Remove_Character_From_Party ?

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Remove_Character_From_Party ?

Post by Zed5Duke »

I need some mirror for this action, but what? Do i need to create new mirror of particular person? Am suppose that he will be transfered to this obiect, not sure how it work.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Re: Remove_Character_From_Party ?

Post by Lord_BoNes »

You need to clone the original mirror type, and then put an instance into your dungeon somewhere, without a character in it (only have 1 instance of it... this is important)
Then you use THAT new type as your Object_1 for your action. When the action fires, it will place the party leader member into the first Object_1 mirror it finds (seen as you only have one mirror of that type... then it ALWAYS targets that one). If you want to only ever have the one character in a given mirror (so a character is always in the same place) then you just need a unique mirror clone for each character... I know this means a lot of work, but it's RTC! That's what we've got to work with :(
If you want to target a specific member, then boost the whole party with a fake potion (a potion that has no stat boosts, but when consumed it fires an OBJECT_ACTIVATE action that fires a cloned relay type) that checks if the triggering character is the one your wanting to remove, if they are, then fire your REMOVE_CHARACTER for just that member. Just be careful how often you boost the party, it's been known to make RTC lag up with repeated over-use.

A few things to note:
If the mirror ISN'T empty, then nothing will happen. ADD_CHARACTER is the reverse, if the mirror IS empty, then nothing happens.
When you remove a character, they go back into the mirror in the current state they're in (so if they only have 10/999 hp, then they will only have 10/999 hp when you go to ressurrect them). You can always heal them just before you put them back in the mirror, so you can get around this.
Depending on which action you use to remove the character (there are 2 different ones) you can sometimes put the character's items back in the mirror with them... now imagine if that character was holding a key you needed... instant bug.

The ADD_CHARACTER works in a similar way. You just have your character placed somewhere in a mirror of the given type, and then when your action fires, it finds the first mirror of THAT type with a character in it, and adds them to the party, in the first available slot.

I hope I've helped you figure things out.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone