to experiment with the exact number to add).
c) You then clone the VOID, and in your new clone, you change all the bitmaps to your new bitmaps with the changed Y offsets.

It probably won't look right though because the perspective will be wrong, but this is the quickest solution. I can see that it would be a lot easier to setup in DSB :-)
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

OoOoOooOook!
i just build openables pit one floor up
:mrgreen:
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

6)
in order to build a new unique puzzle, i have to understand how character mirrows and the action remove_character_from_party.
three questions:
a)
are there any way, i can specify which character would move?
the object1 for the action are a unique mirrow. it seems the first use of this mechanism remove the first character from party into this unique mirrow, second move the second. the third and fourth character seemded to cant change this way....i dont know if this cause my "test-party" are just two?! hmhhh
b)
very importent: i test this while my test-character wear some stuff. all his stuff droped at the floor. my question is if this are safe? if the removed character dont drop all his items (and some of them get lost) this mechanism may be a dead-end.
c)
are there any way to avoid the choose "reincarnate" button when the player get his character back? otherwise this would be a unintential cheat.

to solve this riddle the player has to remove temporary one charcater from party at least.to assure he takes his old character back, the new one are totally crap.
d)in order to this i realize while writing this i have to assure the player have to take two character at least. are there any way or are the only way told the player eg place he would download the custom game?

edit:
f)
in order to solve my riddle, the player have to kill this new character, and put his bones into vi altar.(i want to do the altar of vi twice: give the character his life back, and trigger my action).
this altar are also a trigger, triggered by characters name bones (i clone bones and call them eg stupid_bones cause the char named stupid. while testing the mechanism i cant realize a difference between my cloned "stupid_bones" and the "real" bones from dying character stupid. the real bones do not trigger the altar, the character just get life back. with my cloned bones which looked ingame absolutely same the altar trigger the way i want.

edit2:
f) are solved..
was easy. i just change "bones" from misc_bones into stupid_bones while clone this character
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't know about 6a

6b: Use REMOVE_CHARACTER_AND_ITEMS_FROM_PARTY if you don't want them to drop their stuff.

6c: If you clone a mirror, you can select Reincarnate/Resurrect options under the Other tab. WARNING: If you use cloned mirrors YOU CANNOT PUT ANY ITEMS IN THEIR MIRROR or it will cause this bug: http://dungeon-master.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=27777
I recommend you DO NOT use cloned mirrors

6d: There are many different ways you can force the player to select 2 characters. I can't even begin to describe all the possibilities. ;)

6f: You can't clone a character's real bones. These are a special object that cannot be accessed in the editor. EDIT: I see you found the proper way of doing this ;-)

Where is 6e? ;)
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

first of all i have to thank you, cause ure not tired to read my...special questions boxed in special language :mrgreen:

c)
i have change this clone and setup the action into "normal" mirrow...ill look if this works too.
b)
its mentioned all the stuff droped (player maybe annoyed about this)at the floor, the matter are the question, if some of the stuff maybe get lost.
d) hmhhhhhhhhhhhhh
this may be a riddle, right? HEHE
i think one of the pissibilities are enough for me. especial the easy one
a)
i think i have edited this question while youre answering..
in order to test if i also could change char 3 + 4 from my party i just cloned 2 new and add them to the party (setup/party). if i add them, i entering my dungeon without just one of the four test characters... dont understand this. thei all have unique names

hmh...a) are a mystery

CHARACTER_4			NAME=(4)							GENDER=(M)	STATS=(300,250,200)	EXP=(8.0,8.0,8.0,8.0)		ATTRS=(60,60,60,60,60,60)		HIDDEN=(100,100,100,100,100,100)	OTHER=(-1,-1,0,0)	BITMAPS=(PORTRAIT_MIRROR:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_SERI,PORTRAIT_PARTY:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_SERI,HAND_WEAPON:BITMAP_ICON_PARTY_HAND,HAND_MOUSE:NULL)	METHODS=(ATTACK_METHOD_PUNCH,ATTACK_METHOD_KICK,ATTACK_METHOD_WAR_CRY)	BONES=(MISC_BONES)
CHARACTER_3			NAME=(3)							GENDER=(M)	STATS=(300,250,150)	EXP=(7.0,7.0,7.0,7.0)		ATTRS=(55,55,55,50,55,55)		HIDDEN=(100,100,100,100,100,100)	OTHER=(-1,-1,0,0)	BITMAPS=(PORTRAIT_MIRROR:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_TRESA,PORTRAIT_PARTY:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_TRESA,HAND_WEAPON:BITMAP_ICON_PARTY_HAND,HAND_MOUSE:NULL)	METHODS=(ATTACK_METHOD_PUNCH,ATTACK_METHOD_KICK,ATTACK_METHOD_WAR_CRY)	BONES=(MISC_BONES)
CHARACTER_TEST		NAME=(TEST)							GENDER=(M)	STATS=(999,999,999)	EXP=(15.0,15.0,15.0,15.0)	ATTRS=(255,255,255,255,255,255)	HIDDEN=(100,100,100,100,100,100)	OTHER=(30000,30000,0,0)	BITMAPS=(PORTRAIT_MIRROR:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_ZED,PORTRAIT_PARTY:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_ZED,HAND_WEAPON:BITMAP_ICON_PARTY_HAND,HAND_MOUSE:NULL)	METHODS=(ATTACK_METHOD_PUNCH,ATTACK_METHOD_KICK,ATTACK_METHOD_WAR_CRY)	BONES=(MISC_BONES)
CHARACTER_GAIN		NAME=(GAIN)							GENDER=(M)	STATS=(400,400,400)	EXP=(6.0,6.0,6.0,6.0)		ATTRS=(60,60,50,50,50,50)		HIDDEN=(100,100,100,100,100,100)	OTHER=(-1,-1,0,0)	BITMAPS=(PORTRAIT_MIRROR:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_AIRWING,PORTRAIT_PARTY:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_AIRWING,HAND_WEAPON:BITMAP_ICON_PARTY_HAND,HAND_MOUSE:NULL)	METHODS=(ATTACK_METHOD_PUNCH,ATTACK_METHOD_KICK,ATTACK_METHOD_WAR_CRY)	BONES=(MISC_BONES)

/******************************************************************************/
/* Party                                                                      */
/******************************************************************************/
[Party]
CHARACTER_TEST
CHARACTER_GAIN

/* Layout                                                                     */

as soon i add 3+4 in party, the total party are erased. character_gain i do myself too, cant see the different between _gain and _3 or _4

if i take now _3 and _4 (setup/paryt) it changed to this:

CHARACTER_TEST		NAME=(TEST)							GENDER=(M)	STATS=(999,999,999)	EXP=(15.0,15.0,15.0,15.0)	ATTRS=(255,255,255,255,255,255)	HIDDEN=(100,100,100,100,100,100)	OTHER=(30000,30000,0,0)	BITMAPS=(PORTRAIT_MIRROR:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_ZED,PORTRAIT_PARTY:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_ZED,HAND_WEAPON:BITMAP_ICON_PARTY_HAND,HAND_MOUSE:NULL)	METHODS=(ATTACK_METHOD_PUNCH,ATTACK_METHOD_KICK,ATTACK_METHOD_WAR_CRY)	BONES=(MISC_BONES)
CHARACTER_GAIN		NAME=(GAIN)							GENDER=(M)	STATS=(400,400,400)	EXP=(6.0,6.0,6.0,6.0)		ATTRS=(60,60,50,50,50,50)		HIDDEN=(100,100,100,100,100,100)	OTHER=(-1,-1,0,0)	BITMAPS=(PORTRAIT_MIRROR:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_AIRWING,PORTRAIT_PARTY:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_AIRWING,HAND_WEAPON:BITMAP_ICON_PARTY_HAND,HAND_MOUSE:NULL)	METHODS=(ATTACK_METHOD_PUNCH,ATTACK_METHOD_KICK,ATTACK_METHOD_WAR_CRY)	BONES=(MISC_BONES)
CHARACTER_3			NAME=(3)							GENDER=(M)	STATS=(300,250,150)	EXP=(7.0,7.0,7.0,7.0)		ATTRS=(55,55,55,50,55,55)		HIDDEN=(100,100,100,100,100,100)	OTHER=(-1,-1,0,0)	BITMAPS=(PORTRAIT_MIRROR:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_TRESA,PORTRAIT_PARTY:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_TRESA,HAND_WEAPON:BITMAP_ICON_PARTY_HAND,HAND_MOUSE:NULL)	METHODS=(ATTACK_METHOD_PUNCH,ATTACK_METHOD_KICK,ATTACK_METHOD_WAR_CRY)	BONES=(MISC_BONES)
CHARACTER_4			NAME=(4)							GENDER=(M)	STATS=(300,250,200)	EXP=(8.0,8.0,8.0,8.0)		ATTRS=(60,60,60,60,60,60)		HIDDEN=(100,100,100,100,100,100)	OTHER=(-1,-1,0,0)	BITMAPS=(PORTRAIT_MIRROR:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_SERI,PORTRAIT_PARTY:BITMAP_PORTRAIT_SERI,HAND_WEAPON:BITMAP_ICON_PARTY_HAND,HAND_MOUSE:NULL)	METHODS=(ATTACK_METHOD_PUNCH,ATTACK_METHOD_KICK,ATTACK_METHOD_WAR_CRY)	BONES=(MISC_BONES)

/* Layout                                                                     */
[Layout]