Canceling my old website with DM stuff.

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Canceling my old website with DM stuff.

Post by cowsmanaut »

chaos.zpc.cz will be going away soon. There will be very little I'm going to keep from it as my feelings are that most of it is poop now anyway. It's from a time I was learning to paint in photoshop back when I got out of school and I'm at the point I'm embarrassed by it now. So, my old graphics set, and the character profiles will be coming down. I will be building a new website which will contain the character profiles without the paintings, for now. My other graphics set will be posted there as well, but not the ancient one that's up now. As I add to things (as I have been) I will add them to the set in a broken up fashion like portraits, monsters, walls, etc. I will also be putting other artwork there and it will exist as a portfolio site.

If you want to save any thing from the site for your own personal use, you should probably go and get it now. Before it vanishes in the ether.

The new website will be cowsmonaut.com and cowsmonaut.ca, there is nothing there right now. not even an index page.. but that will be coming in the near future hopefully.

moo
T0Mi
Expert

Re: Canceling my old website with DM stuff.

Post by T0Mi »

YOU WILL BE MURDERED IN THE FACE. THEN A TRUCK WILL RUN ALL OVER YOU. THEN IT TURNS OUT NABI IS SECRETLY A FURRY ROADKILL NECROPHILIAC. THEN YOU WILL SPILL COFFEE ON THE NEW CARPET.
Spoiler
This page is a place of nostalgia. Certainly your drawing skills have advanced. But you won't be able to summon such nice background storys about Nabi or Wuuf out of thin air these days. PLease: leave it as it is, maybe add a note at the index page with a link to your recent work. Leave it as it is - for the rest of us. (I've never seen that page before, but it reeks of the good old days. I love it.)
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

<BoNes shakes his fist in the air>
Curses! CURSES!!!

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

calm.. calm.. the stories will be all kept. the art will not. there is newer and better stuff already.. and I hoped to replace much of it with updates anyway.. The second reason I'm taking it down is because ZPC has been paying out of his own pocket to keep it up and running.. I'm going to switch to another site, but will contain similar items.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

<BoNes listens to Cowsmanaut's explaination intently>
I understand completely... It's good of ZPC to do that. Just make sure that we've got access to your pretty drawings :P

<BoNes returns to his previous fist shaking routine>
CURSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

*calm*

*brandish*

*war cry*

*blow horn*
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Looking forward to the new artwork. Although as you can tell from my avatar I quite liked the old artwork too.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

If you want to keep a copy online for archival purposes, I'd be happy to host that for you :)

Personally, I don't see the problem with keeping old stuff on the web. It's fascinating to see artists early work and to see how they've progressed,. I love stuff like that and I think it's a great way of showing how far you've come. :-) It also helps keep the web a good archive -- too much stuff disappears over the years that has no backups anywhere and it's a shame to keep losing unique little corners of the web...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

you want to archive it, by all means.. but I'm not interested in keeping most of it. There are a few things which I want to replace, and only one thing I'm actually interested in kind of keeping which is the RTC pages. since the instructions page has some use still. there are a few of the character paintings which are so so.. gothmog being one of them.. but certainly could be greatly improved.

as it stands, much on that site is broken, it has a link to an email of mine that no longer exists.. there are links to websites that no longer exist.. there are sections of the site that never existed.. it's just a waste..
Crash.
Adept

Post by Crash. »

Is this site being archived? Otherwise, can you tell me what the data size is?