Potion to Raise Max Health

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Potion to Raise Max Health

Post by Soaponarope »

I want to create a limited potion that heals you and then adds an extra 200 health over your maximum.

I know potions can't be used to permanently raise health or stats, I just want it a temporary boost that slowly drops down to your max even if your not getting hurt. Pretty sure you can do this, but after a lot of experimenting I can't figure it out.

I was trying a similar method as the one listed in the "Setting/Resetting Mana level" post but it doesn't work. Does this only work for mana potions because those will go over your max naturally?
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Re: Potion to Raise Max Health

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Mana potions are the only ones that can force one the 3 primary stats (hp, mana & stamina) above the maximum amount. If the given effect were only when the caster has a given item (like a staff or armor, etc) then you could swap the item to a version that grants the new max hp.

However, to make the effect "wear down" 1hp at a time would require you to have 200 copies of the same item (1-200 bonus hp) and then just use a lifetime/expire convert to tick it down (200 becomes 199, 199 becomes 198, etc). There's no way that I can think of that would achieve this effect easily. You could have it tick down at 10 or 25hp instead, that'd mean alot less messing around with objects, but it's not exactly what you want...

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone